Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: General Console Talk

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    I understand your counterpoint, but the problem with todays video game market is that it has changed so drastically. Games are made to please the majority of people, rather than the monority that grew up playing games all their lifes. Gamers nowadays are looking for quick fix GTA style shoot em up games, rather than long RPG style or even "little kiddy" games like Mario and Zelda. Online gaming is the future because this is what the current market is clammering for.....and Nintendo needs to realize this..... before they get left behind.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I truly hope, though, that they don't drop the classic Mario and Zelda games. Sure the GTA's of the world sell well, but who plays GTA 1 anymore? I just started playing Zelda 1 from NES on the new GC version and it's still a challenge. As much as Nintendo maybe needs to get some of the fad style games, they shouldn't give up their roots in games that sell amazingly well have have stood the test of time. I mean, I was reading in EGM that the real reason some of the testers even played the new Pitfall game was to unlock the original Atari version. I'm telling you, the classics hold up well.
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express

(Goes into childlike dream state) Perhaps someday soon we'll see some online, X-Box live, co-operative RCT3, which will more or less be a glorified online amusement park, then we can all come home and work together after working together at a real amusement park all day...Woo-hoo! (snaps out of it)
    "For your safety, don't do anything unsafe. Clear."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Answer unclear. Ask again later. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Dania Beach Hurricane | Steel Roller Coaster: Great Bear

Nintendo DS Revealed!

It has been revealed! And it looks to be awesome!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05...s_6097113.html

Discuss
    Just to be with you, He's done everything / There's no price He did not pay / Just to be with you, He gave everything / Yes, He gave His life away.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World! How can you compete with free drinks?! | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast at Night! | Steel Roller Coaster: X!

Have you guys seen the screenshots for the new Legend of Zelda? If you haven't, get ready to crap yourself.

Check them out here, here, and here.

For all you cel-shading haters, you're getting your "mature" Link.

As for the Nintendo DS... my interest is certainly higher now than it was, but I have one question for the big N. If the DS is not going to replace the GBA, then why is it "backward" compatible so that it can play GBA games? I'm looking forward to the supposed "better than N64 graphics" though. Can you say wi-fi GoldenEye with 15 other people, minus the multiplayer slowdown that existed on the N64? I sure can.
    Last edited by Tim; 05-11-2004 at 10:49 PM.

I'm not really a fan of Zelda but those pics are pretty intense.

Holy freaking crap! I am totally sure I heard a heavenly chorus of Angels start singing when I opened up those screenshots! And after watching the video I am definately sure that this is going to be one awesome game.
    Just to be with you, He's done everything / There's no price He did not pay / Just to be with you, He gave everything / Yes, He gave His life away.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World! How can you compete with free drinks?! | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast at Night! | Steel Roller Coaster: X!

I hate people. Today i had to listen to four people around me bash gamecube becuase the controller sucks, there are no good games and it is to child-oriented. I just didn't bother.
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Tim, I think they said that so people won't lose thier faith in GBA just yet......

and Ryan, welcome to my world. I work at the Game Rush, all I hear is bashing of t3h_Cube all day long from PS2 fanboys...

no way to talk them any sense.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

The original GameBoy was basically a NES. The GBA is basically a SNES. If the DS is equivalent to a N64, then I'm definitely getting one. Nintendo still says though that they are working on the successor to GBA, since they don't consider that to be the DS. I really think that they should be able to use the GameCube hardware (since it is so small already) in a handheld form. PLEASE tell me that's what you're doing Nintendo. PLEASE!!!

As you prolbaly know, the DS was announced at E3 including the final product....head on over to Nintendo.com for gorgeous shots of Mario 64x4 (working title) which looks to be a port of Mario 64 with 4 player co op, and a brand new Metroid game from the first person perspective........http://www.nintendo.com/e3_2004/ds/index.jsp
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Zoom zoom.....
    I think the PSP will give the DS a run for it's money. Each has it's own unique benefits. PSP is smaller but will have load times. DS is larger but will have dual screens. I actually have no clue which will be better. Right now I'm leaning toward DS because Nintendo has been in handheld gaming since the beginning. We will see.

The PSP is crap. All the magazines have been trashing it.....except for PS2 magazines of course.

The latest news is on the DS launch title Metroid DS.

Apparently, the game will integrate stylis gameplay, meaning you will touch the screen with a special pen to highlight enemies to target, bring up the map, and even turn into a morph ball......wtf? Could the end of controllers be near?
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Until you play the PSP I don't think you can rightfully call it crap. It looks nice. My concerns are, as usual, Sony's hype turning into a much dimmer reality. I remember Sony stating that the PS2 would be able to render Toy Story in real time. Did that turn out to be true? I don't think so.

Within a year I think the PSP will have about a 25% marketshare, and if Nintendo lets them get any bigger than that, it will be all over in a matter of years.

Heres the other problem...

Think of your average Sony fan.....

Is that guy gonna want a portable system?

Correct answer-no.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Strata Poster
    I actually like the look of the PSP, but I still think that the DS will end up being the better portable.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Basically, the PSP can't do half of what the DS can, but it will be twice the price.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

The next XBOX will be called "Xenon."

Everyone can luagh now...
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Most likely thats just the code name for it. Until there is an official Microsoft press release, I'm not buying any of the rumors out there.

I just read through 12 pages of thread to get here. A lot of people seem to forget that it a PS1 is give/take Nintendo's creation. N and sony teamed up together to build a system together. Blah blah blah fast forward a few lawsuit. Sony bought out the rights for the system and finished the race themselves. Sony sued to the core that it didn't even allow Nintendo to build a CD-ROM based console. Hence why the N64 was Cartridge. GC was built after the statue expired.

I was one of the idiots that got the PS2 for $500 (you had to buy it in a package with 3 games) the first few weeks it came out. I got the GC a few months ago. I haven't touched the PS2 for ages and I actually have more games for GC than PS2 already.

about the sony handheld. It won't hold up well. N-Gage, Neo Geo pocket, sega Noman/gamegear, lynx..... Nintendo OWNS the handheld market and will always. I dont have facts, but they know what they are doing in that department.
    escape
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Zoom zoom.....
    Why did you bring up NGage at all?

haha......new news about the GBA SP.....apparently the sequel of sorts to the game boy camera:

Videophone connection will be used through the Game Boy Advace.
    Friday, July 9 2004 - Digital Act announced that it will be releasing a new add on to the Japanese Game Boy Advance titled the Cam-Pho Advance on July 30. The product will use a larger gaming catridge that comes with with an internal microcamera and analog modem, this turns the Game Boy Advance into a videophone. When the videophone is connected the screen will display the user and the person the user on the other side of the connection. You simply talk into the a speaker headphone that connects to the cartridge to communicate. The product will use the GBA's cross pad and buttons will be used to dial phone numbers and adjust the settings of the device. The device will operate on its own AC adapter. The unit costs about one fifth of the price as other videophones in Japan (Roughly 175 US dollers), but only 10,000 will be released through Digital Acts website.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknot8527

That sounds too close to Intel's Processor, "Xeon".
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Quote Originally Posted by slipknot8527

I'd like to see your source on that. A lot of things have stupid code names. Anyone remember "Dolphin"?
    My signature is so cool!!!

Zoom zoom.....
    Who here thinks Burnout 3 will be an awesome game? I saw a video at GameSpot and it looks insane.

Get Halo 2 and San Andreas

TooTired.....Dolphin was the codename of the Gamecube used BY Nintendo. It was uber official, just like the Nintendo 64 was to be called Ultra 64....and much like the next generation Nintendo console is codenamed: The Revolution.

Anyway, wanted to report for all the doubters of Halo 2s release date, that in the latest EGM, a Bungie employee has November 9th tattooed on his forearm.....haha.

Also, there were several full page adds with the Nov. 9th date set.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Strata Poster
    I don't want to write real reviews, so I'll put these little blurbs in here.

NCAA Football 2005 kicks way too much ass.

MTV Music Generator 3 is a good game once you figure everything out.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

once you figure everything out....

Thats seems to be the catch phrase...

Me 5 minutes into the game: WTF?

Me 20 minutes into the game: I am DJ SLIPPY!
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Strata Poster
    It took me a while, but I got everything working now. Ripping samples off cds is awesome.

Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast