Page 47 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2880

Thread: Last movie you saw?

Suspended-No Email
    I saw the 40 year old virgin a few days ago. One of the funniest movies I've seen.

I saw Red Eye a couple days ago. I thought it was an effective thriller. It's mostly confined to the plane but it works. Cillian Murphy makes another great villian as he did in Batman Begins. There's something about him since he looks like a nice guy and all of a sudden he turns into something you wouldn't expect.

One thing I thought would've been interesting is if somehow they were able to advertise it without showing him as the main villian in the movie. The way the movie plays out, you wouldn't have any idea. They set him up as a likeable character and it could lead you to believe he will somehow be trapped in whatever mess the character Lisa (Rachel McAdams) is in. Unlike most movies, it doesn't show that he is in fact a bad guy until he reveals his intention to her on the plane. If we hadny been shown he is the villian, it would have been a very effective surprise. Although since the movie revolves much around him terrorizing her, it would be hard to get the point of the movie across without showing any of those scenes.

I was really impressed by the movie. I was a little worried since some reviews weren't veery favorable. I'd give it an 8/10
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

^ Speaking of twists in movies...

Because of staying home this weekend (due to the gas mess) instead of heading to VA for some coaster riding I decided to check out a couple DVD's from the library (which are free now!) Well except for the new ones they are still only $2 for 3days. You can't beat free though...

Anyway so I rented:

Matchstick Men - 4/5 Stars

The trailer for this never really got me all the interested in seeing it I guess and that's why I never did.

I don't want to tell you too much or else it will give it away. Needless to say I'm not a big Nick Cage fan, but this IMO has to be his best performance that I've seen yet. I never saw Adaptation so I'm not sure if that one is better.

This movie totally had me hooked until the twist at the end, which I really never saw coming! I suspected something was going to happen at the end, but nothing nearly as dramatic.

It's a great movie if you like movies like Ocean's 11 or The Usual Suspects.

I thought it was also nice seeing a Ridley Scott movie that didn't involve aliens or gladiators. lol

I also checked out Solaris (the orignal Russian version, not the George Clooney version).

This movie has been tauted as some kind of masterpiece.

Well after 15 minutes (if it was that long) I was bored to tears. Like Sin City, another movie full of great visuals but if I don't have something to keep me interested in it then you'll lose me really quick.

I also have a hard time sitting and reading subtitles. The DVD didn't even have an English track available. Just the movie and subtitles.

No rating.
    Last edited by Wes; 09-03-2005 at 08:40 AM.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

"It's Lu-ah-vuol, not Lu-is-ville", Kentucky
    The 40 Year Old Virgin movie is hilarious. One of the best parts is when he is getting his chest waxed. Funny as hell.
    I'm going to be in a movie one day about all the people who enjoy riding T2. The movie will be called The Fantastic Four.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Run/The Legend...I can't decide | Steel Roller Coaster: B&M: Raptor; Intamin: TTD; Vekoma: T2; Premier: FoF; Arrow: Gemini

I saw Transporter 2 on Saturday night. If you saw the first one and liked it, you'll certainly like this one as well. There is some great action and stunts in this one. Some of the stunts/stuff in the movie are like a more violent Jackie Chan type style. It is filled with plenty of action that always will keep you entertained. There is also some good humor as Jason Statham's character has some good one liners. The plot might be a little silly (ok, maybe a lot) to some but I enjoyed it. It reminds me of some of the action plots from movies of the 80's and early 90's. It's a good popcorn flick. Nothing really serious but a lot of fun for those who like this type of movie.

8/10
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

I saw Red Eye, good movie 4/5 stars
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure

I saw Underclassman, it was decent, and Nick Cannon played a good part. There were a couple good action scenes and the plot was better than I thought it would end up being. That's all I have to say about it.
    7/10
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

Recently saw Red Eye with my girlfriend.
    We both enjoyed it, I give it 4/5

Suspended Poster RllrCoasterFan's Avatar
    I went and saw Red Eye over the weekend and it surprised me. After all of Wes Craven's, who is one of my favorite directors and writers, still has it. I liked the movie and thought it had a good story line. Givin it a 4/5.
    SCREWED UP
    From T-TOWN 2 H-TOWN
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, and Wild Cat(Frontier City) | Steel Roller Coaster: TTD, Millennium Force, Titan, Raptor, Wildfire, and many others...

I saw The Brother's Grimm. I didn't have very high expectations for this one since the reviews weren't that great and I hadn't heard a lot of good buzz about it either. It was okand the special effects were alright. It was just rather dull despite that it did have a good amount of action. I just didn't really find it that interesting. There were a few amusing moments but it just didn't keep me entertained that much. I don't know what it was but I just found it be a mediocre film.

4/10
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

^ Guess that means I'll be waiting for the $1 on that one. lol

I still haven't seen Red Eye yet and I love suspense movies.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Mean Streak fan #337 DemonHunter4337's Avatar
    I just watched 12 Monkeys with Bruce Willis a friend let me borrow it and i finally got around to watching it. I give it a 9/10 very good acting, dialog and it wasn't your typical hollywood ending which I also liked. I can't belierve that one of the Monty Python alumni did this movie although it is a phenominal movie overall.
    ThrillNetwork Honorary Staff Member
    Daniel T. Miller: 1981-2007
    Peace,Love,Life!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Big Dipper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

I didn't even realize that. Too bad The Brothers Grimm wasn't as good as 12 Monkeys as he's also the director of Grimm, his most recent film.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000416
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    I saw The 40 Year Old Virgin.

Eh....I think it would have been a lot funnier in a packed theatre. Some good moments...(like when he pees on himself) but overall I preferred Anchorman.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I saw Grave of the Fireflies last night. Let me tell you, this movie is a MUST SEE. I was in tears at the end. It's amizingly well made and the animation is near to completely perfect. Yet another masterpiece from Studio Ghibli. 5 stars out of a possible 5.

Just saw the Exorcism of Emily Rose.

Warning: Minor spoilers.

I wouldn't call it a horror movie, it's a court case movie with disturbing flashbacks. Don't go expecting to be scared. I didn't find the exorcist scary, so the exorcism parts of this did not scare me either.

I also had a hard time getting into the case situation, because I just didn't buy it. One, why would anyone prosecute a priest for performing an exorcism? And if they didn't believe in exorcism, why would they still think that it is what killed her? Also, they blame the priest for discontinuing Emily's medication... but Emily didn't want to take it anymore either. So it was her own choice. They technically didn't have much of a case which is why I just didn't buy it.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by steel
    I saw Grave of the Fireflies last night. Let me tell you, this movie is a MUST SEE. I was in tears at the end. It's amizingly well made and the animation is near to completely perfect. Yet another masterpiece from Studio Ghibli. 5 stars out of a possible 5.
    Saddest movie ever.
    I want to tell everyone to see this movie but I fear its just TOO sad.

Saw Corpse Bride last night at a press screening.
    Not as sad.
    It was pretty good. It wasn't an all out musical...there were only 3 or 4 songs I think....only ran an hour 15 minutes.
    A technical masterpiece for sure....the movie hasn't really sunk in yet though.
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope....couldn't think of anything
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Saw The Brothers Grimm the other night. Way too confusing..just trying to decipher the french dialect was hard enough, not to mention the flimsy storyline. The scenery and effects were well done, but that was not enough to make up for the rest.
    "Ok, fat ***, we've just traveled 2,460 miles just for a little Roy Wally entertainment. The moose says you're closed. I say you're open!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

I saw the Exorcism Of Emily Rose. I agree with Raptor it isn't a horror movie but it was good. I'd give it a 7/10.
    1 year on TN WOOT!
    http://myspace.com/gurlfromthe21stcentury
    Hi! I am a forum signature virus. Please copy/paste me to your signature to help me spread!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gonna be El Toro soon as it opens | Steel Roller Coaster: KingDa Ka

Quote Originally Posted by steel
    I saw that one about a year ago as well. Very good movie, but very sad.

The animation is amazing.

I finally saw Ghost in the Shell.

Amazing animation and a very interesting story. Now I'm all into wanting to see the 2nd one because of the way the 1st ends.
    Last edited by Wes; 09-20-2005 at 12:34 PM.

Thumbs down The Cave & The Man

The Cave was so horrible it was funnier than The Man.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

This was one of the scariest movies, I mean it. The "Based on a True Story" always gets me thinking..."This is a movie I want to see" and I don't care how much is hollywood and how much is actually an account for waht really happened, it makes the movie all that much more scarier. This movie did it though. It seemed like a documentary even more than The Exorcist and if you can put up with the demonic nature the whole movie has, much to that was described when The Exorcist came out, then this movie will do it for you. It was great and I had a great time watching it with my friends at the theater after school. This movie was freaky and there was no way around it.

Great Great Scray movie and had a great storyline
    10/10 for me that is hard to get from a movie but this movie did it.
    SCREWED UP
    From T-TOWN 2 H-TOWN
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, and Wild Cat(Frontier City) | Steel Roller Coaster: TTD, Millennium Force, Titan, Raptor, Wildfire, and many others...

Based on a true story means based on a true story, but most of the event s in this case did not happen from what I hear. Possibly a bit like the Amityville Horror incident?
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure

^Based on a tru story means it was based on a true story UNLESS you're talking about Fargo or Dodgeball.

Anyway, I saw The Greatest Game Ever Played.
    Shi LaBouf (sp?) is a very promising young actor. He does quite well as Francis Oimet. The plot is easy enough to understand, even if you don't know anything about golf (like me), but is really gripping. You get connected to Francis, Henry, and Jake (at least I think that's what his name was...).
    4 stars/5

^^^ I read an interview with some of the cast members after seeing this movie and learned that it was more of an "inspired by" then a "based on" a true story.

There was a court case in-which the out come was the same as this movie. That's it. As one example, the "real" defence lawyer was a guy.

You just can't believe anything these days.

Still...great movie.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Worlds of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman Knight Flight

Quote Originally Posted by RllrCoasterFan
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

This was one of the scariest movies, I mean it.
    How is this one of the scariest movies ever? A good 2/3rds of the movie, at least, takes place in a court room. Only a few of the "scary" moments are little more than the lawyer or priest hearing noises or something.

Also, "based on a true story", when referring to horror films, basically means "we took the initial concept, but thats it, and jammed it full of Hollywood trickery and plot."
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Last night I watched the remake of Flight of the Phoenix with Dennis Quaid.

This is one of those rare cases where the remake far outshines the original.

Where the original drug and was down right boring, this one was interesting and kept my attention. Even though the plot was exactly the same and the story ends the same as well.

The twist at the end of course wasn't shocking since I had seen the first one, but if I hadn't it would have been.

I loved the soundtrack and that helped a lot I'm sure. A decent movie, if not great. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    How is this one of the scariest movies ever? A good 2/3rds of the movie, at least, takes place in a court room. Only a few of the "scary" moments are little more than the lawyer or priest hearing noises or something.

Also, "based on a true story", when referring to horror films, basically means "we took the initial concept, but thats it, and jammed it full of Hollywood trickery and plot."
    I get what "based on a true story" means. Damn. So you all think I don't or something. I got what "based on a true story" means three times in a row. People need to read other previous posts. I never said it was true or what percent of it is true and what makes it scarier is not knowing how much actually happened. That made it a real scary movie plus we were the only ones in the theater. So it was scarier than maybe you thought. The Emily sequences

EDIT: Srry about that. My stupid teacher got on tome for not being on the right site, which is bs becuase there were kids around me with games and other forums going around me. She doesn't like me I don't think. She always does that to one kid in the class and is then saying she is going to give me detention for it. What a B***H!

Anyway what I was gonna say was that The Emily cases were freaky and the court room case when they started playing the tape was scary too. It may have not been the best scary movie ever but come on you guys I had just gotten back from it and was still pumped from seeing it.
    Last edited by RllrCoasterFan; 09-23-2005 at 09:31 PM. Reason: couldn't finish
    SCREWED UP
    From T-TOWN 2 H-TOWN

I just finished watching The Village. I got it for $7 at blockbuster a few weeks ago and finally got around to watching it.
    I've seen the movie 3 times in total now and I still love the movie and think it's got one of the best twists I've ever seen in a movie. The only problem I have with the movie is the ending. "I'm back" just doesnt seem like a great ending to me.
    Anyways, 4/5

I saw Corpse Bride last night. It's an interesting movie. I can't help loving the stop animation. It's a bit predictable, but not too long. I give it a 3.5/5.
    Previews:
    Pride and Prejudice - 3/5
    Wallace and Grommit - 4.5/5
    Nanny McPhee - 4/5
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (second theater trailor) - 10/5