Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Knott's Berry Farm '04

Here is another update from RCPro.....

Silver Bullet 08/29

Looks like there is a place to install trim brakes coming out of the Cobra Roll.....I hope they don't actually trim the ride anywhere....
    "Strange how laughter looks like crying without sound, and raindrops taste like tears, tears without the pain."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Branson MO | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider (Knotts) The Beast (PKI) | Steel Roller Coaster: Riddlers Revenge Or Viper, SFMM

"Strange how laughter looks like crying without sound, and raindrops taste like tears, tears without the pain."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Branson MO | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider (Knotts) The Beast (PKI) | Steel Roller Coaster: Riddlers Revenge Or Viper, SFMM

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    Im glad they are updating...unlike westcoaster.net....

Check out how close to the ground the pullout into the cobra roll is...

THat support holding the middle of the cobra roll is odd....its not in the center...
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

>Check out how close to the ground the pullout into the cobra roll is...<

Yeah that looks awesome, I was hoping it would dive down that low. My friend saw it and he was like "There's no way that's going to clear!" (LOL)

>THat support holding the middle of the cobra roll is odd....its not in the center...<

I think a lot if not all of that has to do with the fact that people will be walking under the center of the Cobra Roll and it was to make room for the walkway underneath. But this is yet another place where it will look like its going to collide with supports and add more excitement to the ride.

I'm still wondering what kind of fence they are going to have to separate the walkways from the parts where the cobra roll is right down to the ground there, and I think it would be cool if they put the on ride photo right there when it goes right down to the ground just before or after the cobra roll.

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    Yah, I love the interaction with the walkways and such...

its just SUCH a damn shame that drop is so weak.....
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Looks good as usual!

I had no idea that people were going to be able to walk under the cobra roll like that. Awesome!
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

Actually, that support isnt supposed to be in the center. They use 2 supports in the mid section of the cobra.

The only difference is it uses a |-| support instead of an |\ support. Obviously had to be something with the walkways.

[EDIT] Silver Bullet just looks too awesome. Thats gonna be a Top 10 ride for sure, even if the drop isnt the steepest (since honestly, I enjoy Raptors 45 degree drop more than MF's 80 degree drop, its not always about the steepness or severity of it) its going to offer alot of G's into the loop. I would bet itll end up being like Chang, whos drop isnt as steep as Mantis's, and thus, it enter the loop at a lower angle and pulls more G's at the entrance.

That and it just looks sweet, great colors.
    Last edited by Real; 08-30-2004 at 03:12 PM.

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknot8527
    Im glad they are updating...unlike westcoaster.net....
    No need to be dogging a website...so what if they haven't updated in a week? The guy that runs it updates as much as he can. Besides, KBF hasn't really done an immense amount of work on building the ride to warrant an update every other day. Lighten up...

How do you know? Have you ridden it? The proper sentence there would be that drop LOOKS weak.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

Yah, I love the interaction with the walkways and such...

I sure hope this drop on Silver Bullet isn't the last nail in B&M's coffin.

What are the previous nails may I ask?

B&M didnt make that drop...Knotts did. Knotts obviously couldnt, or didnt go with some insanely steep or crazy drop because of how they wanted to fit the ride in. Try to remember that guys...

I cant think of any nails in b&m's coffin.

Jr. Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Real
    B&M didnt make that drop...Knotts did. Knotts obviously couldnt, or didnt go with some insanely steep or crazy drop because of how they wanted to fit the ride in. Try to remember that guys...
    Ummm....no. B&M did design the ride, therefore they designed the drop. B&M surveyed the area that the coaster was to be built in and then they design a ride that will fit in that area. It was B&M, not Knott's.
    Silver Bullet - - December 7th - - Knott's Berry Farm
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Any SoCal Park! | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real
    What are the previous nails may I ask?
    He was being sarcastic.

Anyways, if you notice on any of the overview pics of the project, the reason that drop's angle isn't similar to the other inverts is because of a building and the Jaguar coaster. They wanted to make sure they had plenty of clearance there.

Here is a picture to explain: http://www.westcoaster.net/photo.php...kbf004-lrg.jpg
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

Banned
    The cobra roll supports look really different. It would be cool walking under the train while it is on the cobra roll.

You have to sacrafice something with a ride in this type of park with this type of space, and even thought the drop won't be thrilling, it will still be fun. The rest of the ride will make up for it. The drop is nothing to be worried about.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

You arent understanding me.

The parks go to the Company and say one of two things:

"We have this space. We want this type of ride, these elements, maybe a new one"

Or

"We have this space. Do what you want, just stay within these guidelines"

Normally they do the first one. Though, usually your best coasters come from the second one. To be 100% techincal, B&M nor Intamin ever design the tracks, Werner Stengel and his crew are contracted to do 99% of all of their work. Especially anything in the last couple decades, most of it was made by Stengel and his crew. All B&M or Intamin does is design the rides rails, trains and mechanical systems. Even Stengel designs the supports and does all the testing.

Im quite positive that Knotts most likly gave them some stipulations and thats the best they could do. Why? Because every other ride that Ive seen where they gave Werner Stengel and his crew complete control turned out AMAZING designs

-SROS SFNE
    -Expedition GeForce
    -Goliath
    -Raptor
    -Numerous other B&M's

Stengel is known to go pretty intense if you let him. His designs though are usually held back.

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    I never knew any of that. I wonder if he did TG @ PC.

/\ I'm sure he did, thought I am not 100% sure.

I had no idea that he did almost every B&M & Intamin coaster! That is a surprise to me! He sure does stay a busy man! I would love to be him one day!

Westcoaster has a pretty big update up:
    http://www.westcoaster.net/update.php?id=0830041

These pics look to be from Saturday or Sunday. One interesting find from the pics, if you look at the photos of the track: in addition to the track for the zero-g and turnaround, track for the first flatspin/wingover/corkscrew whatever-you-want-to-call it (although I think the official B&M term for these on an invert is "wingover") is on site. The zero-g segment is labeled #44 and then there is another twisted piece of track obviously for an inversion that is #56, which would be about right based on all the layout pics.

Also, happened to run across this pic someone took at the last Coaster Solace, it's a rendering of the layout that B&M presented:

http://redbull.smugmug.com/gallery/195945/1/7470020

You can't make it out all too well, but this one seems a lot more accurate than the rendering that came with the press release. Not THAT much of a difference, but it still seems a lot more in line with the actual layout. One thing I noticed was a little airtime hill in between the two wingovers which should be cool.....

Quote Originally Posted by BryanWood
    He was being sarcastic.
    Indeed I am being very sarcastic. I was actually cracking a joke at Slipknot seeing how he did make the thread about the accidents with S:ROS and TTD were the last nails in Intamin's coffin. Therefore when Slipknot said the drop is weak, I plainly said I hope this isn't the last nail in B&M's coffin.

Anyways, the construction of this coaster is going really fast, but you know how the weather slows down construction down in California. Being sarcastic again. But anyways, the whole ride looks awesome and I can't wait to go ride it next time I get back to California, which will hopefully be next summer.

The Zero-G Roll was completed yesterday (you can see a pic in this thread at RCPro)

http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/foru...=asc&start=150

And I heard someone say that half of the turn after the Zero-G is done as well as of today. They are moving right along now.....

Banned
    Construction is moving along so fast! This coaster just looks flatout sweet. I wish that I lived in Southern California.

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    WOW, Nice pics man. This thing it looking sweet. I can't wait to ride this thing.

Woah, that turn has extreme banking too! Looks awesome!

I didn't realize that Soak City USA (isn't that the name?) was so close. Nice are ariel shot too!

Let gravity do the work.
    Yeah. Soak City U.S.A was built on land that was previously an extended parking lot for Knott's Berry Farm guests and visitors to Independence Hall/California Marketplace. It's right across the street from the theme park. There's an underpass below the freeway that links the Marketplace/Knott's Berry Farm to Soak City U.S.A and Independance Hall/Picnic Area.

That underpass reminds me of Kennywood! I remember seeing Soak City U.S.A. on T.V. but never knew it was that close. Cool.

Let gravity do the work.
    Well, there are three Knott's Soak City U.S.A. waterparks. Which of the three was on TV? I think I came across that TV program once, but I didn't sit through the whole thing.

As for progress occuring at Knott's, Lucy's Tugboat has been testing and should be open within the next two and a half weeks.

Banned
    Where are some pics of Lucys Tugboat? Id like to see what on of those look like.

Banned
    That is so uber sexy.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast