Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: General Console Talk

Quote Originally Posted by slipknot8527
    WHy buy it? Everything you need is in that one box for 300 bucks.....it can play any game and you can instantly download it straight to your console......10 bucks a month for broadband connection....

its a third the price of a pC and ti comes with wireless mouse and keyboard.

but yah, why buy it....
    Actually it's neither. It's not a console or a PC?

Why buy it? Seriously, why would you? It has really weak specs, and it doesn't serve much of a pourpose. You compare the price to a PC, but to tell you the truth, the PC has far broader compatabilities with close to everything. It may only be 300 bucks, but it's not really that great. You can't upgrade it, you can't really run a partition or mess around with the bios, it costs an extra 10 bucks for broadband.

Sure only 300 bucks, but you're extremely limited to what you can do. It's basically a souped up Xbox.
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L

Sure only 300 bucks, but you're extremely limited to what you can do. It's basically a souped up Xbox.
    Well I love Xbox so bring on the PC/Console/whatever they wanna call it.

Giga Poster

Ps2

I just read a news article that says Sony plans on the PS2's sales grossing good money until 2010. I do not agree because once the next generation game machines come out no one will buy the PS2. What do you think?

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=4665246

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    untrue. As soon as the new systems come out, everyone will be selling their PS2s (or a majority of the public) to trade stores, where people who couldn't afford one initially, can then buy it for an even 100 bucks or probaly less.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Strata Poster
    I don't get why people trade their stuff in, you only end up getting like $30 total for the stuff you spent like $1,500 on to buy it new.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Quote Originally Posted by coasterphil
    I don't get why people trade their stuff in, you only end up getting like $30 total for the stuff you spent like $1,500 on to buy it new.
    $1500? Where did you get a number like that? I only spent like 300 for my PS2 (when it first came out).

Anyone get the new Splinter Cell game? I heard it is incredible.

Strata Poster
    Yeah, but I'm including the games with it. I spent 1,200 for my Sega Genisis and all the games for it when I bought them new, but when I traded the stuff in I got $25 for it.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Yeah, but I'm including the games with it. I spent 1,200 for my Sega Genisis and all the games for it when I bought them new, but when I traded the stuff in I got $25 for it.
    Oh ok. Wow you bought a lot of games didn't you. I can't remember the prices but were they 50 for each game?

Strata Poster
    I think they were 40 a game if I remember it correctly. Plus I tried to trade in 25 PS1 games a few weeks ago, and they were going to give me $18 for them.

You think that's bad? Wait til college when you purchase $300 worth of books and get $25 back at the end of the semester.

I was thinking of trading my old PS in, along with all its games, but the most I could have gotten was about $20. I figure that the PS will be a nice "donation" to my parent's house so that I can have something to do when home.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

I stopped trading in games. But I have really slowed down buying games a lot anyway. I have to question myself why.

All the recent games I've bought for my PC are top notch games. Since the beggining of this year, I've only bought Sim City 4 and Unreal Tournament 2004 SE. (I'm selling my mistake copy).

I never trade in my games anymore. You don't get jack, so I try and sell it to friends or on E-Bay. I need to get around to selling my PS2 so I can afford that ATi 9800 Pro. I NEVER play it anymore.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Strata Poster
    Yeah, I've decided to start selling them on Ebay. You can get like $5 a game for them so it can add up pretty quickly.

*This just in*

Trade in value for Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (Great Game) is 50 cents.
    Yes 50 Cents.

Strata Poster
    See, that is what I'm talking about. That is just ridiculous, there is no reason a game that good should be worth so little.

I work at the Game Rush in Blockbuster and we give 12 dollars even for GT:3.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Strata Poster
    I should make a trip to your store and unload all my stuff slipknot.

that you should....we give insane amounts of money for games....I traded in Need for Speed Underground and James Bond EON and got 80 bucks for the two...and since I traded in a game, I got 10 bucks off a brand new game.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

You unloaded EON? Why for? You were just raving about it a couple weeks ago. Granted I beat the game relatively fast, but I've only got about 1/3 of the Platinum medals. Just curious why you got rid of it so quick.
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express

Strata Poster
    That is insane, slipknot. Why aren't you being flooded with games?

its a great game, just no replay value...

and Phil, we ARE being flooded...which is a problem...this is Game Rush is becoming much bigger than anyone imagined. Pur store was rezoned so that all the game rush stores are in one district and under one boss to keep up with all of it.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Giga Poster
    Does every blockbuster have game rush?

Strata Poster
    No, only certain stores have it.

I rented NFSU and you guys rated it wasy too high. The races get far too repititive extremely quickly, and it takes to long to unlock even the simplest things for your car.

Giga Poster
    Could you please tell me which stores have it in the Gwinnett area?

errrr, I could get you a complete listing.....it would probaly be easier to go to Gamerush.com....

also, all stores that have it, have a giant ugly orange banner outside that says Game Rush.

btw, it is heavily, heavily rumored that one of the screens for Nintendos DS will be the controller....as in touch screen! Interesting.....
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

That's not a rumor. That's a fact. There will be a regular control setup like the GBA SP, and then one of the 2 screens will be touch sensitive.

Strata Poster
    I am really curious to see how that works out.

Tim, I heard that, what I meant was that the heavy rumor is that the screen will BE the controller.....

guess I'll just have to see it for myself soon..........
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

I'd actually like to carry over the Viewtiful Joe 2 Nintendo fanboy talk over here.

I have to admit, I am definitely a Nintendo fanboy. I either currently have, or have had every system in the past, but I always fall back to a Nintendo game on a Nintendo system. I have favorites on each system, but I've been with Nintendo since I got my NES back in 1985, and I'm not about to go back now.

I am too the biggest Nintendo fanboy....but I have to admit, like all good things, that Nintendo needs to change their ways. Online is the future of gaming, whether they deny it or not, and they need to jump on this bandwagon......my two cents is free.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

I'm still not convinced that online gaming IS the way of the future. How do companies make money on the games? On a PC it's easy because the developer doesn't have to pay to run the network that the game is played on. On a console however, they do. The only way I see online working in the future is with a monthly subscription. Sony is happy to offload the network cost on to other developers, but I can't imagine the developers are all that happy about it. Few with the exception of EA can afford to run their own network. Nintendo is surely thinking about all this too, as they are first and foremost profit driven.

That said, Nintendo does run the risk of alienating the online gamer, of which there are many. Connectivity between consoles has obviously failed to attract the necessary fresh ideas from developers, and as such has failed with the gamer too. The easiest implementation -- a newer version of the Sega VMU -- never materialized and I have no idea why. Nintendo has had online networks in the past however, with the NES and the N64. They were Japan only, and the N64 version never really took off, but the NES version was huge.

It will be interesting to see how things turn out in the next generation.

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast