Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2880

Thread: Last movie you saw?

I watched Rosemary's Baby last week. I don't know why people call it the best horror movie of all time, I didn't see anything really scary in it at all. I thought the movie was a little random in places as well.

I rented The Queen last night.

Stars:

Helen Mirren
    James Cromwell

This movie takes place from when Tony Blair (The Prime Minister) and takes office and when Princess Diana dies. Very raw emotions. Very interesting to see what really happened behind closed doors.

4/5

Next up for me is Catch and Release
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

I saw Evan Almighty on Saturday. It was more of a family comedy than Bruce Almighty was. It was still pretty good but not as good as the movie before it.

Rating: B

I watched Norbit yesterday and thought it was pretty funny. I can understand why some people might think that it was a stupid movie, but it all depends on what type of humor your into. Overall I would give it a 2/5 for a few funny moments.

Resident Haunt Fanatic Woodie4-07's Avatar
    Oceans 13.
    I liked it.
    9.5/10.
    Your leading source to Valleyfair!
    HAUNT - MCBS ~ BCC - CACI ~ MA - CE ~ HSF ~ CDD - 2010
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knott's Berry Farms | Wooden Roller Coaster: Renegade | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator

Mean Streak fan #337 DemonHunter4337's Avatar
    Live Free or Die Hard. 9/10 I was very impressed with it. I was worried at first that the PG-13 would take the edge off of McClane but not as much as you think. The action is insane and about the typical level you would expect from a Die Hard movie and of course the one liners. I would say that this movie pushed the limits of PG-13 the only thing keepign it from beign R is there is no F bombs. The Yippe Kai Yay &&(^%$# is censored over. Other than that I highly reccomend this movie to anyone who likes Action flicks.
    ThrillNetwork Honorary Staff Member
    Daniel T. Miller: 1981-2007
    Peace,Love,Life!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Big Dipper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

^ I was thinking of going to see that this weekend. Either that or Mr. Brooks. I'm glad to hear it was good I seem to be hitting all the bad movies lately. The preview of a movie will look good but then when I see it I find out the preview was the best part.

^ Go see Die Hard especially if you liked any of the previous ones. I heard Mr. Brooks was terrible so I would avoid that one.
    Peace,Love,Life!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Big Dipper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

^ I haven't heard anything about it. I don't know anyone that's seen it yet. So I guess it'll be Die Hard this weekend.

Yesterday a few friends and I rented Dead Silence and I thought it was pretty good. There were a couple good scares and a major plot twist at the end. Overall i would give this movie a 4/5.

Man, the last movie I saw was Pirates 3! I feel really stupid now. It seems as if I never go see movies!

Come to think of it, I want to see Die Hard, Harry Potter, and The Simpsons.
    VF count - a lot SFGam count - 2 CP count - 1

MUSE = Amazing band = WIN!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great America | Wooden Roller Coaster: American Eagle | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Pirates of the Carribean: At Wits End
    What is this movie supposed to be about? There were about five funny moments, but the rest was a perplexing jumble of nonsense, idiocy, and sharp objects skewering young men. It was stupid from start to finish. 1/5

^ I don't know if it's just me but there seems to be a lot of guesswork involved in all the Pirates movies.

This movie surprised me. It was a lot more tense and exciting than I expected it to be. It's typical Stephen King, but it's good for a thrill.
    3/5

Ratatouille
    This is an absolutely fantastic movie. IMO, it's Pixar's best since Toy Story. The end is very satisfying (as is the rest of the movie). We wanted to stay for the next showing.
    5/5
    PS - The next Pixar movie is called "Wall-E." It's about a robot named (you guessed it) Wall-E.

A Great Guy...Really jimhamblin's Avatar
    We went to 1408 last night. Stephen King is back. I thin Mr. King is a great author but I'm real hit or miss with the movies attached to his name. Tey are either great or not very good at all. I found this one to be very good and it scared the **** out of me.

If you a fan of the truely macob this one is for you.
    Jim says; "The Potential energy of the system at the height of the lift hill is equal to the Kinetic energy at the bottom of the hill...."
    Jim's friends say; "Just shut up and ride it would you."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure - Universal Orlando | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage - Holiday World | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force - Cedar point

The original Maverick since 99 CP Maverick's Avatar
    Does this count?

I saw Transformers reels downstairs this morning. I'll be building the first 3 reels when I go back to work tonight, the last 3-4 reels have locks on them. One of the guys already saw the movie with our press screening and said that it's one of the better movies this year. That's a good sign after the way Spiderman, Pirates, and Shrek crashed pretty hard after opening weekend.
    Holy CoW! - another NoLimits project

RIP Geauga Lake 1888-2007
    F CF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast (Kings Island) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (Cedar Point)

Finally went out to see Knocked Up last night

I thought it was a great movie. Some very funny moments and good actors, plus there were tons of cameos. I loved the James Franco cameo "if this is one of those joke shows, I'm not falling for it." I especially loved seeing Jay Baruchel in the movie since the last time I saw him in anything it was Popular Mechanics for Kids every morning before I left for school in grade 3.
    5/5

V for Vendetta- 9/10 no matter how many times I see it I love this movie. Great acting, great dialog and I loved the explosions.
    Peace,Love,Life!

Last night I watched Deja Vu. I thought this was a grat movie; lots of suspense and confusion but all this added up to a great and unexpected ending. 5/5

^ I loved that movie I went to see it the week it came out in theaters and then turned around and bought it the day it came out. Great action flick!

I saw Knocked Up last tuesday. Its probably one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while. It made me laugh the whole time. I was laughing at some parts, but the audience wasn't laughing though. It wasn't just something stupid that It was funny, It was something that was hilarious. Doorman, Doorman....

Big thrills. Small hills. 89magnumxl200's Avatar
    I saw the 1966 Batman movie on TV last night. It was so bad that it was hilarious. The scene with the shark was the funniest thing I've scene in a long time; I couldn't stop laughing. And I loved how they took the vaguest of clues and got something out of them. I give it a 5/5 because it's so bad it's awesome.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

The original Maverick since 99 CP Maverick's Avatar
    Ok, I did get to watch the first 40 min or so of Transformers last night. Wow, this is gonna be a cool movie. Bumble Bee is funny.. and some of the transformations in the Bumble Bee - Barricade fight are pretty slick. Pretty much the last part of the movie I saw was when Mikaela asks Bumble Bee "if you can turn into anything you want, why do you turn back into this piece of crap Camaro?" To which they're both abruptly kicked out of the car. [thats the end of reel 3]
    Holy CoW! - another NoLimits project

RIP Geauga Lake 1888-2007
    F CF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast (Kings Island) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (Cedar Point)

Saw transformers last night at an advanced screening.

This movie was more than I expected. The effects were awesome, the cars were incredible, and the action was pretty much non-stop. The final war/battle scene was far beyond my expectations. Plus, hearing the original voice of Optimus Prime back for the movie was really cool. My only complaint from the movie is how ugl Megatron looked...he looks like an X-Wing fighter when he's not in his robot form. I can't wait for the sequel (you know it will happen).
    5/5

^ he kinda looked like a cross between the Outlaw Star and the Batskiboat to me. Bumblebee was cool, and I thought I'd Hate OP as a Conventional Semi, but they totally did an awesome job on the truck used for his vehicle mode.
    "I'm going off the rails on a crazy train"

I guess I'm a OS X, Windows , Solaris 10 , Linux, and Unix fanboy. Did I miss any OS?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Wild Adventures, Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Starliner | Steel Roller Coaster: Big Bad Wolf

I wish Bumblebee was the small coupe/VW he was meant to be on the Generation One tv show. I look forward to watching Transformers in the near future.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I saw Transformers today and it was nonstop action. I only wish they would have left characters like Devastator out until the sequal as it would give the movie direction. The end is definitely not the end of this as I bet global warming will be part of how this end isn't. Didn't want to give away too much. Characters were altered to make it live action and more realistic ie (Soundwave was a human sized robot when in the original cartoon he was just as big as Megatron) Very good movie and should do awesome at the boxoffice. By the way what was the movie previewed at the beginning with the guy going to japan and the explosions and falling debris? No name was given...
    Intimidator 305 the tallest, most hated coaster nobody has ridden...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I was wondering the same thing about that trailer. I think they're building up the hype and suspense of the movie before the name is even released to the public. Either way, it's doing a god job as I really want to see it.
    The preivew could be for something really stupid (ie- a Scary Movie kind of movie), or something good (like a monster-Horror movie)

This is what I've found on it so far...
    a giant monster movie (refferred internally as The Parasite) which is shot using home video cameras from the point of view of real people who are experiencing the attack on New York City
    So what is CLOVERFIELD? Well, word from inside the company is that CLOVERFIELD is a giant monster movie, featuring something that's being referred to internally as "The Parasite," and we’re going to see a trailer for it very soon that’s been designed and shot even as we speak. I’m not sure if it’s going to be attached to TRANSFORMERS or if we’ll see it later in the summer, but it’s definitely coming soon. And the end of it should feature one of those iconic images that makes people talk about a trailer for months.

And what makes this different than any other giant monster movie? Well, as I understand it, most of the film is going to be shot using home video cameras, as if from the point of view of real people who are experiencing an attack on New York. It’s designed as a fairly small picture, all things considered, and right now, they’re working to make sure the script is going to deliver some wild thrills (like an earthquake that levels Manhattan or an oil tanker flipping over by the Statue of Liberty), but that it’s not suddenly going to turn into a giant $150 million movie. It’s a tricky balance, and if they pull off everything they’re trying to do, CLOVERFIELD could be something really groovy. Not a man in suit in sight.
    Last edited by Ryan F; 07-03-2007 at 11:25 PM.

Today I watched Trading Places with Eddie Murphey(sp?). I thought this was a pretty funny movie but I sort of expected that when I saw who was in it. I would give it a 4/5.