Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ban List

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar

Ban List

This is the list of people who have been banned, with the official reason.

Since we are giving you the reason for the ban, there is no reason whatsoever to discuss a ban any further anywhere on this site. Furthermore, staff will not discuss the bans with the members in any way or hold a public discussion in this or any other thread.

EDIT: Since people do not seem to grasp this concept... we are not at all required to post reasons for any ban, and we are doing this on our will. So, if a ban is not posted, please do not question why it is not posted, or the thread will be closed.

Simply put, ban reasons are on a need to know basis, and really, you, as a member, don't need to know. We simply choose to let you know when we are not obligated to do so.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

General Public has been banned because of recent conduct against some members on this site. He flamed and bothered some members and went directly against our warnings. He had been warned before on the same issue but did not cease his behavior. For doing that, he has been banned for three weeks.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Rebel2000 has been banned for a week.

He's been warned multiple times about spam and starting arguments. He was on his final warning when he posted a link to content that was highly inappropriate for TN (according to the Terms of Use).
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Diesel has been banned indefinately for posting an inappropriate image in CoasterChat.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Dragster21 has been banned for a period of two days due to spam and double posts. Many of you may have noticed his posts. Some of you even reported them in Help Us Out (thank you).

UPDATE: He has been permanently banned for continuing to disregard our warnings. We warned him two or three times about the spamming, double posting and other things, and he did not listen.

CougarCrazy and TINY_SOB were multiple accounts created by the same person, and that violates the Terms of Service on usernames. They have been banned.

Thebigfishy was banned for 5 days because of spam. He apparently did not get the idea of searching for topics, why we close things, and even how to private message.

We have FAQs for all of those. That and he asked if he could become a mod.

Jay Linn was banned for two days because of a vulgarity toward staff in his signature. It has since been changed (again).

intamin101 was banned for three days because of this post.

Jay Linn repeated the above violation, got himself two weeks now. Next time it will be permanent with an ISP contact. His signature has also been removed.

SFOG Freak received a one week ban for conduct he was warned about (flaming other members).

Just so you all know, if you flame or spam in PM, we can still do something about it.

Fixing What You Broke Kyle Rehm's Avatar
    General Public Has been for 2 months due to a constant disregard towards forum members and forum rules. His recent posts and avatar have been offensive. His posts have lead to flame wars and arguements.
    Last edited by Steven; 06-13-2004 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Edited ban duration
    Kyle Rehm
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper (SFGAm) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Moronbarf has been permanently banned for repeated violation of the Terms of Use. We attempted to warn him multiple times and he ignored. He also tried to submit a phony ride to the TN database.
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

CoasterCuravo was banned for excessive advertising on TN as well as peddling copyrighted works for a profit on our site (his cafepress site).

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    Roadrail has been banned permanently. He was originally banned for 2 months due to excessive flaming and curse-blocker evasion. His ban was then extended to permanent because he signed up under a new name (which was deleted) to try to flame more, and was in the process of e-mailing a member via our boards to flame him.

Last edited by BryanWood; 07-21-2004 at 09:53 PM.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

Photosystems was banned permanently for advertising his site.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Fefy420 was banned for advertising.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Kraken and Carowinds 73-03 have both been banned for two weeks for spam.

Darren was banned for a week due to an internal staff matter of violating TN Staff rules. His ban will be over on 8/5. In addition to the ban, moderator privileges will no longer be available to him.

Please do not ask us to elaborate on the specifics of the matter. Staff members will not discuss it further.

Pipesdrums was banned because he failed to stop spamming after he recieved two warnings. He also had two sigs in violation of the ToS during the day today, which also accounts in the decision for the 2 week ban.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

fefy81 was banned for evading his ban (as Fefy420) and continuing to advertise. As a result, his entire class C IP block was banned from TN, no one can sign up with usernames containing "fefy", and the owners of the sites that he advertised for were contacted.

For the record, we maintain a record of all deleted posts and threads, plus we also don't hesitate to contact ISPs with abuse complaints. Our record of getting user's ISP accounts shut down has been near perfect, with only one case where no action was taken. We will not hesitate to give them whatever they need to merit such a shutdown.

As a result of the "Save the Giant Wheel" thread that tailspinned, the following bans have been discussed by all of the admins and issued tonight:

Magnum Robert- 1 week. As a result of flaming and his persistent mocking of our members.

MagnunKelly-1 week. Her egging on of Coastermatt, using "stfu" to work around the curse-blocker (it's still the same), her frequent spamming/unproductive posts on the boards.

General Public-permanent. His ban is permanent because he has been banned a few times before. His frequent mocking of the members, spamming and other things lead to this ban placed by the admins.
    Bryan Wood

Franchise has been banned for 2 weeks due to spam and flaming members and staff in the forums and via private message.
    Bryan Wood

mcity1 has been banned forever for advertising smoking products on TN.

Boils the Clown has been permanently banned for advertising his web site and for spam.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

mach10bill was banned for advertising.

Rkey2000 was banned for flaming a mod via e-mail and threatening an attack against TN... in addition, we have recorded his info and have it ready should something happen like that.

cigmania has been banned for advertising tobacco products.

EDIT: cigmania = mcity1. We caught him by the IP address, and we have banned his ISP and contacted their abuse department.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

The admins have decided that VekomaFan has been banned for 2 weeks for excessive spam and language...including evading the curse filter.
    Bryan Wood

Matt M was suspended for 2 weeks for an internal matter where he violated TN Staff rules. He will be back as a staff member afterwards.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast