Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol

American Idol

The try outs are here and they are better then ever. So here is the place to talk about what you think of the singers and the judges.
    I LOVE ANN COULTER Dont Mess with me, I am an extemporaneous speaker. If you know what that is and what it means, give yourself a cookie. Also I am the only Conservative Libertarian on this site, and proud of it.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PKI | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son Of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: MF

American Idol sucks. However, it's better than some shows a.k.a. Joe Millionare, Batchelor, etc.
    LINKIN PARK IS A ROLLER COASTER!!!!
    LINKIN PARK IS A ROOOOOOLER COASTER!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: TTD and MF

American Idol is awesome. I just watched the first show of the 3rd season just a few minutes ago. It is soo funny watching them make fun of those horrible singers that come in there and try and sing. I don't know if you guys watched it or remember the bet Simon and the fat chick made. That was soo funny. She was soo full of herself until she got a dose of reality. Of course all those people were probably payed to walk out of the bar but it was still very funny. Great show.

Banned
    Voted American Idol sucks.

Ok. I'm talking about the try outs. This is the only part I watch because of some of the singers. This is the only part you need to watch.
    I LOVE ANN COULTER Dont Mess with me, I am an extemporaneous speaker. If you know what that is and what it means, give yourself a cookie. Also I am the only Conservative Libertarian on this site, and proud of it.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PKI | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son Of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: MF

Quote Originally Posted by coaster_kid89
    Ok. I'm talking about the try outs. This is the only part I watch because of some of the singers. This is the only part you need to watch.
    Exactly. It's the insults and the horrible, cocky singers who jump in there. When everyone starts to get really serious then it becomes stupid.

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    I think i'll just watch the tryouts this season. The only reason i watched last year was cause of Clay. Unless someone else fron NC makes it to the show i might not watch.

I watched it last night and thought it was hysterical. I can't believe some of these people actually think they can sing.

The best part for me was when the one girl said she had God by her side, and Simon said he must have taken today off. The look on that poor girl's face was priceless.

Banned
    I caught a few minutes of AI, while waiting for "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" to start. I thought the girl with the scooter wasn't very good. Overall, I wasn't impressed with AI and won't go out of my way to watch it again.

"My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" was pretty funny, though. I will try to keep up with that show.

It's best in the beginning of the season, when there's so many horrible contestants. After that, it gets real boring with the same kind of 1.5 minute songs every week and *gasp* another contestant voted off.
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I agree. Not too much fun. Thanks god for Tivo. So easy to condence an hour show to 20 mins.

This show is poor and all of the other pop idol (british show), lame accademy (fame), and others similar suck and just get on my nerves. There on TV all the time and should of died out by now. We here in england are on our 4th/5th installment of flop idol (as i call it). At least i have the Alien Quadrilogy (9 disks) to keep me happy. Just wish one of the aliens would eat all the sad people on it.
    HAVE YOU SAT NEXT TO THE INVISABLE COASTER MAN YET!!!!!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Megathobia (Oakwood), Falken (Farup Sommerland, Den) | Steel Roller Coaster: The Increadible Hulk Coaster (IOA)

Well I personally love the show. It's just funny to watch these people that think they can sing.

The "scat girl" last night was terrible, but I did feel sorry for her.

Most of those people must have some really lieing families or something. I would tell them to not even try out.

I just don't understand how they think they can sing.

The red headed guy that sang one of the 40's songs (can't remember which one), was one of the best last night. And scooter girl was good too.

I'm a singer, so I appreciate the good singers more than the GP probably. I usually agree 98% of the time with Simon. He may be rude some times, but he knows his stuff.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I completely agree BGW. Although I don't feel bad for the people like "scat girl." They should know exactly what to expect and should have done a reality check for themselves before letting people like Simon do it for them. But then again if they did a reality check for themselves, then half the people that were waiting for days would probably end up leaving before try-outs.

Strata Poster
    I watch some of the tryouts, and then never watch it again.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

I also felt sorry for Scat Girl. I have heard her on the radio from the American Idol advertisements and on the TV. I am sure that if she realized that this was going to happen, then she would of never done it. In her eyes maybe she thinks that she is good. She said that she tried her best. I feel sorry for her. I would sue American Idol for that!
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

Its all a scam and the winners only ever have one song that makes it big then they just disapear of the face of the earth, look at the winners from the british version and I cant even remeber what they look like yet alone who they are or what they sing. It need to end and something more original needs to take its place.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Megathobia (Oakwood), Falken (Farup Sommerland, Den) | Steel Roller Coaster: The Increadible Hulk Coaster (IOA)

The only part of the show that is worth watching is all the crappy singers. Other than that, I could care less about this show or anything else in the realm of pop.

Quote Originally Posted by bk2004
    I also felt sorry for Scat Girl. I have heard her on the radio from the American Idol advertisements and on the TV. I am sure that if she realized that this was going to happen, then she would of never done it. In her eyes maybe she thinks that she is good. She said that she tried her best. I feel sorry for her. I would sue American Idol for that!
    All contestants sign a waver that says they can use any footage of them on the show even if they are humiliated. Thats how all reality shows work. I saw a VH1 special about them and thats what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Scooti
    Its all a scam and the winners only ever have one song that makes it big then they just disapear of the face of the earth, look at the winners from the british version and I cant even remeber what they look like yet alone who they are or what they sing. It need to end and something more original needs to take its place.
    You're actually wrong. Will Young had a number one just before Christmas - there's also Gareth Gates, Girls Aloud, Liberty X etc. still churning out music which is high in the charts. Personally, I hate these singing contest shows - to watch a load of talentless wannabes is almostgiving them what they want, their 5 minutes of fame.

Gareth who and Will what?
    Alright so some are still about but the others from fame academy fave disapeared completly with no trace.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastr Crazy 72
    I completely agree BGW. Although I don't feel bad for the people like "scat girl." They should know exactly what to expect...
    Exactly. They should know what they're getting into before they walk in. I was just saying that that one person seemed like a nice (although a bit naive) person, and she seemed a little upset.

Most of the people I don't feel a bit bad for, because they come in with attitude to spare, and act like "Look out! It's the next Whitney Houston! Look out for me! Sign me right now! I'm so awesome!"

Then they act shocked when they're told they're bad
    Last edited by Wes; 01-20-2004 at 07:32 PM.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I only watch the beginning, then the finals. And I only watch it at all because of Simon, if nothing else he's honest.

As far as it being a scam, I don't think so. That Clay guy (I think that's his name), has a couple of music videos out, my youngest daughter has them on tape. So, if it's really a scam, how do you get music videos on MTV or that VH whatever channel?

Banned
    ^ MTV and VH1 will play whatever is hot for the moment. Check out some of the comments on the "MTV sucks" thread. Clay and the others will be long forgotten in the near future.

I actually watched more AI today and was slightly amused by the horrible singers. The guy who came onto Paula Abdul made me sick, though. I will watch Simon get water thrown on him in tomorrow's show.

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    i watched it tonight and it was soo funny. its only good when theyre in the tryouts, once they go to hollywood it sucks
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Again we had stupid people that thought they were sooooooooo good, and stunk. The girl that got so pissed and said they made the biggest mistake in the world is crazy. She's never going to get work as a singer. She wasn't the worst, but she was close.

Plus, if you actually have talent, then don't go postal on national TV. No one would hire you, because you acted like a idiot.

Ain't followin' Whitey's rules Diesel's Avatar
    The tryout shows are phony. Those people have already passed through an initial try-out before they get to Simon and Co. They don't just let anybody walk in off the street and meet those three. So how do these people make it past the pre-Simon judges? Bad singers + Simon = Comedy = Ratings. Some might even be up and coming actors that got their first gig pretending to be singers. It's all a ruse.

With that said, the first show is still entertaining.
    Last edited by Diesel; 01-24-2004 at 08:42 AM.
    "It's just gonna be goin' on...like Donkey Kong...144,000 strong."
    I still BRAKE for Kraken.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Magic Kingdom | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Strata Poster
    Yeah, my dad and I were trying to tell my sisters that last night. Its still funny though.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

What I don't understand is how they can let THAT many bad ones through the initial screening. I know they want it to be funny, but come on.

Houston ended up with only 13 or so going through. That's horrible! Out of 80,000 people, only 13. That's a little weird. But then again, some of those people just came out to be on TV. I know a lot of peope just want their "15 minutes of fame".

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    I still think the really bad singers are put there by the producers for comic relief. It's just to get you to watch. There is no way any of these people would make it that far to go before Simon,Paula & Randy.

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast