Page 25 of 96 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you saw?

Will he use it for good or.... Ta2KX's Avatar
    Last movie I saw in theatre was Exorcist: Beginnings, I guess that's what it was called, the prequel to Exorcist. The movie was kind of stupid, but not a total waste of time, had a couple ladies with me that were apparently scared of the movie, .

I rented The Day After Tommorow a few weeks ago, I liked, really cool special effects, and it shows once again how ignorant and stubborn our government can be.
    Thank you for riding Reaper! Drop Ride to Doom, and remember to desecrate a sanctuary today.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, employee mode

Oh yes, The Day After Tomorrow and it's accurate portrayal of events is a great source for the state of our government.

I liked the movie quite a bit but c'mon, it isn't exactly a realistic movie and I certainly wouldn't even begin to use it to talk about our government.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

I liked "DaT"

But it just falls into that category of "The repubilicans in power are evil and Hollywood knows everything, so therefore only democrats should be in power, every republican is out to destroy the atmosphere, etc. etc."

Hollywood is so biased it's pathetic. But so is Fox News. LOL!!!

That was the one thing I didn't like about X2, the whole anti-Bush sub-plot.

It's a superhero movie! Leave the politics at home!
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Quote Originally Posted by bgwfreak
    But it just falls into that category of "The repubilicans in power are evil and Hollywood knows everything, so therefore only democrats should be in power, every republican is out to destroy the atmosphere, etc. etc."
    Too bad Hollywood (liberals) don't know that it was said that what happened in that movie isn't even close to being possible. Their theory was shot down quicker than a Kerry recount (oh, good one). Funny how they would try to underhandedly blame any president for it since any problem that exists has been that way for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwfreak
    It's a superhero movie! Leave the politics at home!
    Yes, I agree. It's just too bad losers....ahh, I mean liberals can't do that. You don't see what few Republican minded filmmakers there are in Hollywood trying to stick in pro-Bush/Republican themed messages into their movies.
    Last edited by coasterlove; 12-14-2004 at 12:29 PM.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

The last movie I saw was "Back to the Future."

TBS or whoever showed it picked up on the timing too. I have the 3 disc set. I watched it on November 5 because in the movie Doc said he invented time travel on that day in 1955. This time around I realized the additional dates in the movie. On October 25th, 1985, Doc calls Marty to meet him @ Twin Pines Mall. Early Monday Oct 26th. Marty goes back in time for the first time to Nov. 5, 1955 I believe. Marty goes back Nov 12th, 1955 when the lightning strikes to October 26th 1985. I remember every year and watch the movie because my dad's birthday is November 4, 1955.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Banned
    I saw Sideways a few days ago, and it was really good. I'm pretty sure it'll get quite a few academy awards. Probably best screen play.

***** out of *****

Last Night I saw Gothika... and Exercist (I cant spell, too tired!) But yeah, those movies werent scary :-(. I need to see darkness, Bogieman, and that other scary movie! I love scary movies!!!
    Last edited by rlrcstrfreak; 12-18-2004 at 02:51 PM.
    it's simple
    Favorites: Amusement Park: "too many to mention" | Steel Roller Coaster: Big ones and classic ones

Banned
    ^ How dare you say the Exorcist wasn't scary?

Anyway, I just got back from seeing Flight of the Phoenix. It was a great movie, but there were a few things that bugged me. I've always hated rappers in moves....they're such terrible actors, and in this there were two of them. Other than that, it was fine. The best part of the film was the crash scene. It was spectacular...

**** out of *****

How dare you say the Exorcist wasn't scary???
    um " It was not scary" there, happy? it takes a lot to scare me..
    it's simple
    Favorites: Amusement Park: "too many to mention" | Steel Roller Coaster: Big ones and classic ones

Banned
    White Chicks was amusing, was sort of dumb, but amusing. Some parts were pretty funny, but stupid.

*** out of *****

I could have sworn you reviewed that movie like 2 times before.

Anyways, I saw Oceans 12. I really liked the movie. I had to see it a second time to really understand some of the parts. The only thing I didn't like, was they didn't focus to much on a single robbery. It would have been better if it was more elaborate. 4/5.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by edh101985
    I could have sworn you reviewed that movie like 2 times before.
    WOW! Thats weird...nope that was the first time that I've seen that movie.

Hmm..I just watched Dodgeball tonight. It was wicked awesome, and I loved it! So freakin funny! I had only seen parts of it before, and finally had time to watch the whole thing.

***** out of *****
    The greatest lovers were murderers first
    ETID -She's My Rushmore

New ETID "Gutter Phenomenon"-2005!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFNE i guess... | Wooden Roller Coaster: None right now | Steel Roller Coaster: S:ROS at SFNE

I saw Dodgeball recently too since my friend bought it. Everyone has kept talking about this movie so I went by my friend's house to check it out. I had high expectations for it and I was a little disappointed with it. It was funny but there weren't any moments that just made me laugh out loud. I liked a lot of the people in this movie and that's partly why I had such hign expectations. I love most movies that I've seen Ben Stiller in, so I thought this would be the same thing especially since everyone kept talking about it.

Overall 7/10
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

Banned
    Just seen dodgeball last night too, and I seen it in theaters before.

Its so hilarious, just kidding, but not really.

9/10

I saw Oceans 12 and Christmas w/ the Cranks. Oceans 12 was good.
    ▌------0-120mph------▌4sec ↑420ft ↓420ft
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Saturday..Series of Unfortunate Events....Bad.
    Monday..Ocean's 12...liked it, but confusing plot.
    Tomorrow..Meet the Fockers...betting it's good, like the first.
    I saw all of these at Universal Cineplex. Yay!

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    I just saw King Arthur and Shaun of the Dead.

King Arthur was far too generic.......speaking in old time english only when it's convenient........long winded battles where they fight one on one.......eh, it's alright I guess....Kiera Knightley is tooo hot!

Shaun of the Dead was genius. Just hilarious with some real sincere moments.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I'm still waiting to see King Arthur. I'm interested in picking up that unrated version. Shaun of the Dead, I want to pick up. It's just too bad that everyone has it for $19.99 that I've seen. My next movie will be Meet The Fockers. I got my ticket with the new version of Meet The Parents on DVD. I'll be seeing it this weekend.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    King Arthur is good......worth a purchase........
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Don't see Christmas with the Kranks. Not that good, and not funny at all.

National Treasure. VERY GOOD MOVIE. Actually, I want to see it again, and want it when it comes out on DVD, which is rare for me.
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

I saw The Incredibles and Polar Express which were both excellent The visuals in Polar Express were amazing and The Incredibles is just an all-around good movie.
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Quote Originally Posted by coasterlove
    I'm still waiting to see King Arthur. I'm interested in picking up that unrated version. Shaun of the Dead, I want to pick up. It's just too bad that everyone has it for $19.99 that I've seen. My next movie will be Meet The Fockers. I got my ticket with the new version of Meet The Parents on DVD. I'll be seeing it this weekend.
    I was not that impressed with King Arthur.

I mean come on, Quinevere is an expert with a bow and arrow now?

It was way too slow and frankly kind of boring to me. I'd rent it first before you spend money on it.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

The last movie I saw was 'The Manchurian Candidate' and I loved it! Good actors and a good story, what more do you need? Before this one, I saw Collateral, also a pretty fine movie
    Six Flags Belgium Counter '04: 23
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal Port Aventura | Wooden Roller Coaster: Weerwolf - Walibi Belgium | Steel Roller Coaster: Scream! - SFMM

The original or the remake?
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

I saw Napoleon Dynamite last night...

Wow- stinkin' hilarious! It was so random, it almost depressed me... but still, it was genius, every line could have made me laugh... I want it for Christmas now!

"Gosh!"
    "Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.... now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." -Ecclesiastes 2:11, 12:13
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant (followed by Texas Cyclone) | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan (followed by Wildfire)

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorXLC
    The original or the remake?
    The remake. Is the original better?
    Six Flags Belgium Counter '04: 23
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal Port Aventura | Wooden Roller Coaster: Weerwolf - Walibi Belgium | Steel Roller Coaster: Scream! - SFMM

I saw Ocean's 12, Dodge Ball and the Terminal all two weeks ago.
    Ocean's 12 was great. I really liked that movie.
    Dodge Ball was funny, but I didn't get to finish it all.
    The Terminal was ok. Some of the parts where really boring. Tom Hanks did a great job tho. I just would of liked to see more action in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Obie Trice
    The remake. Is the original better?

Well, some people have trouble watching old, black and white movies, but if you are able to get past that, it's a fantastic movie. I highly recommend it. I've haven't seen the remake though.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

Yes, the original is great. One of the best B&W movies evar!!! Seriouslly it is one of my favorites.

Angela Landsbury is downright scary.