• BGW

5 45.45%
  • SFA

1 9.09%
  • PKD

5 45.45%

Thread: Where should I go on my Drive back from IOA

Question Where should I go on my Drive back from IOA

I'm going to IOA this week end and driving back north. We can stop at one park on the way back. Which one?

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    i'de say in this order:

bgw
    pkd
    sfa
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

I agree...

BGW won't win any awards for the "most" coasters, but each installation they have is of the highest quality for its genre. The park itself is one of the most beautiful around. SFA is one of the better SF parks, but I think it will improve in years to come. PKD is another nice park, but, despite the number of coasters, I don't think they represent a particularly "great" collection. Certainly Volcano and Hypersonic are "need to rides" for anyone, but the others are rather run of the mill (IMHO).

I think coming from a trip to IOA - BGW is so much different that it will be hard to draw park to park comparisons. An IOA / BGW trip will let you go and ride some of the best steel coasters in the country.
    Nothing like a big woodie first thing in the morning and before going to bed at night.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels (Small Park) Hersheypark (Corp Park) DCA & IOA (Theme Park) | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. Boulderdash (Lake Compounce) 2. GhostRider (KBF) 3. Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE) 2. Phantom's Revenge 3. California Screamin' (DCA)

I'd go with BGW also, unless you live far enough north to hit GrAdv.

James
    PKD its alot better then SFA and if you want more coasters PKD has more then BGW..but overall BGWs coasters are better

BGW will have a better atmosphere, but PKD has some pretty cool coasters. And well SFA just sucks.
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

if i had the chance to go, it probably be PKD as well.

It'd help if we knew where exactly you were going home to. I'm guessing it's somewhere along the East Coast. Anyways, definitely go to BGW. You won't ride the [i]most[/i] coasters on your trip this way, but you'll ride the [i]best[/i] ones. Superman and Volcano are very entreating though...
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Will he use it for good or.... Ta2KX's Avatar
    I haven't been to any of them unfortunately . . . yet, but I would probly stop at PKD, they have some rather unique coasters. I've heard some very good reviews about Grizzly, intamin inverted zero-g rolls are few and far between; same can be said about air powered coasters. But this is only my opinion, i can't say for sure just how good Apollo at BGW really is. SFA probably isnt worth your time, i would only stop there to see how the wild one is running, the turnaround looks beyond wicked.
    Thank you for riding Reaper! Drop Ride to Doom, and remember to desecrate a sanctuary today.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, employee mode

PKD will give you the best collection of coasters of the three, plus it is right off I-95 so it won't add any additional drive time (which is really important after that long a drive from Orlando). I think the BGW is a better park, but strictly for best coaster collection of the 3, it's PKD. But, I think SROS at SFA is the best coaster of any of those 3 parks. Personally, I would do all 3, but that's just me!
    See the sights on my site, AmusementPics.com!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    actually now that i think about it, you may want to go to PKD instead of BGW. comming from IOA, BGW will be similar with having a great atmosphere and having a small collection if high quality coasters. you would have just done that. go to PKD to vary up your trip a little.
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

I've never been to SFA, but the other two yes. PKD does have good coasters and more than BGW, but if I had to pick one, it would have to be BGW. I totally love all their coasters, expect for one, but I won't mention it's name, since almost everyone else loves it, so you should, without a doubt, ride everything there. But the best thing about BGW is simply the atmosphere, it's wonderful!! The characters they have throughout the park are wonderful and fun!! Although the lady in France would not let us take a picture unless she was in it!! But my husband loved her!! And my girls were a bit worried about the couple who wanted them to taste their opposum stew!! It's a very fun park for all ages!!

You COULD go HOME! Woohooo, Oh wait, you are going there. Stop at BGW. Others say PKD, I say BGW. PKD is a nice park in all but, BGW is a park that I have high ranks with, along with CP. It's THAT good. All the coasters are great. (even the Arrow looper!) and the park is so beautiful.

Not sure about those other parks, though.
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force