View Poll Results: How should the speedzone look?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it the way it is

7 41.18%
  • Looks more like the new TN

10 58.82%

Thread: Speedzone functioning and look

Speedzone functioning and look

The current speedzone has been up for a few months, and we are looking to make improvements to it. However, we need to know the following...

1) What problems, if any, have you had in using the section? Please be very specific.
    1a) If your problems are related to uploading (you get a fatal error), do you have a firewall installed on the computer?
    1b) Try disabling the firewall. Did disabling the firewall solve your upload problem?
    2) Are you satisfied with the current look of SpeedZone, or would you rather have it look like the rest of the site?
    3) What programs/games would you like to see covered or removed?
    4) On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of SpeedZone

This is not a discussion thread or a trade of ideas. This is an official survey for us to determine the direction of Speedzone.

Please answer ALL questions, or your opinion will not count.

Thanks
    Last edited by Steven; 01-27-2004 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Add request for info
    "Cedar Point has a wide variety of wooden coasters" - Discovery Channel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

1)No problems
    2)Keep it the way it is.
    3)I'd like to see Sea World Adventure Parks Tycoon covered and Sim Theme Park and Ultimate Coaster removed.
    4)I'll give it an 8.
    THIS ISN'T NORMAL. I'VE GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS HORRENDOUS PLACE.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Raging Wolf Bobs | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

1) It doesn't sign me in automatically, but it probably isnt supposed to.
    2) I personally think it needs to be revamped. Looks a little plain at the moment. Thats just my opinion though. Maybe a page of help, eg. how to make buildings, then how to make the rooves more interesting. How to make good duellers ect.
    3) Theres games there that no one has uploaded to, i think these should be removed. Then maybe an improved way of navigating through it could be added.
    4) 6/10
    My Park Screenshots
    You can find the thread for this park here!
    You Can Download My Park HERE!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: thorpe park/alton towers | Steel Roller Coaster: Nemesis at alton towers

1) What problems, if any, have you had in using the section? Please be very specific.

I have log in/out problems, as well as uploading problems (see 1a).
    1a) If your problems are related to uploading (you get a fatal error), do you have a firewall installed on the computer?
    I have Norton Antivirus installed and running when I upload, yes.
    1b) Try disabling the firewall. Did disabling the firewall solve your upload problem?
    No. I tried several times, and uploading does not work with Norton on or off for me. Even uploading on the boards sometimes does not work, although this doesn't happen as often.

2) Are you satisfied with the current look of SpeedZone, or would you rather have it look like the rest of the site?
    I think it would look much better Speedzone were to be the same colors as the main site.

3) What programs/games would you like to see covered or removed?
    I don't think any changes should be made to the program list.

4) On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of SpeedZone.
    I rate the Speedzone a 7 now, but with some new features (auto log-in, more space to post, a different design when viewing coasters, better searches, organize coasters by name, game, with/without screenshots, etc.), and a different skin it could easily score even higher.
    Last edited by hobbester; 01-09-2004 at 04:48 PM.
    Formerly active.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Strata Poster
    None except login

I defintely think it needs to change to look more like the new site. Its much to dark and bland now.

What everyone else said.

Right now, I'd give it a 6.
    Last edited by coasetrphil; 01-09-2004 at 08:50 PM.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    Hey guys... so you know, if you're having login problems, first, manually clear your cookies, and the login on SpeedZone uses the main site login now. So, make sure you are either logging in from the main site or from SpeedZone.

If it solves your problems, please change your answers about that question.

Thanks
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

1) No problems, but it would be nice if you could make larger edits to your uploads. Like if you make a mistake and replace the uploaded file, add or replace any graphics/thumbnails, etc. As it stands now all you can do is change the text.

2) The look doesn't bother me, its the functioning that is more important.

3) The list is fine as is. Any future "Coaster" software or theme-park simulations can be added as time goes on.

4) I'd give it a 6. Does what its supposed to do, but could possibly be more user friendly, give more editing options, searchs, random file link everytime someone viewd the main page (like RCDB which shows a different coaster), etc. Not a bad start though, keep up the good work & adding any features.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done. - George Carlin
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Gemini

1) no problems.
    2) i like the look of speedzone the way it is now, it would be boring if it looked like the rest of the site.
    3) remove the games noone has ever posted in, like ultra coaster, scream machines, sim theme park, and ultimate ride. they are doing nothing but wasting space.
    4)id give speedzone an 8.5 it does its job and looks cool, but has some wasted space.
    School Sucks!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cyclone at Coney Island | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO

NOTE: Please answer all questions, in the following order given. Otherwise, your opinion will not be counted. It's an official survey as we want to know where to focus our improvements.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    Sorry.
    I have had no problems and hope never to.
    Do not change the look, I like it now.
    I agree with SV. Lose the games nobody has posted on.
    I give it a 8.5 (give more editing options)

I just deleted many of the posts that did not contribute to the thread topic and rules. So, in the future, please conform to the questions that we ask.

This is not a discussion thread or a trade of ideas. This is an official survey.

Please answer ALL questions, or your opinion will not count.

We're going to go ahead and start planning on improvements.

Based on the poll, we're going to go ahead and make it fit around the site, but I am going to keep the SpeedZone feel as much as possible.