Page 46 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2880

Thread: Last movie you saw?

Yesterday I saw Sky High

Lately Disney has been pretty good with their live action movies IMO. Nothing classic of course, but I did really enjoy National Treasure and Herbie: Fully Loaded was cute.

Sky High however seems to lack a lot of the pop and fun of those two movies.

It's got a lot of potential to be a fun and campy movie, but the director doesn't seem to know which he wants it to be. An adventure movie, or a campy knock off of better superhero movies.

As it is, it's a mixture of the two and it does neither well.

The comicbook lover in me wanted to see more heroes and such, but that never really happens till the end.

The strangest thing is at several points the action and acting seemed so stilted that it reminded me in a lot of ways of a bad Power Rangers episode (and most of them were pretty bad). lol

Overall an OK family flick, a rather boring comicbook-type movie. 2.5 out of 5 stars

For Kurt Russell's return to Disney movies, I'd say this gets a thumbs down. lol
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I just watched to films last night. Natural Born Killers and American Psycho. They were both very good, but both rather strange and everyone might not like them. American Psycho was hilarious. The scenes with the business cards was great. And the ending was a nice twist, but I think that there is more to it that I don't get. I'll have to watch it again. As for Natural Born Killers, if you like Quentin Tarantino, you'll like this. Very violent, and very strange, but it's a good movie, and the acting was ridiculous(Robert Downey, Tom Sizemore, and Tommy Lee Jones), but very good at the same time. I liked both movies. 8/10 for both
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was a really good movie. It is much better then the original plus the oompa loompas song are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorXLC
    As for Natural Born Killers, if you like Quentin Tarantino, you'll like this. Very violent, and very strange, but it's a good movie, and the acting was ridiculous(Robert Downey, Tom Sizemore, and Tommy Lee Jones), but very good at the same time. I liked both movies. 8/10 for both
    I wouldn't quite say that. I worship the ground that Tarantino walks on but Natural Born Killers is a contender for the worst movie I've ever seen. I found it a pointless and grotesque display of stylistic excess that took one theme and relentlessly jackhammered it into your head. There are harmless bad movies, and then there are offensively bad movies that provoke anger from the viewer. I'm lucky I didn't destroy the tape before returning it to the video store. I've never been able to respect Oliver Stone since watching Natural Born Killers, despite the fact that Platoon was great.
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I just watched to films last night. Natural Born Killers and American Psycho. They were both very good, but both rather strange and everyone might not like them. American Psycho was hilarious. The scenes with the business cards was great. And the ending was a nice twist, but I think that there is more to it that I don't get. I'll have to watch it again. As for Natural Born Killers, if you like Quentin Tarantino, you'll like this. Very violent, and very strange, but it's a good movie, and the acting was ridiculous(Robert Downey, Tom Sizemore, and Tommy Lee Jones), but very good at the same time. I liked both movies. 8/10 for both
    I love both of those films. I think American Psycho is great and Natural Born Killers has a been a favorite of mine since I first saw it. I used to annoy my friends with movie during high school. It was just an interesting and exciting movie to me. I also loved a lot of the very dark and dirty twisted humor in it. Great performances in it by everyone and there are so many things in it that you might not notice the first time or even first few times you watch it. There are some great lines in it that I loved. I even had a pair of rose tinted glasses like seen in the movie.

American Psycho 8/10
    Natural Born Killers 10/10
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by TopGun77
    I wouldn't quite say that. I worship the ground that Tarantino walks on but Natural Born Killers is a contender for the worst movie I've ever seen. I found it a pointless and grotesque display of stylistic excess that took one theme and relentlessly jackhammered it into your head. There are harmless bad movies, and then there are offensively bad movies that provoke anger from the viewer. I'm lucky I didn't destroy the tape before returning it to the video store. I've never been able to respect Oliver Stone since watching Natural Born Killers, despite the fact that Platoon was great.
    Huh? I didn't think it was as good as his other films, but I thought the movie just screamed Quentin Tarantino. Just the overall style of the film. I thought the opening diner scene seemed like a missing scene from Kill Bill.

I've never been able to respect Oliver Stone since
    pretty off topic, but don't see Alexander. It won't change your opinion.
    Last edited by RaptorXLC; 08-12-2005 at 01:38 AM.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

Quote Originally Posted by coasterlove
    Great performances in it by everyone
    Did we watch the same film? Juliette Lewis is possibly the worst "name" actress working today, Woody Harrelson was complete trash and Tommy Lee Jones seemed to be trying to give an awful performance. I guess that guy who ended up joining Mickey and Mallory at the end was pretty good though.

Huh? I didn't think it was as good as his other films, but I thought the movie just screamed Quentin Tarantino. Just the overall style of the film. I thought the opening diner scene seemed like a missing scene from Kill Bill.
    For the record, the diner scene was the only scene in the movie I liked.

The difference between Quentin Tarantino style and Stone's style in Natural Born Killers is that QT is confident, secure, and knows what he is doing. With NBK, Stone seemed like he was so unsure of what he wanted to do that he put anything and everything he could into it in a desperate attempt to seem like "a true artist", when all he accomplished was an incoherent and frustrating mess of a film.
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I agree that unless you are on drugs, NBK is garbage. But seriously, Platoon is so great that I excuse Oliver Stone for anything else he has made that sucks.

Everyone has their own opinions on films but don't insult people by saying they would have to be on drugs to enjoy that movie. And if that were true, that would mean Roger Ebert and many other film critics are on drugs as well. And I don't see Ebert as much of a stoner.

Did we watch the same film? Juliette Lewis is possibly the worst "name" actress working today, Woody Harrelson was complete trash and Tommy Lee Jones seemed to be trying to give an awful performance. I guess that guy who ended up joining Mickey and Mallory at the end was pretty good though.
    Well, in that particular movie, I thought she was great in. I've liked her in a few movies such as Strange Days, From Dusk Till Dawn and even National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. But to each their own and I was only specifically mentioning that performance.

And Woody Harrelson was great. At that time, after just coming off of Cheers and White Men Can't Jump, who would've seen him pulling off that role? I think he played the role very convincingly. I find it a shame he doesn't get more roles today.

The rest of the cast also good and if it seemed like they were overacting or just plain acting crazy or over the top, that was what the movie was. It's a lot of different things for different people.

Some critics think it's saying something about violence in our culture as well as our media and how it's celebrates it and make them celebrities. I understood that and thought it was interesting. But I also liked it just as a piece of twisted entertainment. The movie is violent but not even as much as it would seem. I've seen much more violent movies that are far more revolting. NBK is tame compared to some other films as well as many of the video games kids play today.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Let me just say. I saw Natural Born Killers in theaters. That was a disturbing movie. Now, 10 years later, I'd like to see it again. Perhaps I'll have a different view of it.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

It's more the theme and the idea that is disturbing. And while it's violent, much of it is shown only in short flashes with the rest happening off screen and in our imaginations.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

Saw Four Brothers last night. And a lot of it was kind of cheesy, but overall I thought it was a pretty good movie, and due to the terrible season of movies, probably one of the better movies I've seen all summer. I think Wahlberg is a pretty terrible actor, and this movie was some of his worst work. That said, the acting in this film from everyone else was excellent. I was suprised how well Tyrese and Andre3000 acted as they're both musicians turned actors, and that usually doesn't seem to lead to good acting. But like I said, overall it was a good movie, and I'd definately reccommend it. 7/10
    Let's Go! HOKIES!

Quote Originally Posted by coasterlove
    It's more the theme and the idea that is disturbing.
    I'd say the thought of having to watch it again is the most disturbing part of the film .

I watched A Very Long Engagment. Visually cool but pretty boring and cheesy storyline with annoying performances. The war scenes were the only parts I liked.
    Winter is coming.

Napoloen Dynamite
    4/5

This movie was extrenely stupid, but that is what I loved about it. Jon Heder did a great job as Napoleon and this now one of my favorite comedies.
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

I saw the 40 Year Old Virgin tonight. It was vulgar, raunchy, and absolutely hilarious.

^That was the general consensus at Gyro tonight. Those of us that had seen it (I haven't) said it was hilarious.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Quote Originally Posted by G_Adv_123
    Napoloen Dynamite
    4/5

This movie was extrenely stupid, but that is what I loved about it. Jon Heder did a great job as Napoleon and this now one of my favorite comedies.
    Yeah it's one of those movies I quote all the time, but yet I didn't like it enough to want to buy it. I've seen it twice though.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Harry Potter (the orginial) 5/5 Best HP movie out, I'm now watching Girl Next door, thats a 5/5 Elisa Cuthbert is gorgeous!

Once Upon A Time in Mexico. I thought it was good, but it could get a little tedious with the Antonio Banderas playing the guitar for more tham 2 minutes. Johnny Depp played a good role, a funny one at that.

I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

McClintock! starring John Wayne. I saw bits and pieces of this movie last week, and I knew my dad had the movie, so I watched it. Pretty cool movie. Done in the 60s, but sent in the Old West. Classic movies don't get ratings, but one...GOOD

I am going to go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory today with my mom. She is a big Johhny Depp fan, and loves all his movies. Hopefully it is as good as every says it is. The previews look really cool.

Yesterday (after hearing so much about this movie) I watched Sin City.

I had no idea going into this movie that it would be so "film noir". I like some film noir movies (especially the old ones like the one starring Charlton Heston and Orson Welles (name escapes me)).

I also love comicbook based movies, so this should have been right up my alley.

The movie is visually amazing, but to me the pace was just down right boring to me.

I could not get into this movie and stopped watching after 30 minutes of total boredom.

No rating.

Next up I watched Brendon Fraiser's live-action version of Dudley Do Right (for the 1st time).

I'm a huge fan of Brendon and I like the fact that he never does the same thing twice. He'll do bizare stuff like Dudely Do Right then he'll turn around and do an amazing job in The Quiet American.

Overall this movie was cute and fun and something that you could watch with your family, without actually being bored to tears! Watch for Sarah Jessica Parker as Nell (before Sex in the City no less).

I grew up on a steady diet of the orignal cartoon Rocky & Bullwinkle, so I was happy to see that they had kept a lot of the original voices, plots, comedy as the cartoon show did. Now why couldn't they have done this with the live action version of Rocky & Bullwinkle? lol

Rating 3 out of 5 stars.
    Last edited by Wes; 08-28-2005 at 03:51 PM.

I saw The Brothers Grimm last night. My dad hated it, my mom had no opinion, and I thought it was fun to watch. The story itself is really boring, but it's played out well and it's one of those rare movies that's really two hours, but doesn't feel nearly that long. It's one of those movies that gets your mind going about how you could use it aas themeing for a coaster (or in this case, drop tower). I actually built my idea today! It's a 406 ft. tall Gyro Drop themed as a tower in dense woods.
    7/10
    Last edited by steel; 08-28-2005 at 04:27 PM.

Well I went to see The Skeleton Key last night an BE WARNED! don't waste your time/money on it. I didn't even sit the through the entire movie it was that bad...
    1 year on TN WOOT!
    http://myspace.com/gurlfromthe21stcentury
    Hi! I am a forum signature virus. Please copy/paste me to your signature to help me spread!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gonna be El Toro soon as it opens | Steel Roller Coaster: KingDa Ka

Suspended Poster RllrCoasterFan's Avatar
    I saw Skeleton Key as well and he is right. It isn't that great and was nothing like I thought it was, especially with the heavy set lean toward black magic and Hoodu, yes Hoodu not Voodu. Wait to rent it if you must see it.
    SCREWED UP
    From T-TOWN 2 H-TOWN
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, and Wild Cat(Frontier City) | Steel Roller Coaster: TTD, Millennium Force, Titan, Raptor, Wildfire, and many others...

I also saw skeleton key and thought it wasnt scary at all, but the ending made the movie a very good one. I give it 3.5/5 stars
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by bgwfreak
    Yesterday (after hearing so much about this movie) I watched Sin City....
    ....I could not get into this movie and stopped watching after 30 minutes of total boredom.

No rating.
    That's a sin right there. You should give it another view. Start from where you left off. There is some amzing stuff in there. It might be slow for some, I could see how some would feel that way. It does get a little faster paces towards the middle. I thought Sin City was awesome. I thought it had a fair amount of action, great music, a lot of the cast I really like. I thought that the look of the film is incredible and just amazing to watch. It's also very funny at times to me. It cab be maybe a little slow at times but the dialogue in those times usually picked it right back up for me.

9/10

I saw The Aristocrats over the weekend. I was very curious about this movie since I heard about it. For those who don't know, it's about the same dirty joke told by a bunch of very famous stand up comics and other funny stars. Just off the top of my head, there's George Carlin, Paul Reiser, Drew Carry, Bob Sagat, Gilbert Godfried, Whoopi Goldberg, Robin Williams, Kevin Pollack, Sarah Silverman and many others.

They all put their own spin on the joke. It's interesting and very funny. Although there are only so many different ways you can tell the same joke. The joke starts off with a family talking to an agent or someone that can book them for a show. They go on to describe what happens in their show. They try to make it as original and abosultely dirty as possible. The joke ends when the agent ask what do you call this show. The father or any member of the family replies "The Aristocrats 8/10

And now for my version of the joke....
    (I'll keep it as relatively tame as possible)

A family back in the early seventies walks into a talent agency hoping to be booked for a show. The talent agent sees it's a family and tells them "I don't do family shows. They're too cute for what I'm looking for". The father replies "you haven't seen a show like this though". The agents gives them five minutes to do their act as an audition.

The family gets ready and begins their act. The father starts off by removing his pants and takes a crap on the floor. It's a liquidy one that runs all over the floor. The son and daughter then take turns running through it and then sliding down the rest of the floor. Their dog (did I mention they have a dog?) then rolls around in it for a bit and jumps onto the wife. The dog then starts to hump her leg which gets the wife excited. As this is happening, crap starts to fly everywhere from the dog's coat of fur. The rest of the family; father, son and daugther treat it as an oppertunity to run through it as if it was a sprinker of crap.

They have fun doing that until the daughter slips and falls. In doing so, she hits her face on the ground and some crap gets into her mouth. The father angry for messing up part of the act grabs her and smacks her in the back of the head. This dislodges some of the crap from her mouth which then flys into the mother's mouth who by the way is still having her leg humped by the dog. Laughter ensues and they starrt to grab piles of the crap and throw them around like snowballs at Christmas time. They have fun for a while until they start to get sick.

The family all starts to vomit including the dog. The dog, a Miniature Schnauzer throws up his biscuits so to speak. The son Timmy always curious how they taste decides to eat the half eaten dog treats. The rest of the family is still throwing up. They then have a food fight throwing the vomit everywhere. The mom goes the extra mile in an attempt to impress the agent and eats some of it. The agent smiles and points at her to show he is in fact impressed by that.

They continue on with their act and do things that I cannot even describe on here including pulling the dog out of the father's butt (don't ask how it got there). They go on for another couple minutes doing these unspeakable acts. Finally they finish with a big Ta-Da!"

The agent just stares at them speachless for a couple minutes. He can't believe what he just saw in front of him. He's finally able to speak. "I'd love to take you on....but I already have a family show like that"

The family covered in crap and vomit, rejected, they start to walk out of the room when the father stops ask the agent a question. "I'm just curious, what's the name of the other family?"

The agent tries to think of their name which escapes him for a moment. "They're from Gary, Indiana, I remember. Of yes, 'The Jackson Five'. I think they're gonna be big!

The family starts to finish walking out of the room and the agent asks "What do you call your show?"

The family smiles and yells "THE ARISTOCRATS!!!"
    Last edited by coasterlove; 08-30-2005 at 12:40 PM.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

^ Well I could tell from the first 30 minutes that I would not enjoy the movie simply for Elijah Wood's charecter. That's just too disturbing for me to enjoy.

The monologue type dialouge just dragged on and on and on.

I'll skip it for both reasons.

You have to give me some credit though. I'm more open minded about a lot of things than I used to and will at least make up my own mind and not follow what everyone else says and give it a chance to see if it is good.

Like the first Babe. Everyone told me it was great, so I finally watched it at the $1 theatre and fell in love with that movie.

There was a time when I probably would have condemed people to hell for going to see a movie called Sin City. lol
    Last edited by Wes; 08-30-2005 at 12:55 PM.

I saw some of I Heart Huckabees and from what I saw it was very funny, so far i would give it about 4/5 stars from the first half of the movie. Ill post a better review once i see the whole thing though.
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure

I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a couple days ago with my mom as I had mentioned. I thought it was very good, and in my opinion could be placed over the original. This one just had more to it, like some scenes from Willy's childhood and such. Different Oompa Loompa songs. I enjoyed it and I thought the acting was good. 4 out of 5 stars.