Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    Man all i have to say is where did these 12 people hide their voices all through auditions. I mean 2-3 of them were pretty good but i though the rest were not. After seeing tonight i would agree that this so far would be the best 12 i have seen. I have never heard simon give so many great/awsome remarks. I was totally blown away tonight.

Yea I don't think I've ever seen Simon give so many positive remarks either. I was, like you were, blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by Carowinds 73-03
    The singers this year are not near as good as last years.

Sorry i just had to quote myself. I retract that pervious statement. I said it before i watched the show tonight.

I was really surprised last night. This is by far the best 12. It didn't look that way going into this week though.

I liked the first girl, Fantasia, and the girl from Hawaii with the flower in her hair ( I can't remember names) and the very last girl as well.

I don't see why people are liking John (the pen salemen) lol I just really don't care for his voice. He doesn't pronounce his words either, kind of mumbles them IMO.

I also liked George that sang sitting on the dock of the bay. He started out, and I was like wow! He sounds almost exactly like Otis Redding!
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

You know I downloaded the whole show from last nite and I watched it again. Matt wasn't too bad either. He picked a really hard song and he pulled it off.

I'd post it or something but it is about 200mb.

So post your picks here of who you think should be voted off tonight. I'm going with the girl who simon told to pack her bags. I can't remeber names either.

Strata Poster
    Her name was Leah.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Yeah thats it. Thanks. She will be outed tonight.

Banned
    Leah will probably get the boot, but stranger things have happened---scooter girl got the boot.

Yea I'm still in shock that she got booted. Maybe this whole thing is rigged and they had to get rid of some good people to make room for some bad people. Bad people=rude remarks from simon, which = higher ratings.

Wow, I can't believe Jennifer got tossed. This show ceases to shock me.

Well i think we all saw that one coming. Say goodbye to leah. I wasen't really shocked to see the bottom 3. Those were the ones that i picked to go in the first 3 weeks.

Jennifer Hudson was in the bottom 3, but she didn't get tossed. It was Leah Labelle

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Really? Crap what the hell is the matter with me!? lol I must be loosing it.

Ok, Who does everyone think is going to be voted off tonight. It's hard for me since most of then were really bad last night unlike the first night but then again not everyone can sing country. The last girl with pink hair totally rocked out on the Dixie Chicks sone. She was awsome.

Banned
    I'm glad what's his name got the boot tonight. I was sick of looking at him and that stupid hat he always wore. Hopefully the pink-haired girl will go next.

oh i know and he was so rude all the time like he was really full of himself.

I didn't think he was rude. I just think he was your "typical" football player. Think 2nd and talk 1st kind of mentality. Not that all football players are that way, but I've seen it before.

I liked his voice somewhat, but he wasn't that strong a singer on stage. I think the pink haired girl might go next week.

I wasen't suprised to see him go last night. I though his time was coming soon, just not that soon.

My music pastor brought up a good point when I was talking to him yesterday though. AI does the tour after the season is over, and they only take the Top 10 people. So Matt won't be on the tour, and that girl that killed her song (that should have gone this week IMO) will be going. Which is going to be terrible for those that see the tour, unless she actually gets better. I can't believe she's made it this far.

Banned
    ^ Which girl who killed her song? A couple of girls haven't been very good lately, IMO.

The one that sang Desperado.

I think she is next to go. I'm also suprised she's still on the show.

^ Her name is Camille Velasco, and she deserves to leave next.

After she's gone, things get pretty interesting. Amy Adams and Jennifer Hudson (one of my personal faves) seem to be near the bottom (although they're excellent). Then you've got that "middle ground" with everyone else... except for that 'upper tier' with Fantasia and Latoya.

Good season... good season.
    "Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.... now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." -Ecclesiastes 2:11, 12:13
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant (followed by Texas Cyclone) | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan (followed by Wildfire)

Banned
    Amy Adams got this boot this time. That's fine with me. I couldn't stand looking at her hair for much longer. I'm also sick of seeing that smiling George guy and hope he goes soon.

Prediction: Next to get the boot will be the red-haired guy---can't remember his name.

Fantasia and the flower in the hair girl will be the final two. Fantasia should win. If she doesn't, she'll at least have a record contract. She is the only one in my opinion that stands out...maybe it's her huge mouth.
    "Back to the 602; It's a 105 in the shade and I'm sippin' on a lemonade. Phoenix, Arizona puts the heat up on ya; I should warn ya the girls is fine as California." - Sir Mix Alot
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

I agree Fantasia will get a record contract no matter what happens. I can't believe that Camile is still in it. She was good in the tryouts, but hasn't sang on key the last 3 weeks!

John, or whatever the redheaded guys name is, will probably go next. If people are still voting for Camile (and I don't know why) then they will probably vote John off, then Camile. Almost all the remaining after those two are voted off are good singers. It will be hard to tell who will survive each week.

Good night tonight on AI3! It was Elton John songs night, and everyone either sank or swam...

How I rank tonight's performances:

1) Latoya London- very, very good performance tonight... excellent job LtL! She has a Whitney Houston-esque star quality about her...

2) Jennifer Hudson- now, she's been in the bottom three each week, but her "Circle of Life" tonight was outstanding! I'm voting for her...

3) George Huff- how can't you like this guy? He's really improved so much... it's a joy to watch him... he might win the whole thing.

4) Fantasia Barrino- she's been good week in & week out, but this week was one of her weaker showings... still very good though...

5) Diana Degarmo- she's great, as always... she's just so young (16)... she's got a power-voice in the making... just keep improving...

6) Jasmine Trias- she was a little pitchy, but Paula gave her great advice (grow during your performance)... she'll be around for a while...

7) John Peter Lewis- um... okay... good... he does have an awesome voice somewhere inside him, but he needs to find it...

8) Camille Velasco- I like Camille, but she's just not up to par with the rest... I can see her being more of a success as a jazz/R&B singer...

9) John Stevens- boy, he just doesn't fit in anymore... America, don't vote for him. Wait for Sinatra/1940s Idol... besides, he's only 16 so he'll have room to grow...

I wish John Stevens would leave next, but he does have a large fan base... hopefully he and Camille will be the ones to go in the next two weeks.
    "Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.... now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." -Ecclesiastes 2:11, 12:13
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant (followed by Texas Cyclone) | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan (followed by Wildfire)

Most of them sank last night IMO.

Latoya London, Jennifer Hudson, George Huff, Fantasia Barrino were all great. I voted for Fantasia and Jennifer

Camille needs to go! Diana is not one of my favorites either. She's been pitchy too many times for it to be coincidence.

Also, I don't know why people like JPLewis so much. I can't stand his voice, and please don't dance anymore JPL!!!

I normally don't vote, but I voted about five times for Jennifer and Latoyah... sure, not very much out of 20 million, but I have been counted...

I really, really hope John Stevens will be sent home. It's become painful to watch him... I think Camille needs to stay, just because I'm thinking she hasn't 'come out of her shell' yet.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast