Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol

I thought the best performance was the first one. I think she is 16 or something. She was the best, IMO. I think the one with the weird dress that sung the blues song was more of what people are looking for though. She looks great on camera, has a great voice and is really energetic. She looks like the next Britney Spears.

Fantasia is much more like Macy Grey. I hate Macy Grey and I hate her voice so, no vote coming from me for Fantasia.

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    One of my pics made it into the top 12. Fantasia.

I was kind of surprised the #1 (out of 8) person made it through. She was good, but I thought #6 and #4 were better.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Fantasia is from High Point, NC, and that's like 15 minutes from where I live, so she's got my vote all the way through.

Yuo see that is the problem with a lot of people who vote. The ones who actually care enough to vote are usually the ones who live nearby or have some relation in that area. They don't vote for who they think is the best. I jsut hope they rig this and give it to the one who deserves it most and not let people like us decide. If you happen to think they are the best then disregaurd my post.
    Last edited by Coastr Crazy 72; 02-12-2004 at 02:38 PM.

That's just it, I think she is the best. I like the way she sounds, looks, and she has a very...unique attitude.

Yeah I think she's a good entertainer. I don't think she'll make it to the top 5, but I could be wrong. I try to vote for two people that I think should stay in. She couldn't have been voted for just by the NC folks, she got 24% of the vote from the nation.

It will be interesting to see how far she gets.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I was looking at an AOL poll today about the American Idols and I noticed something. The judges are the ones who really influence the voting. Think, if they had criticized Fantasia then would she really be leading the votes? If some of the people, like that black dancer guy, had gotten better reviews from the judges then maybe they would have been on top. I am contradicting what I said before by saying that I really think that the judges have a lot to do with people's votes.

I agree. I think people kind of follow what they say. Plus if they say something bad about someones performance, they're more likely to get upset and make themselves look like an idiot on tv.

Well, if you think about it, I think it's a good thing that peoiple are listening to the judges. Do you expect the average American to know half a thing about music. Look at popular artists like Simple Plan and 50 Cent are!! What makes an average American think that they know more about music than a professial like Simon or Paula?
    I don't feel like manually adding my Track Record, so I'm just going to tell you it's 228.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: SROS@SFNE

That's true but they only sang one song and you don't really have to be an expert to know what kind of music you like. I am not voting for who I think I would be a great star, I am voting for who has the best voice. You have to be pretty dumb to not be able to tell who you think has the best voice.

Well.....I don't know Coastr Crazy, there's some pretty dumb people out there. But I see what you mean, in general, people do go with what they generally like. I think that this season isn't going to be as good as Clay/Rueben.

BTW has anybody noticed that the importance of last name has gotten less and less important.

Kelly Clarkson-can't say one without the other
    Clay Aikens- Aikens is just icing on the cake, can go with just Clay
    Reuben- Does he even have a last name?
    I don't feel like manually adding my Track Record, so I'm just going to tell you it's 228.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: SROS@SFNE

No it definitly won't be as good as Clay/Rueben.

I don't think last names were ever that important, at least to me ::

I don't know, I never cared much for Reuben, nothing against him personally, he seemed like a great guy, but I think that Clay sounded a lot better.

I agree. It's kinda hard the think the show wasen't fixed when Clay sold thousands if not millions more albums that reuben.

Well I also heard that so many people tried to vote for Clay, that it jammed the phone line. Don't know if that's true or not, but it would explain a lot.

I diden't think about that. That makes me wonder how many lines they have for each person now.

They said it was a lot for each person, like 33 phone lines each or something like that, maybe it was higher than that. Can't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Carowinds 73-03
    I agree. It's kinda hard the think the show wasen't fixed when Clay sold thousands if not millions more albums that reuben.
    Nothing against AI, but there's a difference between playing their game, and actually selling your product on a business market.

What are you talking about? You lost me. Playing what game?

Getting back to the show...

Tonight!

What happened!!??!!

This group was awful.

I voted for #5 and #1. (The girl that was kind of a little overweight, and the football player). The girl was the best tonight of any IMO. I didn't care for the girl from Hawaii. The rest pretty much stunk. :kraken:
    Last edited by Wes; 02-17-2004 at 09:36 PM.

The top 12 are set and the real fun begins. Out of the 12 who is your fav? I'm torn between Fantasia (just b/c she's from NC) & The john peter guy who dod the elvis song last week. Ok discuss.

I liked:

Fantasia
    The football guy that played in the RoseBowl, can't remember his name
    The girl that sang last in the 3rd group, can't remember her name. Kind of looks like Fantasia a little bit

Didn't like

John Peter. How in the world did America pick him!!!??!!! The only time I liked him singing was his initial singing before Simon and Randy

The rest are just ok. I haven't seen but about 2 or 3 of the 12 that look like future stars.

Me either. This years group in now way compares to last years where last year the final 5-8 were very good and could very likely get contracts. This year is going to be tough since the talent isen't that great. I'm sure i will get a good idea who will win once they get down to the final 5 or 6.

this show is dumb and the singers arnt even very good!

I agree, The show is ok but it's not the best. I kinda like it. The singers this year are not near as good as last years.
    Last edited by Carowinds 73-03; 03-17-2004 at 12:00 AM.

IMO... LaToyah London's song in Round 3 was better than pretty much anything I've ever heard from Clay or Ruben. If she can do that each week and even improve... wow, that'd be good...

I like this year's top 12 more than last year... but then again, I'm following it more closely now than season two.
    "Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.... now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." -Ecclesiastes 2:11, 12:13
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant (followed by Texas Cyclone) | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan (followed by Wildfire)

The last few weeks I have seen Idol for the first time. I must say, it is better than Survivor, and the way Simon cracks on some of them is even better. Its not something I would choose to watch, but on Tuesday nights, there really aren't anything to watch.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Ok well I havn't been following the show in a while and unless this last show was a rerun then this round is officially over.

I thought Jasmine and the last girl were the best I've seen. Jasmine was beyond amazing. I loved her voice and the soing she chose. She will definitly go through.

Wow.... best episode ever, best top 12. Easily.

My personal favorite is Jennifer Hudson, but so there were so many good ones tonight! LaToya, Fantasia, Jennifer, Jasmine, and Dianna were all the best...

Camille & Leah were the worst... but I don't really care who goes. Camille probably has more potential, but Leah looks better and has a bit more personality.
    "Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.... now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." -Ecclesiastes 2:11, 12:13
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant (followed by Texas Cyclone) | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan (followed by Wildfire)

I forgot about Lotoya. She was really good too. I didn't like Fantasia too much, I hate her attitude but she does have a good voice. Some of the others are definitly better though.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast