Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: BGW in '05?

Hybrid View

BGW in '05?

Okay now that the BGW preview day has came and went what does everyone think this new experience will be?

Banned
    ^ Sounds like "speculation". Is that what you're seeking? If so, then there's a separate forum for "rumors".

not really speculation more like reactions to the lack of progress that Busch Has made so far
    Time Flies like an arrow, Fruit Flies like a Banana....
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    I always thin with the Busch parks they tend to save up money for about 5-6 years and then build some massive world class coaster instead of just slaping coasters in every 2-3 years. That could be why some on their coasters are some of the worlds best.

^Exactly. Besides, Busch Gardens is not about roller coasters anyway.
    Last edited by Dukeis#1; 03-23-2004 at 07:08 PM.
    It's Homespun Fun!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead (Dollywood) | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist, BGW

They just add them to keep the people coming. That's all. But thanks God they do because with out them, BG would be just like Cypress! And when they do add them, there soooo good!
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

I like the Busch parks, It's really nice to have a few parks still around that deal totally with themeing and makeing you feel like your in another country. The coasters are a plus but there not just any coasters. Their like i said World Class. To many parks nowdays are just slaping in coasters year after year with not even thinking of a bit of themeing. Take SFMM. I'd say another 2-3 coasters and it will really look like some steel/wood structure rather that Theme park but then again SFMM is no theme park, they even say that in their ad's "The Xtreme Park" so i guess themeing is not that important to most people. I for one am very glad to see my home park Carowinds finally starting to get into some really good themeing that started with Carolina Boardwalk then Nickelodeon Central and then Borg. It may not be world class themeing but it suits me just fine.

well I definately agree with that! Without the immersive themeing whats the point of going. Thats one of the things that I think Walt was right on about the crossing of the threshold into the fantasy land at the front gate. I have seen the plans though for that building and it looks like Busch is pulling out all of the stops this time. Hopefully no coasters is the past means an unforgetable ride for the future.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist

well i was talking with a friend and he said a flying coaster is going in oktoberfest, in the old wild maus area, and drachen fire area. If this is true it will be a massive coaster, and maybe some will be inside the 80 foot structure, or maybe that in the entrance. No one knows, its all speculation right now. But my friend got all this info from an emplyee, so this could be true.
    Top 5
    1.Apollo's Chariot
    2.Xcelerator
    3.Ghost Rider
    4.Alpengeist
    5.Space Mountain (Disneyland)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly (PKD) | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

Like I've been saying... Drachen's Revenge is coming!

A flyer with trains like Dueling Dragons would be pretty awesome.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

^Trains like that on a flyer would be awesome!!

If it is a coaster, than this thing is going to be heavily themed!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

That doesnt make a lot of sense. We've known for over a 4 months that the area there was going to be built up for a building. Where would a flying coaster go? Inside? Now thats a interesting concept but the building would have to be huge and the plans filed with JCC were for a building about the same size as the Festhaus. Im not sure even a Six Flags park would be as crazy as to attempt something like that. I'm not sure where your employee friend got his information but he might want to check his sources.

My feeling on this is it's going to be some sort of hybrid coaster/darkride. Along the lines of the Mummy, with a coaster and special effects. I don't see them building a flyer...not yet.

I've got the perfect idea for one too. Put a flyer somewhere in the Ireland area and call it the Banshee. Cool coaster name and pefect fit as far as theming with the Irish Theme is concerned being that is seemingly so important to the Busch Parks.

Well, Cedar Point already tried to name one of there coasters Banshee, but for sensitivity reasons the name was changed to Mantis. They thought that it wouldn't go well with the public after printing the name and meaning of it in the paper.

I think Banshee is a great idea for a coaster theme. They could really play up the scary theming because I believe a Banshee, in Irish Folklore, is an evil spirit that warns of impending death. (Though I could see why a park would be cautious about naming a ride that!)
    It's Homespun Fun!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead (Dollywood) | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist, BGW

Well the GP wouldn't know that (about the death part) anyway. I've said before that that'd be a cool name for a woody.

Maybe something similar to Gwazi, but longer

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

yeah but BGW is never going to put in a woodie, we should be so lucky. but the Irish Folklore would be great and I'm sure they could play it up in a posiitve manner somehow.

Suspended Poster
    Someone seriously needs to explain to me why they wouldnt get a woodie? I mean, i dont disagree im just wondering because ive read it in several threads now.
    Pick it up!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL200

The Main reason is the noise. There is no way that BGW is going to be able to put in a LOUD woodie with the Kingsmill resort so close. Heres a little tidbit for you. Ever sat in the theater in France and wondered why there was a giant wall at the back of the theater and not one at any other out door theater? (Jukebox stage, Italy stage) Word is that it was only there to block the noise from wafting over to Kingsmill. They at one time complained about the noise that comes from the Loch ness...THE LOCH NESS....What did the residents expect when they moved in next to a theme park. Its like moving next to an airport and complaining about the Jet Noise.....really.....

Suspended Poster
    Ahh, I see. Thats too bad, such a beutiful park really could have done something with a great looking woodie.
    Pick it up!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL200

Is it just because noise? They could do something to reduce the noise enough. Also, is there another section of the park where nothing or nobody is around to complain?

Well if it was noise, then they'd have to enclose everything IMO. Sound travels wherever it can go. If you block it with a wall, it will go up, or around the wall.

Sound travels in "waves" (sound waves lol) as such, I think they'd have to wall in the whole theatre, or even enclose it to prevent the residents from hearing it.

I do know that King's Mill is an exclusive neighborhood, and I'm with you erdraven, if you build next to an amusement park, you have to live with the "noise".

Of course as an enthusiast, I would love to live next door to a park as great as BGW (check out my name) lol. And most houses you couldn't hear anything inside anyway.

But that's the rich for you, always wanting everything their way lol

Watch out it's the rich kids coming to beat me up!!! Run Away! Run Away! (a la Killer Rabbit). lol
    Last edited by Wes; 04-21-2004 at 06:12 AM.

For real man...I went to just look at those Kingsmill homes to drool, and there was a gate with a security guard! Anyways, you say the coaster would have to be enclosed...why do you think they're making this building? Lol I dunno...
    "She's waiting for a prince in shining armor, and I don't even know how to put armor on."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Loch Ness Monster

Not the coasters, the shows/theatres. Hope that makes more sense.

Wooden Poster
    Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a fantastic park. Their roller coasters are amazing. I just can't seem to get bored with them no matter how many times I've ridden them. I went to Coaster Con 26 this past summer, and rode the coasters plenty of times and didn't find myself bored. Sick, yes, but not bored.

I would love to see BGW add a new coaster, especially since I'll be attending Christopher Newport University, which is less than 30 minutes away in Newport News.

I'm not sure what I'd expect BGW to add. A Flyer seems possible or a floorless. If I had to guess, I think floorless. I'm looking forward to seeing what their 2005 plans are. It is about time for something to come, it'll be 6 years without a new ride since Apollo's Chariot if they don't add something.
    WDW CP - Spring & Fall 2006 - Entertainment Performer
    WDWCP Alumni - Spring 2005 - Living Seas/Soarin'
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulderdash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

I feel the same way. People say they get bored at that park because they don't have enough coasters, but the fact is that the coasters that they have are one of the best of it's kind, that it makes up for it. I could care less what they get next year, if anything. Sure, it would be awesome to add another coaster, but what they have now suits me just fine. Now if it was my home park, it would be different.

^ Exactly, BGW makes up for the quantity with quality. Also, BGW is a FAMILY park, meaning that unlike Six Flags or even Paramount, they are not catering to thrillseekers the same way. There are thrill rides, which are there for the teens and other coaster lovers, but BGW is just as much about the shops and the shows and the food as the coasters. That's why they would take a year (or five) off between coasters to add themeing, and restaurants, and new shows rather than a coaster a year. Besides, BGW draws HUGE crowds without a new coaster...why spend the millions building a ride if you don't have to (especially in an economy where people were spending less on entertainment).

If anything i would see a floorless. I think the flyer craze is about over unless B&M or Vekome add some major new elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Carowinds 73-03
    If anything i would see a floorless. I think the flyer craze is about over unless B&M or Vekome add some major new elements.
    Tell that to the members of the GP standing in long lines to ride them...

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast