Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My New Park: THE HYRULE ADVENTURE

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar

My New Park: THE HYRULE ADVENTURE

well i've finally started my newest park. this is a 200x200 size park themed to the videogame "legend of zelda: ocarina of time" for nintendo 64 which is one of the best games of all time. the map will be based on the whole land of hyrule and i will incorporate rides while trying to make it look like it does in the game. the enterance will be in kokiri forest, which is also where you start in the game. this is the only picture i have right now. its the enterance to the park. please comment!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enterance.jpg 
Views:	588 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	10101  
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

WOW. it looks great! Im really glad ur gonna do this i really wanted to but lacked the skills and scenery to make it. It looks really good, especially the tree selection and that path!
    School Sucks!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cyclone at Coney Island | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO

It looks great! Orcarina of time is one of my favorite games and always wanted to do something like this. Hope you can pull i threw.

Strata Poster
    The paths really ruin the screen for me. They look really bad.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

you really dont like the paths? whats wrong with them?

well anyways i built my first ride. its a launched freefall ride themed to the great deku tree. heres a close up:

Name:	deku tree.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	10102  
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

and heres an overview of it

Name:	overview.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	10103  

I think you should try to have a mouth open like in the game so they can walk into it. Maybe make the tree wider to.

how did you remove the supports? its not obvious from pic...

ahh good find skye. notice all those buildings and rooves? i put them in strategically to remove each support.

Strata Poster
    The paths look like they were done poorly. The don't fit very seemlessly into the RCT world.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Yeah, I don't like the paths, or the tree. The tree is far too unnatural, and the paths don't look like the cobblestone they are supposed to be. Change the tree though so it looks good. Asthedics are everything in RCT2.
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Banned
    Color the car on the S&S tower green to match the tower. I'll edit this post and give you some actual advice in the morning.

Is it an RCT2 park or a Wacky worlds park?
    CFRJ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Roar | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken

i dont have wacky worlds.

ok i built my first rollercoaster. its a suspended coaster named Kokiri Flyer. i changed all the paths to the brown type except for the path outside the enterances since i cant change them now. heres a picture of the enterance and a par of the coaster. as always comments are welcome.

Name:	flyer.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	10126  

Well your architeture is improving, looks pretty good. The bridge is very nice of course and the coaster doesn't look half bad.
    Ne- RCT to the Max- http://www.nedesigns.com
    "What's so Civil about war anyway?"- Guns N' Roses
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

thanks for the half nice words ride6.

here is a picture of the coaster's staion. you can find all the pictures in their normal size by going to my album - http://community.webshots.com/album/91090677yKGXmh

Name:	station.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	10127  

Looking good so far,you know for the park entrance you should've gone for using Hyrule castle instead of Kokiri forest.

In the game Kokiri forest is actually off to the right a bit as you approach Hyrule castle from the center of the field,& when you go to try to theme the remaining sections remember that they all radiate outward from the center of the field.

Just trying to give a few pointers so don't take it hard & I'm eargerly awaiting the download when it is finished,perhaps if it turns out really good you might want to take on the challenge of doing a park themed around Majora's mask next.

Now between OOT & MM ,MM was a real challenge that I still havn't beaten yet .OOT on the other hand is a relatively easy chalenge compared to MM & I've beaten it so many times it isn't funny anymore.
    CFRJ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Roar | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken

well this is a HUGE park and i really want it to be my best park so i really want to work hard and long on this. i really cant wait to show you what i have up my sleave for ganons/hyrule castle. here is what i have projected as a map:

Name:	map.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	10133  

Banned
    The suspended coaster spells disaster for me. It looks like it has airtime and is hilly (many straight drops) However I like the fact that someone actually made one.

I like everything about this park. The colors really work with the theme, and im really getting a feel for the hyrule aspect of the park. I cant wait to see hyrule castle, it should look awsome. Also, being someone who has played this game many times, i think your adaptation to RCT2 is the best possible given the limitatons of RCT2 scenery. Also i love how you got rid of the supports on the tree!
    School Sucks!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cyclone at Coney Island | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO

Banned
    Originally posted by CFRJfan
    Looking good so far,you know for the park entrance you should've gone for using Hyrule castle instead of Kokiri forest.

In the game Kokiri forest is actually off to the right a bit as you approach Hyrule castle from the center of the field,& when you go to try to theme the remaining sections remember that they all radiate outward from the center of the field.

Just trying to give a few pointers so don't take it hard & I'm eargerly awaiting the download when it is finished,perhaps if it turns out really good you might want to take on the challenge of doing a park themed around Majora's mask next.

Now between OOT & MM ,MM was a real challenge that I still havn't beaten yet .OOT on the other hand is a relatively easy chalenge compared to MM & I've beaten it so many times it isn't funny anymore.
    Want a real challenge? Beat the original Zelda on the NES (first nintendo console). I have yet to see of hear of ANYONE beating that game. I'm only maybe 10% at the most thru the game.

The original one isn't that hard. I've beat that and the second quest. The second quest uses the same map but moves around the locations of all the dungeons.
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express

well i pretty much finished kokiri forest and have started work on zoras river/domain. here is a picture of where you leave kokiri forest and enter to world of hyrule.

Name:	kokiri forest.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	10156  

I LOVE how you put that screen together with the right amount of path and trees. The one thing I see are the four trees that are right next to each other. Will we be seeing any rides in this area, going yhrough the rocks later?
    Last edited by coaster_kid89; 09-21-2003 at 01:57 PM.
    I LOVE ANN COULTER Dont Mess with me, I am an extemporaneous speaker. If you know what that is and what it means, give yourself a cookie. Also I am the only Conservative Libertarian on this site, and proud of it.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PKI | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son Of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: MF

umm...there are some flat rides in this section that i didnt show pictures of. the rocks are there to split the sections from one another. those rocks go all the way to the edge of the map.

I like the idea behind the park (one I envisioned awhile ago but never thought of actually creating) but it's executed poorly. For one, Kokiri Village is way too treed. If I remember right, the area is mostly open, with some houses, some hills, and a little river thing near the side. What you have is basically the Lost Woods, but with the real crappy looking scary tree and architecture that doesn't even exist in the game (should be large tree stumps). The Deku Tree should also be wider and shorter.

I'm interested to see how the rest of this turns out.
    Last edited by Rebel2000; 09-21-2003 at 11:40 PM.
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I think it looks good so far.
    CFRJ

I like what ur doing with the park. I think the dek tree would look bettter if you had some of the coaster "branches" hang downward. It would make the tree look more realistic, not like a brown log with green hair on top.

BTW I think that MM is much easier then OoT once you get used to saving in MM. MM is also a lot shorter. The original isnt that hard either, ive beat both modes, hard and easy, the zelda i dont like is zelda 2, its just stoopid.

And SFGad, youve inspired me, i think ill make my next park themed after Majoras Mask.
    School Sucks!

Banned
    It doesn't look anything like in the game...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast