Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Knott's Berry Farm '04

Let gravity do the work.

Post Knott's Berry Farm '04

There have been rumors about a B&M/Intamin Inverted coaster for months already, coupled with the fact that General Manager Jack Falfas mentioned something about the announcement for next season's capital during the Winter Coaster Solace event in December.

James
    did they put anything where the roto shake was?...if noot do you think anything will go in its spot?

Let gravity do the work.
    Hammerhead is still there and operating. The rumor was that it will be removed by the end of this year. The Inverted coaster has supposedly nothing to do with Hammerhead - rumors point that it will roam the current area known as Indian Trails and by the Church by Reflection Lake.

Corkscrew Poster radioactiveduck's Avatar
    Awesome. The more inverts the better. As long as they aren't vekomas.
    It's a signature. Woopdy Doo. Whatever.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: DisneyLand | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider@KBF | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman, Scream!, and Goliath@SFMM

Let gravity do the work.
    If this does pull through as rumored, it will mark itself as California's third B&M inverted coaster (Top Gun, Batman The Ride, ___), fourth closed-circuit inverted coaster (Top Gun, Batman The Ride, Kong, ___), and seventh overall inverted coaster (Top Gun, Batman The Ride, Kong, Invertigo, Déjà Vu, Vertical Velocity, ___).

Exclamation

holy crap!!!! where did you hear this knotts is my home park and i havent heard a word?that would be really cool i wanna ride a B&M inverted at my homepark
    It's been a while Thrillnetwork
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator

Hasn't the B&M been rumored for a long time now? I think I can remember rumor of an invert before Xcelerator. I think it would be a great addition to the park, but I'm not sure if they'll get one.
    "Cedar Point has a wide variety of wooden coasters" - Discovery Channel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Minetrain Poster
    B&M inverted for Knotts? Yes. For 2004? No. Sorry, kids, but that's the truth. Maybe in another year.
    ride safe, say thank you, tell the truth
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Knoebels' Twister | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

And why do you say that SeaHawk.

It's Worlds Of Fun's turn to get an inverted.
    Women may come and go, but Morgan is forever.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: SOB | Steel Roller Coaster: MF

Let gravity do the work.
    There is no "his/her turn" when it comes to capital. If Worlds of Fun has the ROI to call for something as large as an investment as an Inverted coaster then it'll happen, but chances are - it won't.

Minetrain Poster
    Worlds of Fun is getting something smaller, probably a mouse. Knott's is getting nothing. I remember hearing that Mr. Falfas spoke at Coaster Solace (which was in March, not December) of an announcement coming in July, and everyone was supposed to get the connection with the end the light & water show on Reflection Lake. But it's been put off. They never announced it, it's just going to wait a year, probably. I guess company-wide attendance being way below plan has something to do with it - Cedar Point is about even with last year, but it WAY below what they would be if Dragster was running reliably, and Dorney totally lost the spring because of weather. But who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. If it's going to happen, it'll probably be announced in the next four weeks. If any of the other CF parks announce their stuff and Knott's doesn't, then there's your answer.
    ride safe, say thank you, tell the truth
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Knoebels' Twister | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Let gravity do the work.
    I can't argue that. It's not like Knott's hasn't put off an entire year before. Plus, La Revolucion and Joe Cool's Gr8-Sk8 were new additions for the 2003 season, and with Xcelerator's reputation still being spread throughout the southland and its momentum still strong, there is a good chance we won't see anything big until 2005.

seriously but they are good in my book anyway
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator

Yeah, really. Knotts looks kick @$$ man! Not to mention that there are rumors of Michigans Adventure getting something big enough to make me go back.... hmmm. Still those are rumors so we'll have to wait and see.
    Ne- RCT to the Max- http://www.nedesigns.com
    "What's so Civil about war anyway?"- Guns N' Roses
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Yeah, its a great park! And they have awesome rides for what amount of land that they have! Everything that they get, they take care of it really well! I think that its time for it to be on the top ten list!

They need to use the land across the street that they own because it is big enough for a compact coaster or one that crosses the road over the street !!

Let gravity do the work.
    If you're talking about the storage lot, then keep dreaming 'cause there is no way a coaster would be approved by the city to jump the street and finish off in that lot like you suggested.

It'll be a ride named after an 80's beer.

"Bud Dry"????
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope....couldn't think of anything
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

80's beer. It's made using only the finest ingredents. It's a 90's beer too. But was popular in the 80's. :-p

Go to cycloneracer.com they are trying to bring back the cyclone racer, the "world's greatest ride." Not a rumor. See for yourself at cycloneracer.com. There is a vote for which park it should be placed in if they rebuild the legendary 1920's wooden racer. Knott's was one of the parks.
    "Everyone's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way-stop participating in it." Noam Chomsky
    Favorites: Amusement Park: (That I've been to) Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath

I think building the cyclone racer at knotts is a great idea, but i doubt it'll happen ever in this world (unless luck be on thy side)

For what it's worth, I read on Screamscape that the new Knott's coaster was going to be called "Silver Bullet". I'm starting to think in light of the announcement about another Cedar Fair park, Dorney, and the fact that the layout of the new Knotts is rumored to not have a zero-g roll that the new ride for Knotts could end up being a floorless, but who knows. In any case I look forward to seeing a full circuit steel looping coaster lasting hopefully more than a minute at Knotts!
    "Strange how laughter looks like crying without sound, and raindrops taste like tears, tears without the pain."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Branson MO | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider (Knotts) The Beast (PKI) | Steel Roller Coaster: Riddlers Revenge Or Viper, SFMM

Minetrain Poster
    I've heard that Knott's has obtained the permits to move the Church next to Reflections lake over to the INdependence Hall Lot. As for the Invert that seems like a good choice considering they already have a woodie, an intamin, a boomerang, a shuttle loop. But I've also hear drumors that the new coaster might be placed over by Ghostrider. As for that theory about using the lot across the street, I think that sometime in the DISTANT future Knott's will use the land but not without taking out that cross street altogether. Who knows........
    Oh Oh I look just like Buddy Holly, oh oh and Mary Tyler Moore...

-Rivers Cuomo
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Let gravity do the work.
    Here it is - Knott's Southern California Resort 2004 is now official -

BUENA PARK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 9, 2003--
    -- Theme Park Makes Room for 2004 Capital Project --

Knott's multi-denominational church rescued from demolition in 1955 by Walter Knott will be moving to a more convenient location with easier access for church goers. The Church of Reflections has been a staple at Knott's ever since Mr. Knott moved the 1876 church from its original location in Downey. The Knott's Berry Farm founder had the clapboard church taken down and rebuilt it in its current location among the stagecoach, steam train and roller coasters.

"Moving the church to a location outside the gates of the park provides more convenient access, including close-in free parking and handicapped parking immediately in front. We are rebuilding the structure as close to its original state as possible, including maintaining the original stained glass windows, but ensuring the building meets earthquake safety standards and mandated codes. A new landscaping plan is in place and the structure will be surrounded with a secure fenced enclosure," Jack Falfas stated in a letter to the congregation on Sunday.

For the first time in the church's history within the boundaries of the theme park, the small house of prayer will add a Children's Ministry program beginning this Sunday. "With the relocation, we have the opportunity to expand the congregation and provide more programs such as the Children's Ministry. We're very excited about the possibilities," explained Pastor John A. Johnson. The pastor has been leading the congregation at the Church of Reflections for the past year, since the retirement of longtime pastor Sheldon Perrine. In addition to the youth program, the church Pastoral Council is considering adding more worship services in the hopes of growing the core congregation.

Moving the church to its new location adjacent to the Park Pavilion Picnic Center on the East side of Beach Boulevard will enable Knott's to expand other capital projects on the existing site. To remain competitive within the amusement industry, future growth includes a major capital addition in late 2004 with a complete unveiling of the plans after the park's October Halloween Haunt event. The last service in the current structure will take place on October 5. The inaugural service in the new location will be November 16, 2003.

Capital improvement plans for 2004 total $5 million, including the installation of Rip Tide, a $3 million thrill ride that will twist and turn 38 brave riders in awesome 360-degree arcs, eventually soaring 59 feet into mid-air. The new attraction will be located within the Boardwalk area replacing The Hammerhead attraction. Rip Tide is scheduled to debut in the Spring.

Knott's Berry Farm Theme Park is owned and operated by Cedar Fair, L.P., a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FUN." In addition to Knott's, Cedar Fair owns and operates five other amusement parks and five water parks, and operates a seventh amusement park under a management contract.
    www.businesswire.com

I think that a good original and custom inverted layout will fit good for knotts!!!!!

Let gravity do the work.
    Here's another press release this time courtesy of Orange County Register www.ocregister.com

It gives a more detailed description of Rip Tide - the $3 million floorless Top Spin from Huss that will be replacing the park's Zamperla-designed Roto-Shake, Hammerhead.

Steeple space
    Separation of church and park will let Knott's build a new roller coaster.
    By MICHELE HIMMELBERG
    The Orange County Register

BUENA PARK – The only church in the world located inside a major theme park is moving out.

The Church of Reflections, located for 48 years in the heart of Knott's Berry Farm, will be moved to a Knott- owned site across Beach Boulevard to give the congregation room to grow and Knott's room for a major new roller coaster in late 2004.

The church, rescued from demolition by Walter Knott in 1955, will hold its last service inside the park Oct. 5. The roof, the steeple, 15 stained- glass windows and other items will move, but most of the structure will be rebuilt to meet building codes.

The first service in the new location is planned for Nov. 16.

Knott's also said it will open a spinning attraction called Rip Tide next spring, followed by a "major capital addition" late next year in the church's current location. Details will be announced in November.

The developments signal another step in the evolution of the park from its family-owned roots to a corporate-owned park competing with other major players in the industry. Cedar Fair L.P. bought Knott's theme park in December 1997.

READY TO GROW
    Knott's Berry Farm will expand as it moves the church outside the theme-park gates. Knott's said Tuesday it will open a new attraction called Rip Tide next spring.
    Vehicle: A floorless gondola with two rows of back-to-back seating; maximum 38 passengers
    Action: Visitors soar 59 feet into the air, completing 13 full revolutions a minute while also spinning head over heels.
    Minimum height requirement: 48 inches
    Ride time: 2 minutes
    Cost: $3 million
    Manufacturer: Huss, Germany

In a letter to the church's congregation, Knott's General Manager Jack Falfas said: "We are rebuilding the structure as close to its original state as possible ... but ensuring the building meets earthquake- safety standards and mandated codes. A new landscaping plan is in place, and the structure will be surrounded with a secure fenced enclosure."

Moving the church outside the gates of the park makes it more convenient for the congregation to access, Falfas said. Members have been allowed to check in and out of the park on Sundays to worship with the multi-denominational congregation, but it was a long walk for some.

The church also plans to add a children's ministry for the first time in its history and hopes to add more worship services. It now holds about 150 people.

"With the relocation, we have the opportunity to expand the congregation and provide more programs," said Pastor John A. Johnson. "We're very excited about the possibilities."

Johnson has led the congregation at the Church of Reflections for a year, taking over after longtime pastor Sheldon Perrine retired.

In 1955, Walter Knott had the church taken apart piece by piece and rebuilt on what would become a thriving theme park. It's now located almost at the center of the park, among stagecoaches, steam trains and roller coasters. Members could hear the occasional scream or laughter coming from the park during services.

Along with Sunday services, and drop-in visits, the church welcomed nearly 200 couples a year as they exchanged marriage vows. Knott's will continue to book weddings at the church, said Susan Tierney, a park spokeswoman.

The church was built in 1876 for a congregation that worshiped at the time of the Gold Rush. By the mid-50s, it had become the First Baptist Church of Downey and the congregation had outgrown the building. When Knott heard it was going to be demolished, he offered to move it to Buena Park.

Knott, his family and employees attended services over the years. The church earned its name for the reflected beauty of its steeple on the adjacent Reflection Lake.

In another area of the theme park, called the Boardwalk, Knott's will remove a ride called Hammerhead to make room for Rip Tide, a $3 million spinning ride that's part of a $5 million capital improvement plan for 2004, Tierney said.

The new attraction will twist and turn riders as it soars 59 feet into mid-air. Hammerhead reached a height of 82 feet and also was a spinning-type ride. It was only 7 years old, but apparently did not have a high passenger count.

The major new coaster expected at the end of 2004 will count toward the 2005 capital improvements. Knott's introduced riders to Xcelerator in June 2002. The $13 million coaster is the first to use a hydraulic launch and reaches speeds of 80 mph on a steel track.

Let gravity do the work.
    http://www.mondialrides.com/ie/produ...ver/large8.jpgHere's an idea as to what Rip Tide should look like. However, the Mondial Top Spin pictured in that link is not floorless and isn't utilizing a back-to-back seating setup like Rip Tide will.

James
    umm for a pic you should have showed a superflip because they sit back to back.....

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast