Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: General Console Talk

Well the gamesites brought up the question you did Kyle, and they answered it. They say it is better then every James Bond game, to date. I've got Slip saying it is an amazing game and he is a tough critic and these gamesites all gave it high 8's so that's good enough for me. I dunno bout you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastr Crazy 72
    Well the gamesites brought up the question you did Kyle, and they answered it. They say it is better then every James Bond game, to date. I've got Slip saying it is an amazing game and he is a tough critic and these gamesites all gave it high 8's so that's good enough for me. I dunno bout you though.
    I allways felt that Bond games were rather generic. I think the only reason we all raved about Goldeneye was because it was one of the first good graphical 3d first person shooters, and one of the first movie themed 3d good graphical games. I really enjoyed it, but I really wouldn't call it the best shooter "ever". Using "ever" is really bad if you ask me, the best game "ever" could be around the corner, of if you use it in advance "Halo 2 is gonna be the best game ever". Just to name a few.

I'll get the demo for PC, or try it for Gamecube (If I ever BUY my Gamecube).
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    What you must understand, is I too have thought all the bond games like Inghtfire to be incredibly boring. THis one completely revives the series. I am going ahead and giving it a solid 8.5/10.

Seriously, go get this game. You will thank me.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L
    I allways felt that Bond games were rather generic. I think the only reason we all raved about Goldeneye was because it was one of the first good graphical 3d first person shooters, and one of the first movie themed 3d good graphical games. I really enjoyed it, but I really wouldn't call it the best shooter "ever". Using "ever" is really bad if you ask me, the best game "ever" could be around the corner, of if you use it in advance "Halo 2 is gonna be the best game ever". Just to name a few.

I'll get the demo for PC, or try it for Gamecube (If I ever BUY my Gamecube).
    Yea I think you are right about the goldeneye thing. I will never know why I thought it was the greatest game. But then again look at the Super Mario games, if those came out last year we would think "are these guys kidding" (and it was the introduction to Mario Bros). Goldeneye It's considered a classic in my book, so I dunno. I see what you mean though.

Strata Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknot8527
    Believe it....not only is it the all time best bond game, its one of the best games I've played in awhile PERIOD. ANd Coasterphil, you obviously didnt play it....because the controls are genius....
    I did play a demo of it. The camera sucked, and you couldn't target any of the enemies with a good amount of accuracy.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

The camera has complete 360 degree control...and you can target any enemy that the camera is looking at.....
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Strata Poster
    I'll give it another shot then.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

the way the targeting works is, if you are looking at a guy, you will target him...if the camera doesnt have the enemy in sight, you turn the camera with the right thumb stick, and it will target him.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Slipknot, you still haven't addressed my complaint about the 4 person multi-player sucking so much. That is the only thing that is inferior to the N64 Goldeneye game. Other than that, I agree that the 1 and 2 player modes kick butt.
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express

sorry....Well, the way I see it is, Bond multiplayer has always been incredible...even NightFire and Agent Under Fires were awesome.....the work Bond games needed was one player, and this one delivers. And plus, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but the Co-op mode has missions that are completely seperate from the single player ones.....so, yeah, the multi is lacking, but go play all the ohter bond games for that.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

sorry....Well, the way I see it is, Bond multiplayer has always been incredible...even NightFire and Agent Under Fires were awesome.....the work Bond games needed was one player, and this one delivers. And plus, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but the Co-op mode has missions that are completely seperate from the single player ones.....so, yeah, the multi is lacking, but go play all the ohter bond games for that.
    Agent Under Fire multiplayer was really bad, same with Nightfire. At least Nightfire finally got bots, but Agent didn't, so that was really wierd. Also, the weapons in Nightfire were "craptastic" to say the least. It was really bad if you ask me.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L
    Agent Under Fire multiplayer was really bad, same with Nightfire. At least Nightfire finally got bots, but Agent didn't, so that was really wierd. Also, the weapons in Nightfire were "craptastic" to say the least. It was really bad if you ask me.
    I have to disagree. I actually liked Nitefire multiplayer a lot. Sometimes me and my friends decided to play that instead of Halo mutliplayer (I'm not saying it is better, I am saying that it was definitly one of our fav multiplayer games). The guns were ok, nothign realistic but nothing extraordinary either.

Yes, Kyle, the mutiplayer on both games were incredible. Very fast paced and had fun modes like "top agent" and even that mode where one team tried to snipe an old man getting off a train, and the other team had to snipe the team trying to snipe the old man. And BOTH games had bots. That is a fact. Oh, and you could have jet packs...man, they were a blast.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Strata Poster
    Nightfire was great for multiplayer. My friends and I played it all the time.

Guess what...the next EA Game is a direct sequel to the acclaimed Goldeneye!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/j...s_6090269.html
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Wow this fall. A little soon don't you think? The story sounds great but I am having doubts as to how good this game will be.

BTW still havn't tried EON

Well, I just beat EON and it was awesome! I look forward to going back and getting all the golds and such. Anyways, I truly look forward to Goldeneye II as well. I gotta imagine that they're doing the evil thing since Pierce has said he's done being Bond. We'll have to see.
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express

Strata Poster
    I just hope they don't rest on the fact that you get to finally be an enemy, and then make the game crappy.

Well, the most interesting thing will be to see if they stick with this new 3rd person, or go back to first person......it's far too early to have an opinion on this game...
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

I hope it is first person, but I am saying this prior to playing EON so..

Strata Poster
    I also am hoping for first person, I just don't like 3rd person games.

Actually what would be interesting is if they somehow did like both 1st person and 3rd person. I doubt they will even think about doing something like that but that would be kind of cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastr Crazy 72
    Actually what would be interesting is if they somehow did like both 1st person and 3rd person. I doubt they will even think about doing something like that but that would be kind of cool.
    They could very easily do something like that. It would probably implemented in a similar fashion to Metal Gear Solid 2. Third person play, but first person aiming.

Zoom zoom.....
    Resident Evil Dead Aim had 3rd person running and first person shooting. It was effective and I liked it over complete 3rd person. I don't think a 3rd/1st person shooter would do well in a Bond type game. There's too much going on to have to switch back and forth...

Now THIS friends, is the future of gaming.....a brand new console which is basically a PC.....

click and gawk:

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1489500,00.asp
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Now THIS friends, is the future of gaming.....a brand new console which is basically a PC.....

click and gawk:

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1489500,00.asp
    I saw that in a magazine.

My conclusion:

*Not a good console*

IT ISN'T a console, it's a PC. Why buy that thing? Get a gamer PC, build it yourself or have someone build it for you. It's better than that thing.

WHy buy it? Everything you need is in that one box for 300 bucks.....it can play any game and you can instantly download it straight to your console......10 bucks a month for broadband connection....

its a third the price of a pC and ti comes with wireless mouse and keyboard.

but yah, why buy it....
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

WHy buy it? Everything you need is in that one box for 300 bucks.....it can play any game and you can instantly download it straight to your console......10 bucks a month for broadband connection....

its a third the price of a pC and ti comes with wireless mouse and keyboard.

but yah, why buy it....
    I completely agree, as of now.

I didn't have time to read the full article, just the specs of the system. Can someone give me a short summary of what the article says? Thanks!

Giga Poster
    Do you know where I could find skins for my PS2?

Strata Poster
    I still don't believe that it will actually be released.

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast