Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: BGW in '05?

maybe...I would lovce to see a new coaster at BGW, I love all four of thier coasters, so if it IS a coaster, then I'm sure it will be a top notch one
    :-p
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk & Kraken

I don't think BG like to do shoot em ups

Quote Originally Posted by meowcoaster1
    I don't think BG like to do shoot em ups
    I agree its not really Busch's style to add a shoot em up and plus PKD put one in this year and it has never been BGW's style to copy the competition. As far as rumours go about the DF station being used, I wonder if they even removed the halloween maze from there. Maybe that is the permanent fixture there now.
    Time Flies like an arrow, Fruit Flies like a Banana....
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    It will be a sight to see if it's a coaster. I always said BG always waits 5 or more years to build awsome quality coaters instead of throwing coasters in every year or 2-3 years. BG goes for quality not quanity.

Minetrain Poster
    Hey what country is it in again, because they could go for an American Werewolf in London type of theme. Just a quick thought.

Did reasearch and found this:

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Loses Wild Maus, Gains New Ride?

By Jon S.
    Posted via 68.10.108.107 on November 24, 2003 at 11:50 PM (MST)
    (The following comments reflect the views of their authors, and not necessarily those of Theme Park Insider or the other contributors on this page.)

On Friday November 21, 2003, the Daily Press (local paper in BGW area) published a report that said Wild Maus will be heading south to BGT. But that BGW will be adding "a ride experience" in 2004 in the Octoberfest area of Germany. The application BGW filled with the county said that it will be 40,000 square feet and 80 feet tall.

MODERATOR EDIT: Use the edit button on the first post to edit your post to avoid double posts. Thanks!
    Last edited by BryanWood; 06-29-2004 at 06:33 PM.
    2006 OSU Basketball National Champions
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force, TTD

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Loses Wild Maus, Gains New Ride? Old News.....and it is between Oktoberfest and Rhinefeld. (Germany) American Werewolf in london? Que? Intriguing thought but I seriously doubt it. does everyone think that its a werewolf theme? 2 wolf themed rides in the same country seems highly unlikely.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist

Well PKI got Son of Beast, so it could happen.

The terror continues: Wolf's Baine - The Dark Side. lol

And another thing that might make that possible, 1984, 2004 see any coincidence? 20 years since BBW opened.

Might happen... But I doubt it.

My money is on something to do with Drachenfire. But I really have no idea.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Minetrain Poster
    Does the 40,000 feet cross out a coaster?
    2006 OSU Basketball National Champions
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force, TTD

I think it would be cool if they added a a RotM-style indoor coaster. I think that is a possibility.
    It's Homespun Fun!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead (Dollywood) | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist, BGW

went to BG today, steel beams are already going up, look likr this project is on a roll. I h ave a feeling it might be warewolf themed but we have to wait and see.
    Top 5
    1.Apollo's Chariot
    2.Xcelerator
    3.Ghost Rider
    4.Alpengeist
    5.Space Mountain (Disneyland)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly (PKD) | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

Sorry, everyone, I don't think it's a coaster. Remember, they would tell us that it will be a coaster experience. But they said ride experience. Unless...... Maybe a revenge of the mummy with a different theme. Like Transylvania. And don't start telling me that there is no Romania there, I know that, but Germany is the closest thing.

Lightbulb

Robocoaster...I was trying to remember what this was the other day. I think there is a strong possibility that BGW has made a custom attraction using this along with audio-visuals for a unique 4-D experience. A 40,000 sq ft building is needed for an attraction like this to meet rider capacity.

Check out the link:

http://archiv.kuka-roboter.de/roboco...sh/index2.html

That would be cool. I'd like to see something new like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwfreak
    Well PKI got Son of Beast, so it could happen.

And another thing that might make that possible, 1984, 2004 see any coincidence? 20 years since BBW opened.
    But SOB was on the other side of the park...not to mention that it was a "spin off" of the original, not a replication of theme elements. Not saying that it couldn't happen, but I think it is very unlikely.

As for the 20 years issue...The new ride will open in 2005, not 2004.

I am still thinking haunted "twilight zone" type theme. I like the thought of the robocoaster. I wonder how they would build it to avoid a complete capacity nightmare. They would have to put about 30 of those in a building.

Sean
    "Have fun stormin' the castle!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman:Ride of Steel (SFNE)

That robocoaster is freaky looking. Reminds me too much of that thing they had at the start of Spy Kids 2. lol
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

As for the robo coaster, let's assume that it would take 3 minutes to load, ride, and unload. If each "arm" holds 2 people, each one can have 40 pph. to achieve a minnimum of 1000 pph, there would need to be 25 robocoasters. Without looking at height, each robocoaster would sit on 1350 sq. feet of space. for 25 of those, it would need 33,750 sq. feet. That would leave enough room in a 40,000 sq. ft building for lines, waiting areas, and possibly a few "design-your-own-ride" booths. So the ground space would work out pretty well. The problem is that these rides only need 22 vertical feet, which means that there will be an entire upper half of this building with nothing in it. The only way that the building would make sense would be that there are two identical levels for twice the capacity, which is good. So seeing that all of the above situations work out, there are still two more problems to seeing these rides in BGW:
    1. This seems like a very expensive concept.
    2. This has nothing to do with wolves or "the other side".

^^There's something to talk about^^

Good analysis meowcoaster1! Its possible they could use 2 levels with a tall Imax like screen for viewing from both levels or use a 360 degree wrap around screen. Busch parks seem to customize ther rides, therefore its possible the Robocoaster could be equiped with 4 seats (B&M style). As for the wolves, the film could revolve around some adventure through the Black Forest. When the Big Bad Wolf was built in 84, TV commercials showed this person being chased through the forest by a red ghostly like spirit of the wolf.

how do u create an avatar and whut does IMO stand 4?

this robocoaster concept looks awsome that would be cool if they develep these arms on a track and you have you self a new type of dark ride, and you could just line em up like they do in all of disneys darkrides. I hope this concept is true it looks very exciting.
    Top 5
    1.Apollo's Chariot
    2.Xcelerator
    3.Ghost Rider
    4.Alpengeist
    5.Space Mountain (Disneyland)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly (PKD) | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

I don't think a Robocoaster is going to be an option. Granted it would be a great investment, I just don't see BGW doing it if IOA didn't...(yet). I had a chance to ride the one they had set up at IAAPA in Orlando last year, lemme tell ya....it is one heck of a ride! Very fluid movement and able to recreate any movement a coaster can make!

Josh
    See You On The Rails!
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: Dania Beach Hurricane | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken

If you look at the robo website, there is a brochure on the website that shows a track setup.

http://archiv.kuka-roboter.de/robocoaster/Banners.pdf

Check out this pdf banner. Page 2 shows an interactive setup with a dome for projecting video and a Tower System! I've been trying to make out that image. Does the robo move up and down the tower? Do you slide down a twisty slide after the ride?

80 ft...A tower system with 4-D in a dome theater would be the ultimate simulator. Is this what BGW has up their sleeves?

does anyone else think that this ride may have nothing to do (or very little to do) with werewolves?

could the werewolves merely be on the teaser sign to represent the already standing Big Bad Wolf?

perhaps the new sign represents the wolves from the theming of the BBW looking up at the myserious golden circle that will be the central focus of the 2005 ride...

just a thought

Yea, I mentioned that before, see my last post^^

With a tagline like the other side is closer than you think it has to be something supernatual but the wolf looking up at the gold circle idea is interesting. As for the Robo Coaster? what is this considered. Dark ride, Rollercoaster, Simulator?
    Q`ue Es?

Thought......
    isnt Beowolf a bavarian tale?

Cool

Technically Beowolf is German but not Bavarian. Beowolf is associated with Teutonic (or Scandanavian/Norse)) (sp is wrong I think) which trickles down into northern Germany (throught Denmark). Bavaria is ganz im sueden (way in the south) on the border with Austria. I don't think that Bavaria (which developed as its own nation and did not become a part of "Germany" until around 1826 (check that date and don't take my word for it) when Otto von Bismark first united Germany.) held a beliefe in Teutonic gods.

A Piece of evidence in favor of this is the German names for the days of the week. they are all named for Tuetonic Gods and German was spoken by Germanic tribes that held the Romans at bay as far south as the Rhine river. I still stand by my belief that Beowolf is not connected to Bavaria.

In Addition, Beowolf is not about a wolf at all...or a moon. Perhaps it could be connected to an "other side" (Grendel, the monster, and antagonist in the epic of Beowolf) but then almost anything could be associated with an "other side". Furthermore, I think that everyone ought to calm down and wait for something new to develop. Everyone seems to be blindly stabbing in the dark amidst this new coaster mania. (And it is my all means become a mania in this thread.)
    Last edited by CoasterDR; 07-02-2004 at 06:20 PM.

maybe it'll be like spiderman and u go around on a track and instead of simulators u have the robocoaster and its 4d. and a magician will shoot u to the moon. or maybe it isnt anything like that.

When do you think they'll announce whatevers going there?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lighting Racer @ Hershey Park | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengiest or Apollos Chariot

The day before it opens

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast