Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: General Console Talk

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    d00d...shouldnt this be in game reviews?

pwned.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Strata Poster
    I mentioned I didn't want to really write reviews, so I just those short blurbs.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

has any one heard about xbox 2? or whatever its called
    My Coaster Videos
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Did you have something specific in mind? There has been talk about the next Microsoft console for some time now.

and everytime they "talk" stats change.....grrr...

Ive heard it would be called NextBox, or Xenon, it will ditch the hardrive and use flash memory, it will be much smaller and sleeker, and it will be backwards compatible. Thats all I know....
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I doubt that it will be backwards compatibile with current games on the Xbox. The graphics system and the main processor are completely different. The current Xbox uses a NVidia GPU and Intel Pentium III, the next one will use a subset of the ATI Radeon and an IBM PowerPC. The Pentium III is a CISC processor and the PowerPC is a RISC. The next Xbox would either have to include a Pentium III in the system as well as the PowerPC or it would have to emulate the Pentium III, which just isn't going to happen because it wouldn't be nearly fast enough.

Tim, whats different than the PS2 in that aspect? Surely the technology between PS1 and 2 is a huge leap, yet they can maintain backwards compatibility.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Sony included the processor from the PS1 in the PS2. The PS2 doesn't emulate PS1 games, it plays them just like it was a PS1.

Unless Microsoft includes the GPU and CPU from the Xbox in the next unit, it won't be able to play Xbox games.

wow....thats interesting....so its the same as having both systems in the PS2 case?

by that definition alone, I would guess that Microsoft wouldn't include it...

but it just seems like this day and age, they can't afford not to.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

That sounds like something Microsoft would definitely include.

Giga Poster
    I'm going to buy a PSP when it comes out but I was wondering if I should preorder it. I'm hoping they will release enough systems so that you don't have to preorder and still get it on launch day. However, I don't know if I want to take the chance of not being able to get one on launch day.

I've heard rumors that Xenon is going to be release this fall but I have not seen any official news. And I have heard that PS3 and Xenon are going to be at E3 this year.

Just preorder the PSP to be on the safe side if you want it on launch day.
    Forste Runner is up for Downloading
    Check out The Great Escape , a new No Limits track by me
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PKD | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Volcano

its amazing people can't wait to play san andreas on xbox.........the pc version will be far better than any console version. Well worth waiting for. 3ghz and 6600GT is better than 2 Ps/2 put together...... and probably not much less powerful than ps2 when its out.

I got an xbox but mostly just use it as a DVD player.....only splinter cell and MM3 are games i got specifically for it.

Strata Poster
    San Andreas is supposed to be released for Xbox this summer, so I'm waiting for that. The graphics should definitely be improved from the PS2 version. The graphics on that really suck, I don't even know how people can argue that they aren't that bad.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

From what I understand, all 3 of the next generation consoles (Nintendo Revolution, PS3, and XBox 2) will be unveiled at E3, that's known, I just can't find an article at this moment to back it up.

As far as when each of them will be released (taking into consideration all of the numbers I've heard) I think it's safe to say all will be released by the end of the 1st Quarter of 2006. I remember reading an article somewhere that Nintendo plans on releasing between 2005 and 2006. I also remember another article in which the President (or one of the other high-ups) said that Revolution WILL come out before PS3. I think the reasoning behind this is that Nintendo was angry that the PS2 had a year's jump on GameCube.

Storm Runner Poster magnumxl2005's Avatar
    I think it one of my issues of xbn it said something about xbox 2 sometime in 2006. I have had the nintendo ds for a while now and I just wish for some more games to come out for it.
    HAPPY 100 HERSHEY!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Yes well, the issue about not having enough games for DS right now was expected I think. Nintendo really pushed to get it out fast, (announcing it in May and releasing in November). Why? Same reason as the Revolution to PS3, to come out with DS before Sony came out with their PSP.

Yea both systems are great (psp and ds) but which one do you guys and girls think is better?
    HAPPY 100 HERSHEY!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I'm loving my DS right now.....th good thing is, the first wave of titles was rushed, and it shows, so companies are really taking their time to make the games now. I've just been playing around with Pictochat, and playing old GBA games as well.

I have:

Super Mario 64 DS
    Spiderman DS
    XX/YY Feel the Magic
    Ridge Racer DS

Espect the second wave of games to come out on valentines day, starting with Wario Ware Touched.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

I'm preordering a PSP even though it had some problems during the Japan launch. It certainly looks amazing, and looks superior to the DS. I was just at EB yesterday though, and they weren't advertising it at all. No preorders yet... I
    If you've been reading game magazines and seen what some editors have thought of the PSP, you will get as hyped as I pry am.

All i have is the metroid prime hunters demo, spiderman 2 and ridge racer. Ridge racer is the one I liked the most.
    HAPPY 100 HERSHEY!

Montu Man.....have youu played a DS? No, oh, didn't think so......have you played a PSP? No, oh, didn't think so.......we'll see which system is "superior" when it launches in March....because right now, in Japan, the DS is kicking the PSP's overhyped ass.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Giga Poster
    Slipknot are you going to buy a PSP? I own a DS and my favorite game so far is Super Mario 64. However, I am still going to buy a PSP since it will have games that the DS doesn't have. The touch screen is going to make Wario Ware Touched a lot of fun.

Of course I'm going to buy a PSP....but I'm sick of ignorant comments from people who haven't even played the DS. I challenge anyone who holds the DS for 5 minutes to not want one.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Challenge Taken. I played for 6 or 7 min in English the other day. I just do not like the whole concept of the DS. Now I am not very big into handhelds and never really have been. I don't even know if I am going to buy the PSP. But I did not like the way the DS feels. The 2 screen thing, to me, seems un needed. But we will se what happens when the PSP comes out.
    I LOVE ANN COULTER Dont Mess with me, I am an extemporaneous speaker. If you know what that is and what it means, give yourself a cookie. Also I am the only Conservative Libertarian on this site, and proud of it.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PKI | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son Of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: MF

Giga Poster
    I just looked at ebgames web site and PSP starter bundle is going to cost $400. Since I don't want to buy the starter bundle I hope they are going to sell the system by its self also.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/520683.asp
    Last edited by DEJA-VU RULES; 01-27-2005 at 07:05 PM.

Slipknot, your extremely dumb. I've probably played about 6 hours worth on the DS. Mainly Madden, Mario, and Metroid. I've played it a bunch, and if the PSP wasn't coming, I'd go ut and get one this minute. I know the PSP is having launch defects over in Japan right now, but that will be ironed out by the time it gets here. And 400 bucks? I had hear 180-200. If 400 is the case, then I definitely ain't getting one on launch day.

your e-insults hurt my e-feelings.

400 bucks is for the bundle deal...it says yuo get a PSP, a PSP accessory, (though it doesn't state what) and your choice of 3 games. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Giga Poster
    If they will give you a good size memory card for your accessory, I will go with the starter bundle. I hope that ebgames will have a midnight release for the system.

Here's my uneducated take on the the DS and the PSP.

If you want to play the same games you've played for the last 10 years, get the PSP.

If you want to play completely off the wall games where you rub a girls sweater, get the DS.

If you want to play Sony developed games not named Gran Turismo, get therapy and then get the PSP.

If you want to play games where you dance the night away as Mario who appears in a special version of "Every game ever made - starring Mario, so that Nintendo fans will buy it", then get the DS.

If you despise innovation and love being fed what to think is fun, get the PSP.

If you despise conforming and refuse to believe that anything American can be fun, get the DS.

If you can't ever have enough features, even if you'll never use them, get the PSP.

If you love built in chatting and love to leave your greasy finger prints all over things, get the DS.

Me, myself, and I... I've purchased 2 GBA's and the GameBoy player accessory for my GameCube and don't play any of them... so I'll probably get the DS and the PSP. And not play either of them.

Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast