Page 1 of 96 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you saw?

Last movie you saw?

I saw this thread on a movie forum and it is ridiculously popular so I thought I'd try it out here. Basically, whenever you rent or see a movie and you don't want to make an entire thread about it, or just want to update us all on your movie watching, just come here, post your thoughts or a review, and possibly rate it. I'll start it off...

I rented Love Actually and it was pretty damn good for a chick flick. Most of it had to do with the cast which was amazing, but there was a pretty solid script and most of the stories were very entertaining. It was quite funny as well.

**** out of *****
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Wooden Poster
    Last movie I watched was "The Breakfast Club." It was a pretty good moving, not much of a plot though. Kinda undermines high school cliques and such. I would suggest borrowing it from a friend or rent for cheap.
    WDW CP - Spring & Fall 2006 - Entertainment Performer
    WDWCP Alumni - Spring 2005 - Living Seas/Soarin'
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulderdash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    I just saw Van Helsing last friday. I must say it was pretty good since i am in no way a big fan of movies like this. I was forced to watch it but i was not dissapointed.

I just saw the movieThe Hot Chick. I thought it was pretty funny and good. Some people don't like it, but I liked it a lot.

**** out of *****
    http://www.invisionfree.com/forums/graphixnetworks
    -free graphixs
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knots Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X

I loved that movie. Your just now seeing it? I think the last i watched that movie was about 6 months ago.

I saw it about a two months, ago but I haven't seen to many movies lately. I liked that movie so much, that I own it.
    -free graphixs

I'm going to see "The Day After Tomorrow" Friday night (If it's out this week) I am dieing to see that one.

I don't realy care for that one. I will proably wait till it is out on dvd.
    -free graphixs

Banned
    Romper Stomper - not bad, but not great either.

Can't say i have ever heard of that movie. Whats it about?

Quote Originally Posted by Carowinds 73-03
    I'm going to see "The Day After Tomorrow" Friday night (If it's out this week)
    It comes out "The Week After Next". I think its two weeks away from either tomorrow or yesterday. I don't know for sure if it's coming out on Friday or Wednesday.

The last movie I saw was Van Helsing. The action and special effects were good but the acting was a little corny at times. Of course with type of movie, that is to be expected. Overall, I'd give it a 6/10, C+, *** out of *****
    Whichever rating you prefer to use.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carowinds 73-03
    Can't say i have ever heard of that movie. Whats it about?
    It's an older (early 90's) Australian skinhead movie staring Russell Crowe. I'm too tired to write the full plot, but imdb.com probably has some reviews.

Thats cool. Thanks

Well in school I brought in the movie "The Last Samurai" so we got a projector from the media and we watched it like a big screen movie. It was awesome. And I plan on going tonight to see "Troy". The last movie I rented and saw was Mater and Commander: Far Side Of the World. I really liked it.

I saw Van Helsing, at I think it sucked. The graphics were cool, but most of the jokes were corny, the story dragged out (wait...was there one? oh yeah...it stunk!), and it was a bad ending. But hey...that's just my opinion. And if the rumors are true, you should all go see it about 10 times so Universal will build a ride. A ride would be much better!

My rating -Van Helsing-

** out of *****

BTW Ryan, nice avatar! That movie kicks!

Cat in the Hat. That was the last movie i saw.

Cool

Good idea Ryan!

Ok my recent rentals:

Star Trek 1 (yeah never saw it all the way through)

It was ok, it's not quite as dated as I would have thought. Although the music is classic synth days. Creepy synthasizers. Run away!

I'd give it 3.5 Stars out of 5

Lion King 1 1/2

This is one movie they should have just left alone. It looked like they just took the original movie and said, ok let's just throw in made up stuff about Timon and Pumba that wasn't in the original movie.

Again, Disney has messed with a classic, and should have left it alone. I never saw LK 2, so don't know how that was.

It was cute enough for kids to enjoy, but otherwise...

3 Stars out of 5

Triplets of Belleville

Yeah I did a thread about this one, but I know not everyone has read it.

Outstanding in every way! One of the most inventive films (animated or not) from last year.

Many of the scenes could be framed and hung on the wall, the artistry is that good!

And you'll be singing the title song for days after you watch this amazing movie.

5 stars out of 5
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Minetrain Poster
    The last few I saw (starting with most recent).

Dancer in the Dark. As with Dogville, I really didn't know what to think at first. It left me feeling pretty empty and depressed. I can't say I connected with any of the characters, but I was still emotionally drained if onlly out of a sense of frustration and feeling of injustice. Bjork really did a wonderful job. The last scene (for those who've seen the movie) is particularly gripping and had me on the edge of my seat. I wish Next to Last Song was included on the Selmasongs EP.

Kill Bill vol. 1/vol. 2. Fun, energetic and entertaining. Probably my favorite Tarantino film.

Mean Girls. Had low expectations going in. A good cross between Clueless and Heathers though not as good as either of those films. Still, lots of great one-liners. I am really liking Lindsay Lohan!

Supersize me. I am never eating fast food again. 'Nuff said.

The last movie I saw was School of Rock. It wasnt too bad

... I feel like renting some movies this weekend...
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Last full movie I saw: Dawn of the Dead. I absolutely hated it. The only good part was the opening ten minutes.

I saw the first half of Kill Bill the other night. I loved it. I can't wait to finish it, and check out volume 2.
    "Back to the 602; It's a 105 in the shade and I'm sippin' on a lemonade. Phoenix, Arizona puts the heat up on ya; I should warn ya the girls is fine as California." - Sir Mix Alot
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Last movie I saw in Theatres: American Wedding

Last rental I saw: Big Fish
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Big Fish was a good movie. I saw that one in the theatres.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Finally saw Amélie on the weekend.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Worlds of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman Knight Flight

"A Knight's Tale"...we watched it in History class.
    I Geauga Dog!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Geauga Lake | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Villain | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman: Knight Flight

Let gravity do the work.
    13 Going on 30. I haven't seen a movie that bad in a long time. Just FYI, my friends and I only saw that when we were given complimentary tickets to see any movie at the Dodge Ball (Ben Stiller, Vince Vauhn) private screening in Old Town, Pasadena when they had filled up the theater and couldn't get any more people into it. And 13 Going on 30 was the only movie all of us hadn't seen yet. Boo.

Since I saw it last week and haven't yet posted about it, I saw Van Helsing. I expected a dumb, entertaining special effects blockbuster and that's precisely what i got. The story made absolutely no sense with plot holes everywhere, but the movie didn't stop enough to let you think and was just concerned with keeping up the action. I thought the beginning in black & white was brilliant, however the rest of the movie did not come anywhere near as good. Still a fun watch, nothing that I will remember in a month but whatever.

*** out of *****
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

last movie I rented: "The Last Samurai"- It was really good
    Last movie at theater: Man on Fire- I really liked it, Im a big Denzel Washington fan, and thought it was really good. It could of been shorter, but overall was really good
    Go Reds!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Steel Roller Coaster: Dragster/ MF

Strata Poster
    The last movie I saw was Hulk last weekend. It sucked big time, the story was decent up until the end of it when Bruce's dad turned into a giant energy vacuum, that really hurt its score. Plus, I tired of watching them chase the Hulk down for 30 minutes. They could've shortened the chase quite a bit.

** out of *****.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Quote Originally Posted by darque
    Finally saw Amélie on the weekend.
    So how was it?

<---- 2100 post
    Last edited by Wes; 05-14-2004 at 10:06 PM.

Strata Poster
    Last movie I saw:

"I'm Not Scared"
    It's an Italian film about some kids in Tuscany who find something stuck in a hole in the ground. I won't give it away, but the movie is pretty good. The best part is the cinametography (sp?). It's increidlbe, and the music is really good too. Don't be fooled by the title, it's not a horror movie, it's a drama.

Next movie I want to see:
    "Super Size Me"
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

Page 1 of 96 123451151 ... LastLast