Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you saw?

Quote Originally Posted by SFGadvKing
    yes, every seen with Fenster (Benicio Del Toro) was hilarious. especially during the line-up and the following scene "I say he'll flip ya. He'll flip ya for real."
    "Okay....can you hear me in the back?!"

"....is that the one about the hooker who had uhhhh.... dysentary?""

The Usual Suspects is such a great movie. So many great stars in it including Del Toro of course, and can't forget about Kevin Spacey's awesome performance as well as other great jobs done by Gabriel Byrne and Chazz Palmentieri. Even Stephen Baldwin does a great job in it, how many other movies can you name that he was actually good in? First person who says Bio-Dome gets slapped.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

out of the five top 250 movies that i have watched this summer i havent really been impressed:
    AFI's list is a little off in my book too. But Hollywood has always raved about movies that I usually end up not liking.

Like America Beauty. While I thought it had a good message, the movie was not all that great. It won Best Picture and had all these glowing reviews.

I would never watch it again.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Actually, I think the AFI list is very good. The only bad part is there aren't a lot of new movies. I think only like 5 from the 90's. I do not however like the order of the 100 best comedy list. The thriller list is dead on though (except Jaws should be #1 not #2)

AMerican Beauty=Probably one of the best movies of the 90's. Kevin Spacey is fantastic, and great supporting characters(let's not forget Chris Cooper) I loved it.

Kill Bill vol 2= Fantastic. I was expecting the same as Kill Bill vol 1, but I was pleasantly suprised with an excellent story, and great acting. Kill Bill vol 2=best movie of the 00's (not that there's much competition)

Just watched The Butterfly Effect. Not bad, but I didn't like the ending. Overall: 3/5
    Last edited by RaptorXLC; 08-11-2004 at 02:46 PM.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorXLC
    AMerican Beauty=Probably one of the best movies of the 90's. Kevin Spacey is fantastic, and great supporting characters(let's not forget Chris Cooper) I loved it.

[SPOILER] don't read if you haven't seen it.
    <
    <
    <
    <
    Very true. That was such a great film. It has such great dark humor in it, also such great drama. The ending was sad because you really feel for Kevin Spacey's character. You hate to see how their family was slowly falling apart after how happy they had been in the past.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Maybe I'm just a sucker for Dark Comedy.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

I saw Open Water. Though basically the whole theatre booed. I thought is was awesome.
    "Back to the 602; It's a 105 in the shade and I'm sippin' on a lemonade. Phoenix, Arizona puts the heat up on ya; I should warn ya the girls is fine as California." - Sir Mix Alot
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Banned
    I saw Halloween 3: Season of the Witch on HBO the other night. It was amazingly terrible. It had NOTHING to do with Michael Myers. It's about these masks that come alive on halloween night........and that's about all.

* out of *****

Yes Halloween 3 was so stupid. I can't believe I watched it years ago.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    well next on my top 250 list is #61, American History X. just got finished watching it about 5 minutes ago. this is one god damn powerful movie. i dont quite think its good enough for my top 10 list, it isnt really entertaining enough and doesnt have any replay value. but it is a movie that should be seen by everyone. edward norton is just fantastic while i didnt really like edward furlong (i didnt like him in T2 either). edward norton is turning into one of my favorite actors, his performance in this and in fight club are amazing. overall i give this 4/5
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Banned
    ^ Aren't those curbings pretty disturbing? Damn, that would just suck.

Anyway, the movie is pretty good. I've got it, but have only watched it once. Not one of my favorites.......but still good.

well next on my top 250 list is #61, American History X. just got finished watching it about 5 minutes ago. this is one god damn powerful movie. i dont quite think its good enough for my top 10 list, it isnt really entertaining enough and doesnt have any replay value. but it is a movie that should be seen by everyone. edward norton is just fantastic
    That is a great movie and I think Edward Norton is one of the best young actors today, if not the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by SFOG Freak
    I think you mean to actually say that it would bite, not suck.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

I just saw Field of the Dreams for the first time. It's an old movie, but it was first time seeing it. I liked very good. 5/5
    http://www.invisionfree.com/forums/graphixnetworks
    -free graphixs
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knots Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Quote Originally Posted by SFOG Freak
    at least i was ready for that, it was obvious something like that was comming from the begining of the scene. now the shower scene, thats a differant story...
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

I recommend Rounders if you're a Norton fan.

Just saw Boogie Nights. I thought it was excellent. PTA has yet to disappoint me. He has become one of the best young directors in recent years. The movie, although very risque, was great. Every actor did a fantastic job, and there were several memorable characters. A nice little story to go along with that too. Warning: The last scene is a shocker. Overall 4.5/5
    Let's Go! HOKIES!

Rounders was also good, I haven't seen it in a while but I did like it. Matt Damon was also very good in that. One of the movie that has Edward Norton in it that I haven't seen yet but hear that it was very good is Primal Fear.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

Oh yes. I saw Primal Fear a while back (haven't since) and Norton co-starred with Richard Gere. Good movie from what I recall though.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Banned
    at least i was ready for that, it was obvious something like that was comming from the begining of the scene. now the shower scene, thats a differant story...
    Ahh, the good ol' ass raping scene............

Quote Originally Posted by coasterlove
    One of the movie that has Edward Norton in it that I haven't seen yet but hear that it was very good is Primal Fear.
    yeah primal fear is a very good movie too. it has a great twist at the end, possibly one of the best

I just watched Just Married again, for the 100,000,000 time. Ashton Kuthcher is awesome, very funny.

Just watched The New Guy. I thought it was pretty good. 4/5
    http://www.invisionfree.com/forums/graphixnetworks
    -free graphixs
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knots Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Watched The Count of Monte Cristo for the 2nd time and the 1st after buying the dvd on sale for $10 at Target.

It's a good movie and I love period films. It's a bit slow in spots, but overall a well told story.

I don't know how it compares to the book since I've never read it.

4 out of 5 stars. Richard Harris is excellent as always.

Terminator 3

The village

Ok I think we're forgetting that we're supposed to write a review of the movie you saw.

Not just say which movie you saw. Give it a rating out of 5 stars. (look at Ryan's first post).

Banned

Spoilers

I just saw AVP tonight..............it sucked.

I cannot believe Predator made friends with that lady. WTF is she going to do now, kill aliens the rest of her life.

Quite possibly the worst movie i've ever seen.

* out of *****
    Last edited by SFOG Freak; 08-14-2004 at 11:16 PM.

Yeah, I heard it was pretty bad. I think the movie Alien is overrated anyway. I don't think I would have seen it even if it got good reviews.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!

My boss's daughter

Last movie I saw was: Anchorman. I would like to see: Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (on video?)
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Quote Originally Posted by DrachenFire123
    My boss's daughter
    Thanks for your opinion on the movie.

Here's mine.

Absolutely Terrible! Possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. There is nothing in my mind that makes me think there is any reason to watch this movie. Pitiful. *shakes head in shame*

0/5
    Let's Go! HOKIES!

i just went to see if anything new was on Comcast On Demand and saw that they added The Shining to the HBO list. i've never seen it and i knew its #89 on the IMDB list so i watched it. this adds to the list of a few hitchcock movies, the excorcist, and jaws that were considered scary as hell in their own time but now just dont do it. the shining is about 2 1/2 hours long and i was expecting a thrilling, suspensful, horror movie but what i got was a fairly boring 2 hours and a nice scary last 30 minutes to it. i must say, Jack Nicholson did an amazing job acting but his acting wife, Shelley Duvall IMO did a terrible job. i was just hoping this would be more scary, more thrilling, or more suspensful but not including the last 30 minutes, i was let down.
    3/5