Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you saw?

last movie i saw was The Punisher. i had huge expectations for this movie untill the reviews started comming out but i decided i would see it after all. the beginning was kinda slow and Thomas Jane didnt turn into the punisher untill almost half way through the movie. once he became the punisher and the action started up, it was pretty good. thomas jane and john travolta IMO were very good in their parts. there was one GREAT scene where the punisher is fighting a russian hitman but there were way too many corney one-liners throughout the movie. overall: 3.5/5

Zoom zoom.....
    The last movie I saw was Troy. I already spoke about it in the Troy thread. Also last night I saw part of Resovoir Dogs with some friends. I kept falling asleep so I can't really say much about it.

Strata Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AllYourBase887
    last movie i saw was The Punisher.
    overall: 3.5/5
    The Punisher was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I only went to see it because a friend had free advanced screening passes. Horrible! The action was horrible, the plot was really bad, "The Punisher" drank so much I'm surprised he didn't die of alchol posining. They tried too hard to make the movie something it wasn't, they spent so much time on plot, and for such a dumb concept it was a waste of time. Overall: 0/5
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

Gee..the last movie I saw at a theatre was "X-2: X-Men United."

I just bought "Scary Movie 3" and watched it. It was good for a few laughs. Now, I just need to watch "Kill Bill Vol. 1" and "The Second Coming" and I'll have caught up on my DVDs.

I watched Equilibrium last night with some friends after my prom, I had seen it before but I still love it. It's a little-known sci-fi flick starring Christian Bale and Emily Watson that has a great, thought-provoking plot and some insane matrix-esque action. The gunfighting in this movie has to be seen to be beleived. It's not wall-to-wall action, but the action scenes really deliver when they come. The people in this movie fight using "gun-kata", a futuristic method of gunfighting that resembles martial arts, although it's use seems only to maker the action scenes really, really, cool. In my opinion it is a better film than The Matrix, with a more solid plot to hold together the action.
    Most video stores have a copy of this, it didn't do much in theatres but it has found quite a following on DVD. I suggest that any sci-fi or Matrix fan should see this.

****1/2 out of *****
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I just saw Scary Movie 3 and I thought it was pretty good.

**** out of *****

I still think the second one was the best.
    http://www.invisionfree.com/forums/graphixnetworks
    -free graphixs
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knots Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Scary movie 3 sucked. I give it a 2/5. It had a few funny moments, but the rest was crap.

And I just saw Troy yesterday, which I really enjoyed. The battle scenes were great.

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    I just saw Matrix 3 this weekend. Just as bad as i though it would be. I was a little lost at the start of the movie since i never saw the 2nd one.

Yeah, Matrix Revolutions was garbage, there was very little that was good in that movie. It's sad that they ruined a series that had an awesome beginning and a pretty good middle part. The last movie was just bad, a real shame.
    5/10

I just seen Troy last night and thought it was great. The action, acting, how the story was adapted and presented was all great! I can't say anything bad about this movie.

9.5/10
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

lol, The first one was the best. They should have just kept that one movie. Matrix 2 and 3 were horible.
    -free graphixs

I can now update this... I saw Troy tonight. My short review is in the Troy thread.

Banned
    I had trouble sleeping last night, so I put in the movie "Deep Throat". For those who haven't seen Deep Throat, it's a rather enjoyable flick. I skip to the good parts and after about 10-12 mins or so (along with a vigorous workout), I was ready for bed.

Why change a good thing? HH88
    Last edited by Magnum Robert; 05-17-2004 at 01:52 AM.

I just finished watching backdoor imports. It's an older movie from the mid-nineties, I believe. The plot isn't really good, but the action is great. The script probably could be better, but I guess it doesn't matter anyway. It's still a good movie.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

The last movie I saw in theaters was Van Helsing. Didn't like the ending, but special effects were great. plot holes. most of this has been said before ... 3.5/5 stars

Before that was 13 going on 30. It was so bad that I feel asleep about ten minutes after Jennifer appeared and only woke up when Thriller played .. 0/5

Last movie in the DVD player was Love Don't Cost a Thing. I still can't get over Nick Cannon not being on Nickelodeon anymore, but it's decent enough.. 3.5/5
    Joined the ranks of the Overworked and Underpaid 2003-7
    Park Ops, Food and Merchandise Certified
    I've tried other jobs.. but they say i'm too committed to the park to work for them.. heh
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler or whateva it's called | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist

I thought 13 going on 30 wasn't that bad. I would give it at least a 2/5

MOD EDIT: please read our ThrillNetwork Forum Etiquette. I edited this post because of number 6, thanks.
    -free graphixs

Interview With the Vampire...

Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Antonio Banderas and Kirsten Dunst gave some seriously ownage performances... even if the rest of the movie had sucked, i would have loved it just becuase of how cool the lead actors were. fortunately, the story was pretty good and the movie had a great horror atmosphere with some really nice gore. The only drawbacks were the pointless interview segments and the terrible ending. Other than that a very solid (although unscary) horror flick.

**** out of *****
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

^I love Kirsten Dunst in that movie, the part where Tom Cruise's charactor is dying and asking Brad Pitt to put him in his coffin. Kirsten Dunst walks up to Tom Cruise and sneers "I'll put you in your coffin!" as she stabs him to death. That was awesome!
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

Banned
    I watched Anger Management for the first time the other day. I never cared for any previous Adam Sandler movies, but will say Anger Management was pretty funny. Maybe I just liked Jack Nicholson enough to overlook Sandler. In any case, if you want to have a few laughs, then watch this film.

I own that film, I thought it was so funny. I would give it a 5/5. It's really great. The funnist part though is in the deleted scenes. There is one with a candy bar which is really funny. I laughed so hard.
    -free graphixs

I saw Shrek 2 yesterday. I think it is a hillarious movie. I really liked the parodies they made on other movies, and the many other things. I give the movie a ****1/2 out of 5. I recomend to go see it. Sure its PG, but its hillarious.

I would give Shrek 2 5/5. It's that good.
    -free graphixs

I rented Iron Monkey becuase I was in the mood for some Yeun Wo-Ping. This guy is such an awesome fight choreographer. I watched the first half of the movie dubbed in English and I liked it but it seemed too much like a parody of itself, so I switched to subtitles and it was much better. The story was pretty stupid, but that's to be expected. The movie was hilarious and the action was amazing. Some of the moves these people pull off are just mindblowing. We need more choreography and less explosions in today's action movies.

***1/2 out of *****
    Last edited by TopGun77; 05-21-2004 at 04:49 PM.
    Winter is coming.

I saw Shrek 2 this afternoon.

Wow! I never expected the sequel to even come close the the original.

The original is such a classic, even though it's only 3 years old.

All I can say without spoiling it for anyone that has seen it, is go see it!

***** out of *****

In many ways it was funnier than the first. Which is saying a lot.

Pray for mercy!
    Last edited by Wes; 05-22-2004 at 09:36 PM.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I bought Bean on DVD the other day and just watched it. I hadn't seen it in a couple years. This movie is still funny. It still makes laugh. There are so many scenes that are great; "the ride of doom", "Whistler's Mother", the turkey scene and more. Very good.

Oh also, with a PG-13 rating, no need for a DVD filter, BGW Freak-nice new sig
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

Quote Originally Posted by coasterlove
    I bought Bean on DVD the other day and just watched it. I hadn't seen it in a couple years. This movie is still funny. It still makes laugh. There are so many scenes that are great; "the ride of doom", "Whistler's Mother", the turkey scene and more. Very good.

Oh also, with a PG-13 rating, no need for a DVD filter, BGW Freak-nice new sig
    I have seen Bean, so many times and I laugh every time. It's a great movie. 5/5
    -free graphixs

I rented Timeline and watched it last night.

The critics trashed this movie to death. But it was ok to me. I have read the book and loved it.

For the most part the movie follows the book, except that they changed it in regard to Chris and the Professor's releationship. In the movie they are son/father, but in the book they aren't related.

I thought it was kind of weird that they did that, but oh well...

The action was pretty good, the acting was ok, nothing special. But it wasn't nearly as bad as the critics said it was.

I love British movies, so I was glad to see two veterans of Brit movies in the roles of the Professor (Billy Connolly) and Mereck (Gerard Butler).

Overall though, the movie was too slow , which is surprising considering that Richard Donner last directed X-Men.

The movie is ok, if you want a movie about time travel and about the dark/middle ages.

I was surprised the movie followed the book as much as it did.

Overall, it held my interest, even though I knew what the ending would be, because of reading the book.

I'd give it 3 out 5 stars.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    Just saw the new Harry Potter and what can i say. Out of this world. By far the best of the 3 movies. A theater was holding a special sneek peek last night at 9pm. Justone more week before it come out and i go see it again.

The last movie I saw was The Recruit. I had to watch it for a school project, weird I know. I've seen it before....it's OK. I'll give it a 3/5 or a 3.5/5....(the extra .5 because Colin Farrell is gorgeous)
    "Surfer Girl" - Homegrown
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider -- Knott's Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk -- Universal Islands of Adventure

I just saw Troy and Bowling for Columbine. Troy was better than I thought it was going to be 4/5. And even though I hate Michael Moore and the message he portrays in the movie, I thought it was a decent documentary. 3/5
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

Strata Poster
    I just saw The Italian Job, and I really enjoyed it. The actors were all great, especially Charlize Theron, and the chase scenes were pretty cool. I would definitely recommend seeing it.
    **** out of *****

I also watched ROTK yesterday, and it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was so boring I wanted to turn it off, but I kept it on, hoping to really understand what the hype was about. I loved the books, but these movies did absolutely nothing for me.
    * out of *****

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast