Page 82 of 96 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2880

Thread: Last movie you saw?

National Treasure: Book of Secrets
    Eh, not much to say about this one. The second was basically a remake of its predecessor but with different clues and story-line. They made a large hint towards a third National Treasure movie at the end as well.
    (3/5)

Juno
    I really enjoyed this movie. The story was great and I appreciated how the filmmakers attempted at making it all indie and 'real life' situations. There were several points where I laughed out loud at Ellen Page's sarcastic humor and Michael Cera has always made be laugh from when I saw him first in Superbad. The ending third of Juno was really touching and tied things together nicely. This one fits on my top ten movies of 2007.
    (4.5/5)
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

James
    I Am Legend

eh

on top of a mountain, four hours from any type of roller coaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post

Juno
    I really enjoyed this movie. The story was great and I appreciated how the filmmakers attempted at making it all indie and 'real life' situations. There were several points where I laughed out loud at Ellen Page's sarcastic humor and Michael Cera has always made be laugh from when I saw him first in Superbad. The ending third of Juno was really touching and tied things together nicely. This one fits on my top ten movies of 2007.
    (4.5/5)
    Juno is not being released here in my town until January, but I can not wait to see it!
    "If Seeing is Believing, then Believe that we have Lost our Eyes"

- Andy Hull, Manchester Orchestra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: fjfjfjf

on Earth, but I'm moving when I finish College
    Boondock Saints

Funny and action-packed.
    "So tell me, what IS plagiarism?"
    "uhhhh... Illegal?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGE | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jackrabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

I thought this thread died. lol

National Treasure: Book of secrets

The real secret? How much did they pay Oscar winner Helen Mirren to do this movie? LOL She was actually the most annoying of the cast I thought (which was kinda a shock after her amazing work in The Queen).

I actually liked it ok, it's no Indiana Jones, and it's not as good as the first one but it's not as bad as the critics make it out to be.

3/5
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

James
    Quote Originally Posted by epijlh View Post
    Boondock Saints
    We watched that in High School.... As part of Gym class.

on Earth, but I'm moving when I finish College
    ^Gym class?

I would think the movie is a little intense for school considering the whole partial nudity and gore parts.

Wait... You are talking about the Boondock Saints where Tyne brothers kill criminals right?
    "So tell me, what IS plagiarism?"
    "uhhhh... Illegal?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGE | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jackrabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

James
    Yeah. Living in the Boston area... And it was a Boston based movie = we watched it in Gym class.

The Great Debators
    Go see it. 5/5

Carowinds Hater Poster coasterman1234's Avatar
    When A Stranger Calls (2006) - 2.5/5

I thought this was a lot like Disturbia, except Disturbia was an all around better movie. The acting wasn't very strong, but the story was at least interesting. Though, just like Disturbia, it was slow in the beginning, but once it picked up it was over too quickly.
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point & Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka & Goliath (SFOG)

Death Tunnel
    If you're in the mood for a cheesy horror movie, then this is the one for you. Classic story...5 sexy coeds trapped in a haunted/abandoned asylum and terrorized by ghosts.
    2/5

All Souls Day
    This one wasn't THAT bad. Another cheesy horror movie, this one about zombies in an isolated Mexican town trapping some teenagers from the OC. The box said it won a few awards, and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
    3/5

Alien
    Still a classic sci-fi horror movie.
    4.5/5

I saw the Bourne Ultimatum, my first of hopefully many Hd movies, very good and fit in with the other 2 well.
    I also went to the theater and saw I am Legend, lately movies I have seen in the theater have ended weirdly...
    Intimidator 305 the tallest, most hated coaster nobody has ridden...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Juno - 4.5/5

This movie was hilarious. In my opinion it is up there with Superbad and Knocked Up from the summer of 2007. I think Ellen Page is very talented, though I wish I could have seen more of Michael Cera because the parts he actually was in were hilarious. This movie had a great cast, great writing, and some really CRAPPY music, which is why it has 4.5/5.
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by raser View Post
    I saw the Bourne Ultimatum, my first of hopefully many Hd movies
    Do you have a an HD-DVD player or a Blu-Ray play? If HD-DVD, there won't be many HD movies coming your way in the future.

Source: MacRumors
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

on top of a mountain, four hours from any type of roller coaster
    Juno - Loved it. 9.5/10

Funny, and yet still had a great and deep plot. and Ellen Page was spot on amazing.
    "If Seeing is Believing, then Believe that we have Lost our Eyes"

- Andy Hull, Manchester Orchestra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: fjfjfjf

Roller Coast Poster GeminiRider's Avatar
    On 12/24 I saw National Treasure-Book of Secrets. 7/10. I mean, nothing can be too good with Nicholas Cage's droning voice.
    -Andy
    Cedar Point-
    Ame
    rica's Roller COAST!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gemini | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

One Missed Call - 1/5

Bad acting. Weird story. We even started laughing (along with many others in the theater) at several plot "turns" or occurrences.

Full Metal Jacket - 1/5

Poorly filmed, edited, and acted, just overall bad imo
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point & Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka & Goliath (SFOG)

Juno
    Basically flawless. Great acting. Great story. Great directing. Great writing. Great music. Nothing bad I can say about it. 5/5

Ok, don't flame me for seeing this, but....

I thought that Alvin and the Chipmunks was awesome. It was funny for a kid's type of movie, with many jokes aimed at the adult audience. The plot was predictable, but it has to be, obviously. I thought it was funny, the songs were hilarious and just as I remembered from my cartoon watching days. It definitely brought back a lot of memories. My only problem was the actor that played Dave. He wasn't as good as some others that could've played his part. Otherwise, a good movie for anybody that likes to laugh, IMO. 8/10 for me.
    Oncoming riders, welcome to maXair, the world's tallest, fastest and most awesome Giant Frisbee.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: **ast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

The Island (2005) - 3.5/5

Pretty good I thought, could've been better however. Although, all the action scenes were flawless as with all Michael Bay movies. I still have yet to be disappointed by a Michael Bay directed movie.
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!

^^^Full Metal Jacket 1/5?? Wow... I didn't think that at all when I saw it 8 years ago. Watch it again in 8 years...especially when you've had a full understanding of the Vietnam War.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

In Alvin and the Chipmunks the chipmunks were sure annoying and troublesome as kids should be.

I just saw Juno since it had Arrested Development's Michael Cera and Jason Bateman reunited. I liked the story and the points about life. The language was right up my alley, though I haven't said "morose" in awhile. Ellen Page was great. Michael Cera didn't have a lot to say. Jason Bateman's always bright. After getting off the Fox Searchlight train the last two years I think this is the beginning of hopping back on.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    Coasterman, I mean, a 1/5? Seriously? Full Metal Jacket is one of the best movies ever made.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Behind Enemy Lines - 4/5

Great war movie, not the best but still great. However, I don't think Owen Wilson was the right choice for the main character.
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    I liked One Missed Call. It was not the greatest movie but i thought it was better than a 1. Out of a 10 i would give it 6.

National Treasure was a flawless movie 10/10.

National Treasure was a flawless movie 10/10.
    Seriously. Like, really, seriously, you're giving it ten out of ten? 0_o

Hot Fuzz
    Man, I forgot how amazing this movie is. This might be my favorite movie ever. 5/5

El Orfenato (The Orphanage)
    The Spanish know how to make suspense movies. First Pan's Labyrinth, now this. Really fantastic psychological horror in this movie. 4/5

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    Ok so maybe a 8 1/2/10. It was not the prefect movie.

Roller Coast Poster GeminiRider's Avatar
    The Simpsons Movie-7/10

Kinda of boring in parts, and I think the TV series is much better.
    -Andy
    Cedar Point-
    Ame
    rica's Roller COAST!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gemini | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Lately for some reason I've really had an itch to watch a classic Disney movie, so today I dusted off the old VHS collection (I should probably update my collection to DVD some day soon) and watched The Little Mermaid.
    While it's not my favorite Disney movie, it is up there among the best with some pretty catchy songs. Plus, it's getting me back in the mood for my upcoming trip.
    5/5

Crank - 0/5

This took "horrible" to an entirely new level. lol
    Last edited by coasterman1234; 01-17-2008 at 09:18 PM.
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!