Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 2880

Thread: Last movie you saw?

Tuesday I decided to check out our new downtown theater (the first one in downtown Charlotte in 30 years!)...

Yes Man

I didn't think it was as awful as the media made it out to be, but it's pretty average but with a few laughs.

3/5
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313 ** Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten

Vote For Royaland of NASCAR in the 2014 Coaster Draft!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I just saw Dark Knight for its full length on the small living room screen for the first time. I was bummed my Circuit City edition didn't come with a cardboard cover. I thought the Joker cover is exclusive but I believe all the 2 discs came with that cover and then the cardboard cover of the motorcycle breaking through the window.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Ride Warrior 1969
    Bedtime Stories, The Spirit, Marley and Me and Benjamin Button. 4 movies within 12 hours. I work at a movie theater and I have control of the projectors.

Carowinds Hater Poster coasterman1234's Avatar
    Just picked up my copy of Eagle Eye on Blu-Ray. Seems the local Best Buy doesn't feel like using the official release date, but I'm glad. This was my favorite movie of the year, with Dark Knight coming in a very close second. I loved the story, and the excellent acting on everyone's part, and it was very entertaining throughout the entire movie. 5/5
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point & Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka & Goliath (SFOG)

Bolt

What is up with Disney making good animation again? Meet The Robinsons was good, and now Bolt!

Maybe the guys at Pixar are having an influence on them. I think Walt would be pleased.

The guy that played Rino the hampster though, really made the movie. He was hillarious.

I also didn't notice until the credits that John Travolta had sang with Miley on the main song in the movie.

4/5
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313 ** Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten

Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I just saw Employee of the Month. It's all about eye candy: Jessica Simpson. Neat setting: Warehouse club. Watching it Saturday night it apparently triggered the Jessica Simpson curse on the Dallas Cowboys once again as the next day my team beat them.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    We were going to go see Valkyrie Saturday, but the line at the theater was all the way out the door. I told my wife "I won't wait in a line like that for anything unless it has a 140+ foot first drop."
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

I finally saw Invincible, the Walt Disney movie every Philadelphia EAGLES and NFL fan needs to see. Coach Dick Vermeil held an open tryout when he first became EAGLES coach to rally support for the lousy team he took over from the city of Philadelphia. A real candidate came through, South Philly local Vince Papale. He made the team though he never played college football playing special teams for 3 seasons. He was Philly's real life Rocky. I've seen him a couple times in person the last few years. This year I saw Dick Vermeil in person as well. The movie bridged my familiarity, relationship with older former players like Bill Bergey and Ron Jaworski as well. It's really an inspiring occasion as a fan when I see them.
    Last edited by Leo C; 12-30-2008 at 12:43 PM.

Persepolis

Such a good little animation movie about life in Iran (after the fall of the Shah) told through a little girls eyes. It's semi-auto biographical, but as she said some things are changed for the story's sake.

4.5/5

Ultra Poster
    Last movie I saw in theaters was Bedtime Stories. It was a very enjoyable movie with a few good scenes. I think it will have some staying power in the theaters.

rating 4/5
    Michael C
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Canobie Lake Park Salom NH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankie Canonball Canobie lake park Salom NH | Steel Roller Coaster: Ming Bender SFOG

Saw Yes man at the movies a couple weeks ago. Supposed to go out tonight but not sure what we will see.
    "Ok, fat ***, we've just traveled 2,460 miles just for a little Roy Wally entertainment. The moose says you're closed. I say you're open!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    I just watched National Lampoon's Vacation this morning, which is kind of funny because of Griswold's signature.^
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, FullThrottle, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

Just watched The Dark Knight, finally on DVD on Thursday night. Who knew psycho terrorists that wear nurses uniforms and wear makeup can be so awesome!?
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Bought Bender's Game today.

Awesome movie; great to see something new from Futurama and I will definitely buy the other movies. Loved all of the character alter egos in the Dungeon world, and couldn't help but laugh at the Water Nympho.

5/5

Big thrills. Small hills. 89magnumxl200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    I finally saw Invincible, the Walt Disney movie every Philadelphia EAGLES and NFL fan needs to see. Coach Dick Vermeil held an open tryout when he first became EAGLES coach to rally support for the lousy team he took over from the city of Philadelphia. A real candidate came through, South Philly local Vince Papale. He made the team though he never played college football playing special teams for 3 seasons. He was Philly's real life Rocky. I've seen him a couple times in person the last few years. This year I saw Dick Vermeil in person as well. The movie bridged my familiarity, relationship with older former players like Bill Bergey and Ron Jaworski as well. It's really an inspiring occasion as a fan when I see them.
    He may not have played in college, but what they don't tell you is that he played for the Philadelphia Bell of the WFL for two years, and his performance on that team is what got him noticed in the first place. It's still a good story, but it was definately Hollywood-ized for the movie.

As for the last movie I saw, it was Tropic Thunder. I thought it was pretty funny. I don't know why, but I found the land mine scene frickin' hilarious. Does that make me a sick person? 4.8/5

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Bought Honey, I Shrunk the Kids last night. For a movie that's 20 years old, it was still pretty good.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

I went to see Defiance at the theater this past weekend. Decent movie, not the director's best work (being Blood Diamond imo), but still a very interesting story and a fair amount of action. It seemed a bit repetitive, but overall I would still say 4/5.
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point & Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka & Goliath (SFOG)

I just finished watching Ghostbusters 2.
    Not as good as the first (but how often is a sequel better?) but still enjoyable. You just gotta love the 80s pop and rap songs thrown in along the way. Plus controlling the Statue of Liberty with a Nintendo controller...awesome.
    3.5/5

...and keeping with the 80s movies...

Tonight I watched Coming To America.

The movie is brilliant when it's Hall and Murphy doing the different characters. When it goes back to a conventional rom/com, it's just mediocre really.

3/5.

p.s. It was weird again seeing the Twin Towers standing there in a movie. It's funny how I know that section beside the river so well now, and I've never actually been there in real life. When they were walking to the left, I was thinking the Trade Center would be coming up in the shot.

Napolon Dynamite
    Like what my cousin said, you need to be drunk and with a large group in order to understand that movie.
    It wasn't me, I swear!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Mindbender

Saw Eagle Eye on my flight home from Orlando.
    Good movie, pretty much what I expected out of it. I never got a chance to see it in theaters, and it was a free movie on the plane, so it was nice I didn't really have to pay for it. I liked it, I'd see it again.
    4/5

Saw Confessions of a Shopaholic with my girlfriend last night. I actually didn't mind it. Had some good laughs and wasn't too romantic. Better than I thought it would be.
    4/5

Isla Fisher = nice.

They're watching Mama MIA downstairs. I don't want to watch it.

I want to see Slumdog Millionaire.

Taken
    Best of the year, great acting, plot, and pacing. 5/5

Friday the 13th
    Standard "date-movie" horror film. Could have been substantially better 2/5

The International
    Interesting plot, a little slow though 4/5
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!

^ And where have you been hiding?

I keep hearing Taken is great.

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    It is. I saw it last week and it really is as good as everyone's saying. The movie kept my attention the entire 2 hours so thats a plus.

Friday The 13th: This one was pretty good. Not as good as the first 3-4 but by far better than 7-10 I'll give it 3/5 stars!

Also for everyone who never got a chance to see RENT live in NY or even at home with the touring cast a DVD has just been released of the filming of the very last performance on broadway. Very emotional for any big RENT fan. Yes i cried a little. 5/5 Stars.

If you watch Taken, watch the European version. It's been on DVD for a while over there, but they only recently released the toned down pg-13 version into theatres over here. So if you want the REAL movie you've got to watch it how it was intended to be. Liam Neeson kicks some serious ass in it.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

I saw two movies this past week:

Mall Cop: Hilarious movie 4/5

Friday the 13th: It was pretty awesome. Nice to see an updated Jason movie 4/5
    "Life is tough, but life is tougher if you're stupid"-John Wayne
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast and Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Star Wars episode III Revenge of the Sith
    It wasn't me, I swear!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Mindbender

Donnie Darko

Very strange movie... I'm not sure what to even give it as far as a rating goes... it was entertaining, but very odd.
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!

I saw Watchmen yesterday. It was good but some things could have been better. Rorschach was awesome. Overall, I liked it. 4.183572/5