Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you saw?

Quote Originally Posted by bgwfreak
    Overall though, the movie was too slow , which is surprising considering that Richard Donner last directed X-Men.
    [0wnage mode]
    Richard Donner is the director of the Lethal Weapon series, not X-Men. Both X-Men and X2 were directed by Bryan Singer. [/0wnage mode]
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    I just saw Bowling for Columbine to. What a weird movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    [0wnage mode]
    Richard Donner is the director of the Lethal Weapon series, not X-Men. Both X-Men and X2 were directed by Bryan Singer. [/0wnage mode]
    Oops. I looked at his filmogrophy. He was exec. producer for X-Men, not director
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Forgiven.

I saw The Day After Tomorrow. ***1/2 out of *****. Look for my more detailed comments in the thread.
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Wooden Poster
    Last movie I saw was Shrek 2 yesterday. There were SO many more innuendos then the first one. The poor kiddies didn't understand any of them. They even say ass. *Gasps at the FOUL LANGUAGE!* Oh the humanity!
    WDW CP - Spring & Fall 2006 - Entertainment Performer
    WDWCP Alumni - Spring 2005 - Living Seas/Soarin'
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulderdash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Strata Poster
    I saw "The Shawshank Redemption" last night. I thought it was pretty good, reminded me a lot of "Catch Me If You Can". The thing I didn't like about it was the begining, when they were trying to show how bad prison life was. It was over done. The last half hour or so was very clever and made the whole movie worth it. They should have left out those sisters, that was unnesecarry, and the language was over the top. 3.5/5
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

I watched the FX version they leave out all the language and "stuff" I saw the toned-down cable version. It was a good movie.

Oh, and RCTFan, they were referring to Donkey you know

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Last movie I actually saw at a theater was Jurassic Park III. Just too expensive for me. When you remember seeing movies like "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World at a theater for 10 cents, and a movie like Bonnie and Clyde for 75 cents, and the drive in prices we paid, just makes me feel now, that I'd just prefer renting the movie. Also, watching it at home, means you won't miss anything for any reason...that good old pause button. lol

Here at home, cris I and just watched the original, 1975, Stepford Wives. I loved that movie back when, that's why I have the dvd. Cris saw the ads for the movie and really want's to see it. I told her it was one of my old favorites, she didn't even know there was a "first" Stepford Wives.

Personally, I think the new one will be much better than the first, (even though I'd loved the original), if for no other reason...Christopher Walken...I love him. He just has a way of making movies better (my own opinion of course).

Quote Originally Posted by leeloo1953
    Jurassic Park III
    Not a bad way to leave off, I personally love the JP movies. The first one is still one of my all-time favorites. If you wait till next year, you can make JP IV your next movie at the theater.

Personally, I think the new one will be much better than the first, (even though I'd loved the original), if for no other reason...Christopher Walken...I love him. He just has a way of making movies better (my own opinion of course).
    I'll agree with that. Just a couple preformances of his that I love; Pulp Fiction, True Romance, The Rundown, also I liked his "role" in the Saturday Night Live skit Behind the Music-Blue Oyster Cult ...."Guess what?!?! I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

I saw Stuck On You yesterday which was pretty good but a little too touchy feely for a Farrely brothers movie. Before that I saw Miracle which was awesome.
    The Gravity Group: Turning "Gee what if..." into "G why not?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cornball Express! ooooooo yea! | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

The JP series was quite possibly the best ever.

House of the Late Scapegoat phantompenguin's Avatar
    In the theater...Miracle
    At home...Office Space
    phantompenguin
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

The last movie i saw was "The Passion Of The Christ" Good movie.

Zoom zoom.....
    I just watched Reservoir Dogs. Quentin Tarantino is a frickin genius. I really enjoyed it though it was somewhat like Kill Bill in style. I guess that's just Taratino's style...

I just saw Van Helsing. I thought that it would be at least sorta scary. But, no. It was hillarious how bad it was.

Actually, I just got finished watching Tomb Raider 1 on dvd. I love that movie. Umm.. ok, i confess... I only watch it because of Angelina Jolie, lol.
    Rides- Delirium/Slingshot

"No, no no, the rings have to go inside the bottle!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Paramount's King's Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Have you seen TR2 yet? Just as good if not better. Also Welcome to Thirll Network. Head over to the TN Town Square and introduce yourself and tell everyone a bit about yourself. If you want.

Here at home, cris I and just watched the original, 1975, Stepford Wives. I loved that movie back when, that's why I have the dvd.
    That's one I've never watched. I always saw it the DVD's at the library and the cover never struck me as an interesting movie. But now that I know what it's about, I might have to rent it before I see the remake.

I usually don't like remakes, but Bette Midler, Nicole Kidman, Christopher Walken and Matthew Broderick are all favorites of mine.

Fisher of Couches LP_Reanimator's Avatar
    I just saw "Grease" last night for the first time. I usually hate musicals, but that was a really good movie.
    .sdrawkcab daer nac uoy, siht daer nac uoy fI
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: Swamp Fox at Family Kingdom in Myrtle Beach | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Gun: The Jet Coaster at PC

I just saw Soul Plane last night. I liked it a lot, very funny. 5/5
    http://www.invisionfree.com/forums/graphixnetworks
    -free graphixs
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knots Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X

I agree, Grease did suprise me, but I didn't enjoy it thoroughly.

I mentioned Big Fish...I also recently picked up Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. I saw previews for this movie when I was at Bruce Almighty. It looked good then and I recently saw this a few weeks ago at a friend's house. Disney's first PG-13 movie if I recall correctly. Storyline was good, Special effects were good. Well, except for the raging seas, I have yet to see a really great stormy sea shot. Johnny Depp played a great role and the humor overall in the movie was good.

I'd say 4 1/2 of 5
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Quote Originally Posted by PKIDeliriumGrl
    Actually, I just got finished watching Tomb Raider 1 on dvd. I love that movie. Umm.. ok, i confess... I only watch it because of Angelina Jolie, lol.
    Your s/n and you watching it because of Angelina Jolie don't add up.

And I had recently baught LOTR: ROTK and I still enjoy the movie. Its really good. 5/5.

BTW, Andrew have you seen Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World? That is a really good ship type movie.
    Last edited by edh101985; 05-31-2004 at 02:59 PM.

Master and Commander is great. I bought that one.

Every one of you go out right now and rent "Bubba Ho-Tep".

Seriously. I saw this movie at a local arthouse theatre a few months back, and it is excellent. First of all, it stars Bruce "Ash" Campbell. That alone makes it worth seeing. But wait, listen to the story: He plays an old retired Elvis who resides in a nursing home. Apparently he got sick of fame so he dropped out of the public eye. His friend in the home is a black man who is either JFK or thinks he is JFK (aliens bleached his skin). They end up having to join forces to destroy an ancient soul-sucking mummy that has started sucking the souls out of the unfortunate residents of the nursing home.
    Bruce Campbell's Elvis is the best Elvis ever. He doesn't impersonate him so much as make him his own. Ossie Davis is also great as JFK. The movie is like a part horror, part comedy and part old-age story. It's hard to describe fully, it's just so different, yet hilarious and awesome. Campbell once again gives some great one-liners.

**** out of *****
    Winter is coming.

Corkscrew Poster
    I just got Bubba Ho-Tep on DVD. It really is awesome. 3rd best B-movie EVER! Bruce Campbell is king! And guess what? Sequels are in the works! Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires as well as Bubba Sasquatch

I can't wait for Bubba Nosferatu.

I bought The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (brand spankin' new special edition) last week becuase it's basically a must for any DVD collection. I finally finished watchingt it and damn it was good. Even though it's from the 60's it seemed hardly dated at all, if you ignore the voice dubbing. Clint Eastwood and Eli Wallach were excellent, Blondie is my current hero-of-the-week. This guy is so cool... his one liners 0wn.
    The movie's score was perfect, just an amazing score for an amazing movie. This is one of the best DVD blind buys I've ever made, and The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly now has a solid spot in my top 25 (which i will publish some time soon). I encourage every DVD collector to make this purchase. I haven't gotten into the features yet but I hear tell they are great as well.
    ***** out of *****
    Winter is coming.

I just watched The Pink Panthers Strikes again.

I recently bought the Pink Panther DVD set. I think I'd only seen one or two of the films before, because the first two came out before I was born, then the others were in the mid 70s.

Anyway, this was another funny installment of Peter Sellers as Inspector Clusou (sp?). This one was released 8 years after the 2nd film (A shot in the dark).

My favorite line is (Sellers) Does your dog bite? (German guy) No. (Then dog starts tearing Sellers arm off). (Sellers) I thought you said your dog didn't bite! (German guy) That is not my dog.

If you've never seen any of the films, start with the original (The pink panther), which is worth renting just to see a young Robert Wagner, which is so funny when you think about him in the Austin Powers movies too. It's like he just stayed in that universe with Clusou. lol

Overall I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.

So far I've loved the whole DVD set, and if you are a fan of these films, be sure to pick up the set. They've done a great job transferring them to DVD, and the sound is now 5.1 digital.
    Last edited by Wes; 06-02-2004 at 04:48 PM.

Cool, I just bought that for my dad for Father's Day. Peter Sellers is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by coaster9freak
    I just watched Reservoir Dogs. Quentin Tarantino is a frickin genius. I really enjoyed it though it was somewhat like Kill Bill in style. I guess that's just Taratino's style...
    Reservoir Dogs is probably one of my all time favorites. Classic Tarantino.
    Last edited by Cuddy; 06-02-2004 at 06:00 PM. Reason: the edit button reeks of coolness.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

Zoom zoom.....
    I saw Shrek 2 last night. One of the only sequels I like more than the original. Very funny movie and the chauffeur was cool. I want his shirt. Pinnochio was funny along with the gingerbread man. Great movie.

I saw a movie at the store, Dog Soldiers for $5.99, it was a horror movie and I do love my horror movies. I checked on IMDb for viewers ratings and more information on it since I had never heard of it. It had an average of 6.8 and it seemed pretty cool so I picked it up. It's a small budget horror movie about a small group of soldiers stuck in the forest who lock themselves inside a house to avoid attack by werewolves. It was pretty good, it could've been more gory at times and I would've liked to have seen more of the werewolves ssince they looked pretty cool. But overall, it was good. 7/10
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

I just watched A Clockwork Orange again as I just finished the book yesterday. Always great, but I think I like the book more, with it's extra chapter not in the film.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast