Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 2880

Thread: Last movie you saw?

Finally. The page bug is fixed in this thread.
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

No it isn't. I've got it right now.

I saw the movie Crash last night for the first time. I was in my friend's dorm and I saw that he had it, and I wanted to watch it. So we did. I really enjoyed it.

Has anyone seen the TV miniseries and/or movie called "Traffic"? Crash reminded me a lot of that series, in the concept of lives interconnected in the same fashion seen in Traffic. The movie, in turn, inspired the series Traffic. I also thought of the movie, Traffic, because Don Cheadle is in it as well...

At any rate, I enjoyed the movie and I encourage others to see it as well. Great soundtrack too.
    Last edited by James R; 04-05-2008 at 05:44 PM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor (past tense: lectricShark)
    Never forget justice is what love looks like in public. -- OXFAM

And in the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags AstroWorld or Six Flags Over Texas. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone (RIP). | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by steel View Post
    No it isn't. I've got it right now.
    It was fixed for a minute back there. I think.

No Country For Old Men
    Got the Blu-Ray from Netflix last week. Definitely one of my favorites from the Coen Brothers, it deserved the Best Picture award. Javier Bardem was very, very good. I rarely give perfect scores, but I really enjoyed this film.
    [5/5]

Planet of the Apes (2001)
    Eh, it was kind of entertaining. Lots of plot holes.

[2/5]
    Last edited by Martin; 04-05-2008 at 06:12 PM.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

In Bruges
    This movie is cinimatic dark comedy at its greatest. Very dry humor, a lot of violence, and quite a bit of profanity. Tons o' fun. 4/5

The last movie i watched is "Transformer".It is a good movie.I am very interested to saw it.One of the things I liked was the humor & it worked very well in the context of the film - there was allot of laugh out loud moments , People just wait till the end climax of the film it is the most awesome special effects action sequence ever put together on film .
    Removed because I didn't bother to read the TOS

Just saw Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. One of the funniest comedies I've seen in a long time. I thought it was hilarious, and they did a great job of spoofing Walk the Line and Ray. If you have seen it, there is one scene that I wasn't expecting, and that I think should have been cut out, but I won't spoil it. 5/5

I got free tickets for a advance movie showing of Forgetting Sarah Marshall at my school, so I am looking forward to that tomorrow.

My God I can't believe this topic is still going.

win
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Button Pusher & Bacon Reciever miamidolphins's Avatar
    I saw Star Wars V, shortly followed by The Wall

Star Wars was awesome in the actiony sence, but The Wall was amazing because it had amazing music and kinda got me off into trances. Its like a lava lamp, or fire: you can just sit there and watch it for hours. The best was during Mother when the dead guy is in the bed. That knocked me out of a trance and like freaked me out but in an awesome way
    Calvin: A smoke grenade, a gas mask, and a helicopter....... that's all I ask
    Garth: Hey Wayne, did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son Of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Citizen Kane

What's there to say? Although I did think the plot was a little thin. Regardless.

6/5

Cloverfield
    This movie is still my favorite so far of 2008 (but that is likely to change with Dark Knight, Iron Man, and Indy 4).
    The lesser known actors, the dialog, and the way it was filmed really makes me feel like I am watching a real tape from someone that was filming the attack. Plus, having it on DVD, I was able to hear that sound clip at the end and look out for things I didn't see in the movie (the splash at the end for one).

The Special Features were also pretty awesome. A few deleted scenes, two alternate endings, gag reel, and some making of features. It was cool to learn more about the creature, where it came from, and why exactly it's attacking the city. The only thing that got me disappointed was that they there were none of the viral campaign videos on the DVD...I was really hoping to see some of those like the oil rig, the satellite, etc.

Anyway, I give the movie and DVD a 5/5
    Last edited by Ryan F; 04-23-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Harold & Kumar; Remember the NJ connections in the first movie? They jumped off a cliff on a hang glider in Cherry Hill. Trust me, Cherry Hill is close to Philly and there's nothing close to a cliff in the area. Too wacky and I don't even smoke. The White Castle near Cherry Hill had to be the Palmyra one.(that's demolished and now a Wawa market/gas station) Harold & Kumar (2): Escape from Guantanamo Bay is out today.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Baby Mama
    I was surprised by how good this movie was. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are fantastic together, of course, and Sigourney Weaver, Steve Martin, and Greg Kinnear are all wonderful additions. I actually missed a bunch of lines because I couldn't hear over the laughter in the audience. 4/5

Forgetting Sarah Marshall
    I'm a pretty big fan of the Judd Apatow movies, so I was really looking forward to this movie. Thankfully, I wasn't let down. There were some pretty good laughs in this movie (not as much as others) but I really enjoyed it. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good movie to see.
    4.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by steel View Post
    Baby Mama
    I was surprised by how good this movie was. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are fantastic together, of course, and Sigourney Weaver, Steve Martin, and Greg Kinnear are all wonderful additions. I actually missed a bunch of lines because I couldn't hear over the laughter in the audience. 4/5
    I also saw this movie and enjoyed it. It does suffer a little from over-promotion meaning too many of the funniest scenes are in the commercials.

That's true. I wish that so much of it hadn't been broadcast to the world. Still, there are a good number of gags that aren't in the previews.

Last movie I saw was Deception. It cost me $9 to see it and I swear I was robbed for about $20. By far the worst movie I have seen thus far this year. It was just so slow moving and far fetched. One topic didn't correlate with the other topic. And the reason for it being called Deception did not really materialize until a good hour into the movie. Just a huge let down. This weekend I'm going to see Ironman though. Can't wait to see it.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

I watched Citizen Kane last night, which is widely regarded as the best American film ever made. It's good, but it's probably only in my top 30. The story is pretty good, and the cinematography is great, but I just don't see it as the best.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Just saw Iron Man. Was a very good superhero movie, and one of my favorites this year. Definately worth going to see. 5/5

Yeah, I saw Iron Man last night. Was pretty sweet, but I feel that Stan Lee's cameos in the Marvel movies are becoming groanworthy, and I still like most DC comic movies over Marvel ones.

Saw Iron Man as well tonight. Very entertaining throughout. It lives up to the exceptional reviews it has gotten.
    (4.5/5)

Just got back from Iron Man.

I loved it. It's up there with my all time favorite superhero movies. Great action, nice fight scene, and some cool references to the comics.

5/5

Also...GREAT final scene after the credits...well, for a comic book fan anyways...

I watched Iron Man just now. It was awesome!!! Great CG's. 5/5 10/10 100/100 200/200 400/400 800/800..........

I saw Iron Man last week and thought it was pretty good. Actually I loved it. This week I saw What Happens in Vegas. Yeah, I'm a coaster AND movie junkie. What Happens in Vegas was hilarious in my opinion. I liked it. I don't see anything else on the immediate horizon that I want to see though.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

I saw Iron Man and I was surprised that he stated he was Iron man at the end. What happened after the credits? I left not knowing there was anything.
    Intimidator 305 the tallest, most hated coaster nobody has ridden...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Spoiler Alert:
    Tony Stark walks into his house and says hello to Jarvis. Jarvis begins to reply but powers down part way through. Stark walks into his living room to see a man standing there with his back turned to him. Stark asks who he his, and Col. Nick Fury (played by none other than Samuel L. Jackson) turns around and introduces himself and states that he his the leader of SHIELD and would like to talk about The Avenger Initiative. Movie ends.
    /End Spoiler

For a quick version that doesn't really ruin or reveal anything, it has to do with SHIELD (SHIELD was mentioned in the movie, so it's not giving anything away). If you're not exactly sure who/what SHIELD is, look it up and you'll discover some cool things about it.
    Last edited by Ryan F; 05-12-2008 at 12:01 AM.

Speed Racer
    SO satisfied! Just what I was looking for! Seeing this movie reawakened my childhood love of Speed Racer, and now I can't get the theme out of my head. 4.5/5

Big Fish.

Yeah I cried. 5/5
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Indy is finally back! I have been waiting for this movie since it was stated that a script was being worked on, a few years back. Harrison Ford jumped right back into the whip and fedora and did a great job bringing Indy back to the big screen. Shia LaBeouf did a good job in the movie and will make a good new Indy franchise (it's been talked about that new movies will be made with Shia as the new Indy and Ford in a kind of role that Connery had in Last Crusade). The ending of the movie was a little weird and out there, but I still enjoyed it.

5/5

On another note, this was the first time I actually had to get up and move seats in a movie. The 4 or 5 kids (no older than 8 or 9) behind me and my girlfriend kept kicking our seats, throwing popcorn, and for the life of me, could not shut up. All the mother could do was an occasional quiet "shhh" to them to try and get them to stop. For the first 15-20min of the movie all the kids seemed capable of saying was "THE ARC OF THE COVENANT!! HE'S LOOKING FOR THE ARC OF THE COVENANT! LOOK, IT'S THE ARC OF THE COVENANT!!!" I was extremely tempted to turn around and start yelling at them that they're 3 movies and 27yrs behind.

Parents, if you're going to take your kids to a movie, keep them under control. Especially in a packed theater for a movie a lot of people have been waiting years to see.

^You should have turned around and said something. I was at a movie with my dad a few years back and kids behind us were kicking the seats. My dad turned around and said in a stern whisper to "Knock it off." The rest of the movie was peaceful after that.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire