Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSP revealed!

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar

PSP revealed!

Sonys new handheld system has been revealed.

From the looks of it, I can say this wont be the final design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1233.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	10499  
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Strata Poster
    Wow, I can't stop laughing at how stupid this thing looks right now.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

um, actually it looks pretty cool. But like I said, Im 99% sure thats just a concept drawing.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

It's being sold at McDonalds, it seems.

And where's the analog stick?

Originally posted by coasterphil
    Wow, I can't stop laughing at how stupid this thing looks right now.
    What's wrong with you?

I think it looks pretty good. The wide screen seperates itself from the gameboy, but that hand strap makes me think they intend you to take it everywhere. And where are the analog sticks?

I gotta say it looks decent so far.
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Raptordude, notcie something abnout the screen? Its not a real pic of it. You can tell how it doesnt match up. ONCE again! This is an artist rendition...the final product will change!!!!!
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

I think it looks really cool. I also like how they have those minidisc looking things as the game. I hope it will resemble that when it comes out.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Tennessee Tornado

After more inspection, it looks like the buttons are touch sensitive....hmm......Like, maybe you just move your thumb around that circular pad to make the player move? I dont know about that....
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Interesting. I can't see myself buying it though. Not a fan of PS2. But if the price is right and it gets good reviews i might consider it. I realize it is only a concept drawing but is this going to be sold sometime late in 2004 or in 2005?

Strata Poster
    I just think it looks amazingly stupid right now. Maybe its just because I'm used to the GBA.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

I think it looks really cool and I might consider buying it whenever it comes out.
    T-Unit
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Its Been Awhile jimmycoasterman's Avatar
    I just think it looks amazingly stupid right now. Maybe its just because I'm used to the GBA.
    I don't think GBA is the most stylish thing either....
    Internet, internet how do you do, I want to sing and type with you
    J-I-M-M-Y...Its ALIVE
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken

Strata Poster
    This tries to hard to be stylish. Plus the GBA SP looks pretty cool if you ask me.

The GBa isnt stylish, but the GBA:SP is extremely good looking and sleek.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

I don't like the GBA, advance or not. I just don't like portable games that much for some reason. Yeah, they're fun. But I still play my GameBoy pocket. Silver, way back from when. No color, just your normal GameBoy. I just play it in class sometimes. I don't really need anything fancy, which the PSP comes in.

I think it looks decent, in which it seperates itself from the, one thingy. I don't find the GBA stylish, for the sheerfact that what they did was really simple. Not saying it isnt good, it just isn't as awesome you all cut it out to be.

Phil, I think it looks good. A lot of other people say it does. The GBA is fun, but seriously, give it a chance. The wide-screen and the buttons look pretty cool, and it looks pretty slim. So give it a chance.

(Remembers it's an artists redering).
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

The Gameboy SP really is that awesome though. Im guessing you've never played it. Its backlit, has a great design, a great library of games, and its made by Nintendo.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Strata Poster
    You aren't going to make a better handheld than the SP, so there is no reason to try it.

Its Been Awhile jimmycoasterman's Avatar
    You aren't going to make a better handheld than the SP, so there is no reason to try it.
    The goal isn't necessarily to rival Gameboy products as much as it is to just make more money.
    Internet, internet how do you do, I want to sing and type with you
    J-I-M-M-Y...Its ALIVE
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken

Strata Poster
    Which they aren't since there isn't going to be much of a market now.

Originally posted by slipknot8527
    The Gameboy SP really is that awesome though. Im guessing you've never played it. Its backlit, has a great design, a great library of games, and its made by Nintendo.
    I actually have. It's really nice and I lvoe how it flips down and slides into your pocket. What they did isn't that revolutionary, it's just improving what they had before, which is 100% acceptable.

It is revolutionary though! First off, some of the games rival those fo early PS1 games as far as graphics go, jumping from a gameboy color to a gameboy Advance is night and day difference. and its back lit, and most importantly, it delivers many hours of gameplay on little battery supply...something the sega nomad could never do. I believe the Nomad ran 8 hours on 6 AA batteries.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Sega nomad? All I remember is the gamegear. The gamegear I think was color, yet sucked horribly. Seag just needs to sell their games to consoles etc. Sega, give up.

The Sega nomad came out around 96. Basically, it was a portable Sega Genesis. You could play any sega game on it and it was about the size of a game gear...but like I said, a terrible flop due to it eating up batteries.

And Sega is an excellent company, their problem is, they always look to new things rather than focusing on current projects. The company Sega has made many and is still making many great games for all three systems.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Giga Poster
    When is it going to come out and how much does it cost?

Don't think there is any specific info on it. Its just an artist's view

i never really liked any handheld. the games are rubbish and they are bulky and use up batteries too quickly.

I don't think handhelds will ever catch on. i think mobile phones will be much better at playing games. i don't mean like the n-gage, but in 10 years time when phones are really powerful, with wireless multiplayer, decent screens, good battery life, tv tuners, internet access and PDA type functions. And mp3 player of course. And still a good phone.

Then they will sell a lot. The technology for good handhelds just dosn't exist yet, and people don't want to pay another 200 on another device.

Yea i definitly agree with you on that Skye. I have the i95cl Motorola cell phone. I also have about 15 games on it. I love playing them. Sure the graphics aren't incredible, but for something that size and with such a dull color screen, I am very impressed. I mean i can already see a start with cell phone games. I think that cell phones will have incredible memory and be able to have tiny graphics cards to hold really great handheld games.

Strata Poster
    Originally posted by Skye
    i never really liked any handheld. the games are rubbish and they are bulky and use up batteries too quickly.

Thats why the GBA SP has a rechargable battery.

I traded in my original GBA for a SP earlier this year, but I find that I actually use my GameBoy Player way more than the handheld.

Some of the arguments in this thread remind me a lot of the time before Sony brought out the PlayStation. Phrases like "You aren't going to make a better handheld than the SP, so there is no reason to try it." point out my point exactly. Nintendo had a complete and dominant stranglehold on the console market in the 80's. In the early 90's the SNES was the most popular console around. The Sony came out and blew Nintendo out of the water. The moral of that story is that no company is ever safe when the next generation comes out. The "next" generation can be the great equalizer.

It's for that reason alone that I am not dismissing the PSP, and I'm sure Nintendo isn't either. Ever since the release of the GameCube, I've thought that it would be the perfect opportunity for Nintendo to miniturize the technology and put it in a handheld. That seems to be the approach Sony is going for, but I think Nintendo would actually be able to do it at a competitive price, since they are already making a profit off the GCN and it's only at $99. Throw in a little LCD and sell the new handheld for $149 and I'd be the first in line.

To say that SOny blew Nintendo "out of the water" in the 90's is quite the ignorant comment.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast