Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 2880

Thread: Last movie you saw?

I went and seen Dance Flick. It was actually pretty funny. I had no clue that it was like the Scary Movies because it like used scenes from lots of other movies. Some parts in the movie were kinda lame, but overall it was really funny.

4.5/5
    "Life is tough, but life is tougher if you're stupid"-John Wayne
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast and Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Just saw Drag Me To Hell.

It took me back to Evil Dead and Army of Darkness days. Which means it was awesome! The intro scene had me a little worried about how good the movie was going to be but once I realized it was classic Sam Raimi it instantly became my favorite movie of 09 so far.

A must see!

9/10 easily
    "foolish earthlings, cower before the awesome techno onslaught of nine-hundred-and-nine robots dancing in unison"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Up

I don't think I have ever been this sad during a Pixar movie. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but there were a few parts where I could just feel my eyes swelling up. It had a great story to it, and was just a lot of fun; I will definitely buy this one when it's out on video. Only thing that bugged me was that there was a small bug crawling over the projection window, so there was a black spot on the movie for awhile.

5/5

Big thrills. Small hills. 89magnumxl200's Avatar
    Up: Meh. It was alright storywise, but I just didn't find it to be all that great. The laughs were few, and there was too much depressing crap. I'm tired of these depressing animated films lately. It's alright to have some adversity, but they're getting too involved in emotions. It makes death present almost the entire film, which is just too much for a comedic family movie.

3.5/5

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

I really don't think Up was supposed to be a comedic family movie.
    Family movie; yes.
    Comedic; not so much.

Big thrills. Small hills. 89magnumxl200's Avatar
    Even at that, It was still too depressing. I miss the old Pixar.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Carowinds/HRP South Carolina JEdMc91's Avatar

Smile

last film in theaters....DRAG ME TO HELL, which i could say is a funny horror film, which made us laugh and jump plenty of times lol.
    8.5/10

Last night I saw
    Role Models-----6/10

and some more i saw recently
    Bled (Blockbuster) 1/10 Horrible
    Bedtime Stories 7/10 Alright
    Kung Fu Panda 8/10 Good

Over the past day or so I watched a movie I was BAND!11!!!1! from watching as a 10 year old in 1982.

You're wondering what horrific R rated movie was this...

Six Pack - Rated PG - Starring Kenny Rogers. Seriously.

I won tickets on a local country station (when I still listened to country) and I was told by my parents that I could keep the LP but not go to the movie because it was probably about alcohol!

Funny thing is that we probably would have been walked out by my mother if we had gone because of all the cursing the little munchkins say in the movie.

I was totally unaware before watching it that the movie actually had real talent in there: Anthony Michael Hall and Diane Lane were 2 of the 6 kids!

It was a nice surprise to hear them announce Dale Earnhardt (Sr) over the intercom at Atlanta Speedway. He wasn't even driving under #3 then.

It was actually an ok little movie, but a complete rip off of Bad News Bears. Just in NASCAR. In some ways it was a rip off of The Dukes of Hazzard, you have an evil sheriff with a dumb deputy, you can see where this is going.

It was also a nice look back at how far NASCAR has come in 25 years.

I'm feeling kind with this one... 3.5/5
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    I just got around to watching Wild Hogs with Tim Allen the other day. That movie is so hilarious that I was laughing through the whole movie. Then I watched The Shaggy Dog with Tim Allen. That's another movie that is very funny. Really any movie with Tim Allen in it is funny.

Wild Hogs-4.5/5
    The Shaggy Dog-4/5
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

I just saw The Hangover last Thursday night while most people were watching Transformers. I love how the credits tie in all the loose ends.

My sister was watching edited for basic cable: Borat, the other day. In the background I was listening. I was disappointed to hear his voice after last seeing the movie a year or two before was way worse than my imitations actually. I do a better Eastern European voice.
    Last edited by Leo C; 06-30-2009 at 11:07 PM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I rented Gran Torino last week...good movie, some sad parts in it
    Life is a journey....enjoy the ride....
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Carowinds | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Road | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba

Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe followed by Prince Caspian
    Both were very good movies but didn't follow the book as much as I expected. Both books are around 100 pages long, so you would assume that most scenes would be in the movies, but so many things were changed, removed, or added, it was barely like the books at all. However, I enjoyed both movies very much and have about 3 more books in the series to read. It's also weird to see that Lion, the Witch, and Wardrobe is actually the second book in the series and Prince Caspian is the fourth. Another great plus to the movies is Anna Popplewell
    Both get 4.5/5

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen
    The movie met pretty much all of my expectations except for Devastator and the Constructicons. I was really hoping there would be more of them, they are such badass robots, but only lasted a few minutes in the movie. I also think they could have added more to the whole Fallen/Primes story line instead of the very small backstory they gave. I mean the movie is 2.5hrs long, give us more origins with who they are, who created them, etc. Other than those two complaints, I still enjoyed the movie quite a bit; not as much as the first, but still good. I also had no idea the guy on the satellite was Soundwave until someone told me the next day. I couldn't believe he went from the small CD Player to a huge robot sitting on a satellite.
    4/5

I saw Bruno at midnight. I'm shaking my head in disgust.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Ride Warrior 1969
    Ice Age 3, Harry Potter HBP to follow

Ride Warrior 1969

I Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    I saw Bruno at midnight. I'm shaking my head in disgust.
    I work at a movie theater as a projectionist and previewed it when the key was good. I must agree it was the nastiest movie I have ever seen so far.

Monsters vs. Aliens

First, it seems true that Hollywood has run out of ideas (except Pixar of course). This movie was one part Old B Horror Movie from the 50s, one part Mars Attacks! and one part Dr. Strangelove.

The only real joke I liked (SPOILER) was General W.R. Monger (as in War Monger). LOL

Most of the jokes fell flat and the writing was just mediocre otherwise.

It wasn't awful, but it wasn't that good either IMHO.

3/5

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Alvin and the Chipmunks
    It wasn't me, I swear!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Mindbender

Gran Torino

Four words: Clint Eastwood is bad@$$. 'Nuff said.

Seen I Love You, Beth Cooper today with my girlfriend. If you have seen the previews, then you have seen the best parts of the movie. I didn't think it was that great. Honestly, I didn't wanna see it, but my girlfriend did and plus everything else that looked worth watching was rated R and I'm just 15.
    "Life is tough, but life is tougher if you're stupid"-John Wayne
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast and Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Before I begin with my movie review, let me remind some people that the point of this thread is to give a review for the movie you saw. It's not a survey telling us what movie you saw because we don't care...unless you give us a review.

Last movie I saw was Bruno. I thought it was hilarious! I don't get offended by almost anything so the outrageous stuff in the movie doesn't faze me and I sometimes like shocking humor. With that said, if you saw Borat and thought it was too much then this movie is definitely not for you. It's been a while since I laughed this much at a movie. The only negative was that it felt too similar to Borat. The main characters both played by Sasha Baron Cohen are different but the outline of the movie is almost identical. If and when you see the movie, you'll know what I mean.

Other than that though, I thought the movie was great and achieved what it set out to do.

9/10

One funny thing related to the movie is that my girlfriend's parents and grandmother thought it looked funny and would have probably thought about renting it when it released on DVD. Upon hearing that, I begged my girlfriend not to tell them we saw it or about the content in it. Her family is very conservative and would've shocked the hell out of them. It would certainly be a moment to be a fly on the wall in that house if it happened.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    WOW! Even worse than I expected! I'm thoroughly sick of the three leads by now, most of the plot was barely reminiscent of the book, and the writing was pitiful.
    Fail^10
    2/5 for the spectacular visuals and for Maggie Smith being cooler than everyone else in the world.

I think Bruno completed what it set out to do but I just have the wrong thoughts resonating in the head walking out of the place. Didn't want to remember that.

I guess I Love You Beth Cooper is only worth renting on Redbox.

Harry Potter 6

In regard to the review above, I actually LIKED this film, so much better than the last one. Phoenix was so boring and didn't make a lot of sense.

This one however was funny, and moved along "OK". It was a bit slow at times.

Fanboys
    Hilarious. The whole Trekkie vs. Star Wars fans thing throughout the movie was great; not to mention all the cameos and a good number of celebs made this movie great. I couldn't stop laughing.
    5/5

The Ugly Truth
    Took my girlfriend to see this one to kill some time. Not as funny as I thought it would be, but still had some laughs.
    3.5/5

The Devils Wears Prada
    Another movie with my girlfriend. I think the only thing I really enjoyed in this movie was Anne Hathaway.
    3.5/5

Departures (Okuribito)
    Fantastic! This was way, way better than most of the crap America puts out. Take the time to see it when it's in your area. You'll be reading subtitles.
    5/5

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
    Probably one of the best Harry Potter films so far. I really enjoyed this one, but think that Ron really made the movie this time. I also loved seeing Quidditch back in the movie after not even being shown in Order of the Phoenix. Just kind of sucks that once you read the book you already know how it ends. Still though, can't wait for the two Deathly Hallows movies.
    5/5

Quote Originally Posted by coasterlove View Post
    One funny thing ... is that my girlfriend's parents and grandmother thought it looked funny and would have probably thought about renting it when it released on DVD. Upon hearing that, I begged my girlfriend not to tell them we saw it or about the content in it. Her family is very conservative and would've shocked the hell out of them. It would certainly be a moment to be a fly on the wall in that house if it happened.
    I had a similar experience with my mother. She saw that Steve Carrel was starring in the 40 year old virgin and figured it might be a good movie. I quickly talked her out of it, mentioning the numerous instances of swearing.

Multiple instances of swearing generally for the purpose of swearing is what turns my parents off from a lot of movies that I enjoy.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    I'm going to see Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince tomorrow. Judging how the previous movies have steadily gone downhill, I don't know what to expect.

EDIT: Just saw the movie today, and I was impressed. The Harry Potter movies have turned it around since the 4th and 5th. I just hope that the 7th movie(s) will be as good. The best Harry Potter movie since the 3rd. 5/5.
    Last edited by Racer; 08-05-2009 at 06:29 PM.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

I agree, the fourth and fifth movies weren't as good as the other three.

Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince
    It wasn't me, I swear!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Mindbender

G.I. Joe

I had already read some reviews and the critics didn't seem very happy, but with AMC still doing $5 movies before Noon, you know what I did Friday.

First my criticism of the critics:

Yes, movie critic, G.I. Joe isn't Oscar worthy. Wow, do you really expect every blockbuster movie to be? Did Iron Man or Dark Knight get best picture nods last year? What? No? Well then stop freaking out about these movies. Rant over.

I went into this movie with very little knowledge of the story lines of the 80s show or the comic book. I grew up in that age, but for some reason Joe just never appealed to me.

Joe is definitely a popcorn flick in its truest form. Stuff blows up, its loud, its fun, need I say more.

There were only a few complaints I had about the movie:

1- The CGI looks terrible in some of the scenes, but for the most part it was ok to good. But not consistent.

2- Wayans was a poor choice in my opinion. All of his comedy for the most part fell flat and he was just ok otherwise.

3- *SPOILER* - It seemed to me that many of the action scenes were straight rip offs of James Bond and Star Wars movies. Even some of the lighting looked the same and it was just really kind of strange.

Overall I enjoyed the movie, but probably won't be buying the DVD.

3.5/5