Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 2880

Thread: Last movie you saw?

Saw the Strangers today. Not gonna lie, I am double checking the locks tonight before I go to sleep. The movie kept you on the edge of your seat, and had me jumping in quite a few parts. The scary part is it is based of true events. 4/5

i will eat your souls LuvChyld79's Avatar
    Just saw The Happening. I'm mortified by how horrible it was. Please don't waste your money on this crap. .001/5
    "I turned off the AC. First one to have a bead of neck sweat reach your butt crack wins." -Family Guy
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Sometimes I fall down so I have to wear a helmet | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wood coasters hurt my bum | Steel Roller Coaster: Acme Gravity Powered Roller Ride

With the recent events at Universal Studios, I felt it was in my best honor to view each of the "Back to the Future" movies. BTTF started in 1985, when I was only 7 years old.

Favorite character of the three movies...Thomas Wilson who played the entire Biff Tannen family.

Why?

"Make like a tree and get out of here."
    "That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship."
    "I'll hunt you and shoot you down like a duck."

Seems to me the Tannen's have been big on bully, small on brains.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Just got back from You Don't Mess With the Zohan.

It was a little better than I was expecting. Several laughs and plenty of stars from pretty much all of Adam Sandler's old movies.

4.5/5

Big thrills. Small hills. 89magnumxl200's Avatar
    Santa Clause Conquers The Martians

Pure awesomeness. 5/5

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    LOL. What???? Why have i not heard of this?

Be Kind Rewind
    A good movie with some moments that really had me laughing. All of their own home-made Hollywood movies were great and had me laughing.
    4/5

Jumper
    Didn't know what to expect with this one, but I did enjoy it. A little short, but the fight scenes were cool. Samuel L. Jackson with white hair reminded me of that Sisqo guy from a few years back.
    3.5/5

I just saw Get Smart today. It was pretty good, but only for a viewing or two I think. 3.5/5

James
    Last movie I saw was....

The Gods Must Be Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by edh101985 View Post
    Saw the Strangers today. Not gonna lie, I am double checking the locks tonight before I go to sleep. The movie kept you on the edge of your seat, and had me jumping in quite a few parts. The scary part is it is based of true events. 4/5

I want to see this movie but it's no more true than snakes under S:UF.

I saw The Happening last week. It was bad. 3/10
    M. Night Shymamalmnanyly is going downhill with each successive film he makes.

I saw The Incredible Hulk yesterday. I liked it a lot. The action and acting are both good but I would've liked if it went more into the story of his origin since this wasn't a sequel to Hulk (2003) but a restart of the series much in the same way Batman Begins was to Batman. Overall, I give Incredible Hulk 8/10.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Big thrills. Small hills. 89magnumxl200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carowinds 73-03 View Post
    LOL. What???? Why have i not heard of this?
    My brother got it in a collection of 50 "classic" sci-fi movies on DVD. The movie's not what I thought it was though; he ends up conquering them with love, not with semi-automatic rifles and rockets as I had hoped, but it's still hilarious.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

WOW! I'll have to look this move up on Netflix when i get back.

I saw "The Happening". It was pretty clear that he was making a political statement, just like he did with "The Village." Other than that, I thought it was ok.
    "Ok, fat ***, we've just traveled 2,460 miles just for a little Roy Wally entertainment. The moose says you're closed. I say you're open!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

Get Smart
    Decent. Not the best comedy I've ever seen. Not the best action movie I've ever seen. But it has some good bits on both fronts. Steve Carrel and Alan Arkin need to make about a hundred more movies together. They are brilliant. 3.5/5

Saw Camp Rock this weekend. Great movie with a really good cast. Not quite a High School Musical but it was good and had some very good musical numbers.

I'd give it 7 out of 10 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by coasterlove View Post
    I saw The Incredible Hulk yesterday. I liked it a lot. The action and acting are both good but I would've liked if it went more into the story of his origin since this wasn't a sequel to Hulk (2003) but a restart of the series much in the same way Batman Begins was to Batman. Overall, I give Incredible Hulk 8/10.
    I much preferred how they did the origin stuff in the opening credits. The movie didn't have to waste any time with it and was able to go right into the story.

That said, I just got back from the movie and absolutely loved it. I really love how the whole Marvel Universe is finally coming together in these movies. All the talk of SHIELD in both Iron Man and Hulk, plus Tony Stark making an appearance in this movie to mention the team () he is putting together. Great action, and one of the greatest fight scenes I have ever seen in a super hero movie.
    Plus, it was totally awesome getting to see the Hulk tear up Yonge Street in downtown Toronto. A ton of famous stores and clubs were right in shot as Hulk took on Abomination.
    9/10

Hey, you gotta be careful about those spoilers. Not everyone knew about the Stark scene at the end. I knew about it because I had saw that scene somewhere on TV but I wish I hadn't, it would've been a nice surprise. The scene was a good one.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Oops, I thought it was a known thing since it was posted on a bunch of websites that Downy Jr. had a scene in the movie.

Wanted is the best movie I've seen this Summer! Is was great.

Also, if you haven't seen The Hammer starring Adam Carolla, check it out. It was very funny and very enjoyable!
    2009: 3/1-Disney Hollywood Studios,3/2-Magic Kingdom,4/23-Epcot Center,4/24-Busch Gardens Africa, 4/25-Wild Adventures (Valdosta Ga),7/15-Ghost Town in the Sky,7/16-Ober Gatlinburg,7/17-Dollywood

I have Steelers fever rckrazy06's Avatar
    WOW! I just got back from seeing Get Smart and I have to say, absolutely hilarious! And the actual plot was good too, rarely do you see comedies that are good movies for more than the comedy itself, the action and special effects were awesome. 9.5/10!!!!!!
    LETS GO BUCS!!!!!!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force - Cedar Point

I just saw Kung Fu Panda today, and it is a good, funny movie. Great CG.

I also saw Wall-E recently, and I say Kung Fu Panda is better. The movie is shoving stupid environmental crap down your throat before you breathe the last fact down. The only things cool about it are the CG, and the robots.
    Last edited by coastergeek25; 06-30-2008 at 09:39 PM.

on top of a mountain, four hours from any type of roller coaster
    ^ How in the world is it shoving enviromental crap down your throat?

The setting is a trashed covered earth 700+ years in the future... they show that, and they move on. They never even preached about it once.
    "If Seeing is Believing, then Believe that we have Lost our Eyes"

- Andy Hull, Manchester Orchestra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: fjfjfjf

They are saying we are trashing the earth, and that we are to lazy with the fat ppl on the floating chairs. They don't preach it yes, but that is what the message is.

Look lets not turn this into a flaming thread.
    Last edited by coastergeek25; 07-01-2008 at 10:06 PM.

on top of a mountain, four hours from any type of roller coaster
    ^ They said the setting in the movie the people trashed the earth. I never heard any thing directed at us. maybe thats just me though...
    "If Seeing is Believing, then Believe that we have Lost our Eyes"

- Andy Hull, Manchester Orchestra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: fjfjfjf

i will eat your souls LuvChyld79's Avatar
    I thought we were trashing the earth...
    "I turned off the AC. First one to have a bead of neck sweat reach your butt crack wins." -Family Guy
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Sometimes I fall down so I have to wear a helmet | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wood coasters hurt my bum | Steel Roller Coaster: Acme Gravity Powered Roller Ride

I saw WALL-E the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Take what you want from it, but I felt the emotion Pixar emulates through the little robot and his friend were amazing! The graphics were spectacular, the soundtrack (which I have) is wonderful and I am going to get it when it comes out on DVD!

I saw Indiana Jones a few weeks ago. I prefer WALL-E. But Jones was a good show. Thought the final twist was a bit of a stretch, but it's Indy, he can do what he wants! Thought Louis Stevens, uh, I mean Shia LaBeouf, did a great job.
    ThrillNetwork Editor (past tense: lectricShark)
    Never forget justice is what love looks like in public. -- OXFAM

And in the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags AstroWorld or Six Flags Over Texas. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone (RIP). | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan.

Wall-E
    See avatar and signature.
    5/5

I saw U2 3D in IMAX.

Here's the official summary: U2 3D is a groundbreaking film that brings the world’s most popular band to Austin's only IMAX Theatre in a totally new and engaging way...and is back by popular demand.

The first ever live-action 3D concert film — shot in South America during the final leg of the band's “Vertigo” tour — it immerses the audience in an all-enveloping and thrilling cinematic experience. Advanced digital 3D imagery and cutting-edge surround sound technology are coupled for the first time to bring a concert to life.

U2 3D captivates onscreen with a set list including such seminal U2 songs as “Pride (In the Name of Love),” “New Year’s Day,” “Sunday Bloody Sunday,” “Miss Sarajevo,” “Where the Streets Have No Name,” “With or Without You,” “Fly” and “One,” as well as more recent tracks such as “Beautiful Day,” “Vertigo,” “Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own,” “Love and Peace or Else” and “Yahweh.”

Courtesy: National Geographic Cinema VenturesU2 3D combines music, performance and technology on bold new terms. You have the best seat in the house — and, even better, you are right there with Bono, The Edge, Larry and Adam as you experience their music. This breakthrough film reflects the band’s longstanding embrace of technology by marrying it with the unique excitement of a live U2 concert, taking viewers on an extraordinary cinematic journey – and into a new dimension far beyond other concert films. U2 3D, a 3ality Digital Production, will be released worldwide by National Geographic Entertainment. Click here to visit the official U2 3D website.
    It was really cool. The sound was set to near concert level, the 3D effects made it so you could see the actual sweat going down Bono's face (hah) and the crowd was HUGE! You really felt like you were actually in the concert. I noticed dozens of heads bobbing to the beat of the song, and a couple of people dancing in their seats. There are cool 3D effects with text tossed in, and a fun "bonus" at the end. If this comes to your area, or you see it being shown at an IMAX, I encourage you to see it!
    ThrillNetwork Editor (past tense: lectricShark)
    Never forget justice is what love looks like in public. -- OXFAM

And in the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags AstroWorld or Six Flags Over Texas. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone (RIP). | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan.

Saw Wall-E last night.
    Pixar has done it again, and made another great movie. I believe that's 9 now. I have yet to see a Pixar movie I haven't liked. I liked the play on 2001: A Space Odyssey (even though I hate that movie) and thought that Pixar did an amazing job on portraying emotions with barely any talking. My only question about the movie is why BNL didn't use Wall-A's for the clean up, seems like they would get the job done much faster.
    An easy 5/5

Coastergeek25...I really don't see how you got "environmental garbage" being pushed down your throat out of that movie. If there was any "political message" in the movie, I would have to say that it's that giant global organizations are running (the CEO of the company was the President of Earth) and destroying our earth.

Get Smart - 4/5. The penis jokes got old and I don't find slapstick humor very funny, which is why there is no 5th star. Otherwise it was a very funny movie. A lot of people didn't catch "The Office-like" comedy that was presented, and that humor made the movie a lot better for me. I thought Hiro from Heroes did a great job.

Hot Rod - 4.5/5 - I have seen this movie a number of times, but I never posted about it. It has to be one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long, long time. The only thing that sucks is Andy Samberg's overacting, which occasionally turned out funny. So many people wrote this off as a stupid movie, thinking it was all about slapstick humor, but it's not and it's much better than that. The writer did a great job at choosing genuinely funny moments and lines for the characters to say, and the character development in this movie is amazing (especially with Rod). I could quote this movie all afternoon.
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure