Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: General Console Talk

Quote Originally Posted by slipknot8527
    Agreed that SNES was the greatest console of all time....best lineup of games ever.
    Amen! Two of my favorite games ever were on that console. Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III (or 6 depending on which part of the world).
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express

Zoom zoom.....
    I never played Chrono Trigger and I hate the FF series...Power Rangers ruled!!! Actually I liked Mario Paint...

Power Ranges dominated. I loved that game too.

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    haha...yes, even the power rangers game was good. I also believe, if I'm not mistaken that SNES had the biggest library of games...or perhaps it was the PS1...Tim, do you know?
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

haha...yes, even the power rangers game was good. I also believe, if I'm not mistaken that SNES had the biggest library of games...or perhaps it was the PS1...Tim, do you know?

The PS1 has far and away the most games available. Here is the list:

PS1 - 1224 Games
    SNES - 835 Games
    NES - 798 Games
    Genesis - 746 Games
    PS2 - 676 Games
    GameBoy - 612 Games
    GameBoy Advance - 594 Games
    GameCube - 403 Games
    Xbox - 374 Games
    GameBoy Color - 294 Games
    Nintendo 64 - 287 Games
    Dreamcast - 270 Games
    Virtual Boy - 14 Games

Yea PS1 has an insane number of games. Did they stop making PS1 games yet? I know even after PS2 launched they still came out with new ones.

Tim, you forgot about the Atari 2600 when listing the number of games each company made. Even if half of them were exactly the same as each other.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Worlds of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman Knight Flight

Quote Originally Posted by darque
    Tim, you forgot about the Atari 2600 when listing the number of games each company made. Even if half of them were exactly the same as each other.
    I also didn't list the Sega Game Gear, Master System, Sega CD, 32X and Saturn. Primarily because I couldn't find solid numbers for those systems.

And where's the Atari Jaguar, Neo-Geo, and 3D0? Classic game systems that never really got off the ground. Ahh, the good old days.

Ohh! And what about Caleco? Where's the number? Huh?

K, I'm done now.

I never really played much snes... in fact 95% of the snes gaming i've done wasn;t on the console... it was on an emulator. I love Mario World, Uniracers, Mario Kart, Contra III, Donkey Kong Country and Super Metroid... that's about all I've played.
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Strata Poster
    Genensis all the way, Nintendo sucks!

I loved my Sega Genensis, I never even thought about getting an SNES.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

I guess this is console talk: Check out the new Halo 2 skins for your XBOX!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=20385
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Quote Originally Posted by coasterphil
    Genensis all the way, Nintendo sucks!

I loved my Sega Genensis, I never even thought about getting an SNES.

The correct way to phrase this is :

Sega does what Nintendon't

Zoom zoom.....
    Well that was whitty and new...way to go Timmy boy!!! Ok I'll stop saying that now...

I guess this is console talk: Check out the new Halo 2 skins for your XBOX!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=20385
    Wow those are pretty cool. I think I might just place a bid for those.

Strata Poster
    Those skins are pretty cool, but I wouldn't screw around with my Xbox.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

um, you just stick em on...like stickers.....
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Strata Poster
    I know, but you could still screw it up. If you don't place it right it'll look like crap.

It says you can remove them without damaging the Xbox so if you happen to screw up then just do it over again

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L
    Were you alive in the early 90's?

All there was, was Nintendo SNES. The SNES is the best console, ever. I don't care about all this LANing, Hard Drives, or Online Play, playing a fun and addicting game is what I'm all about. The SNES has so many good games. Listing them would take a enternity. Back then, there was no Microsoft or Sony, just Sega. The Genesis was proabobly one of Segas better consoles up there with the Dreamcast.

Nintendo literally created video gaming, I have absolutley no idea why you would say that. Think of it this way: Nintendo sticks to what they know best, good, classic, fun games. Which is what I think IS the best.
    Where did I say Nintendo made bad consoles?
    Last edited by Dukeis#1; 02-15-2004 at 02:06 AM.
    It's Homespun Fun!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead (Dollywood) | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist, BGW

The word, from Nintendos ex president, is that Nintendo will not release a next generation console...but rather an extension of the gamecube....

whatever that means.....
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Zoom zoom.....
    That sounds...interesting...Hopefully it's not a flop like the Genesis' 32X "extension" that didn't really do much for it...

Ok, I've got tons of game news straight from the blockbuster computer and such...

First, release dates:

The Suffering: March 12th
    Splinter Cell: Pandoras Tomorrow: March 19th
    Pikmin 2: April 4th

GT4 is slated for a late summer release, with over 500 cars confirmed, and close to 700 RUMORED.

GTA 4 is throwing around two titles. GTA4: San Andreas...and GTA4: Sin City.

Silent Hill has an official title out: Silent Hill 4: The Room

Onimusha 3 is shaping up for a fall release.

"Neo Contra" is the next Contra game, and will be in 3d...they promise just as much panic gaming as the 2-D ones.

And one last thing....Everything of Nothing is the best Bond game yet....better than Goldeneye..

GET IT NOW!
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Strata Poster
    I played a demo of it, and I thought it sucked. The control was absolutely horrid, but it must have improved.

I have read in both Gamespot and IGN that it completely surpasses Goldeneye. I won't believe it until I play it.

Believe it....not only is it the all time best bond game, its one of the best games I've played in awhile PERIOD. ANd Coasterphil, you obviously didnt play it....because the controls are genius....
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Wow coming from you Slipknot, that means this game must be pretty damn good.

The 3rd person controls are seamless and it has the best targetting system yet. You hold the L trigger (on XBOX) to target an enemy, but THEN you can also move a little red dot in the middle of the target with the right thumb stick to go for head shots and stuff.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

I have Everything or Nothing for Gamecube and it is pretty sweet. The only thing I will say against it is that the 4 person multiplayer sucks. One of the main reason's Goldeneye rocked so much was the 4 player DeathMatch style. I friggin loved that. I actually won a tournament once as the best Bond player at NDSU. Anyways, the 4 player on EON where you're just in a room with no split screens is pretty bunk. I gotta say though, that's my only complaint. It's almost erased by the fact that you have the cooperative missions though.

Believe it....not only is it the all time best bond game, its one of the best games I've played in awhile PERIOD. ANd Coasterphil, you obviously didnt play it....because the controls are genius....
    Hmm..I'll have to nab it for my PC sometime soon. If you ask me, it seems a little iffy. The latest Bond games have really sucked. Agent Under Fire, and Nightfire? Give me a break. I really hope this one doesn't suck.
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast