Thread: New Member

Minetrain Poster TopThrillDouger's Avatar

Thumbs up New Member

Hi there, I am a new member to the group. I know a little bit about roller coasters and have rode about 20-25 of them in my lifetime. I would like to get to know them a lot better and also become an active member in the group.

Please feel free to send me an email at dougerz@netzero.com
    dougtrovinger@yahoo.com or give me a ring on AOL IM at PDXWinterhawks04.

I feel honored to be part of one of the most awesome coaster groups out there.

Feel free to email or chat anytime.
    TopThrillDouger

Welcome to the hizzle fo shizzle dawg...
    Millennium Force Crew '05
    Magnum Crew '06

Proud member of the Notre Dame Class of 2008
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jack Rabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

Welcome to your worst nightmare Douger just kidding

We're a pretty fun group of people and aren't too hard on newbies.

Check out the FAQ that will answer a lot of questions and save some headaches.

Welcome aboard!
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    Welcome to the party.

Giga Poster
    Welcome to TN.

Welcome to TN! Have Fun
    http://www.invisionfree.com/forums/graphixnetworks
    -free graphixs
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knots Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Quote Originally Posted by beltzies64
    Welcome to the hizzle fo shizzle dawg...
    LOL. Same here dawg. Welcome. Hope you like it here.

Loayal to my own home town. MaGnUmKeLly's Avatar
    DOUGIE I have one thing to say to you MEOW....
    Nice to see you on the boards.
    THE OHIO STATE UNIV SUGAR BOWL CAMPS!!!!!!. .
    Here we go Brownies Here we go Woof Woof SCREW PISSBURG!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast At Night..., Jack Rabbit Kennywood | Steel Roller Coaster: MAGNUM XL 200 THE BEST OUT THERE...MAGNUM RIDE OPS RULE....HOOOLLLDDD

Welcome to the Network. Have fun!!

Banned
    Greetings and welcome to TN. Hope you have fun!! Party on

Oh Dougie I forgot to tell you about robert. He is very crazy...he seems to come to Cedar Point and ride that Magnum ride.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast At Night..., Jack Rabbit Kennywood | Steel Roller Coaster: MAGNUM XL 200 THE BEST OUT THERE...MAGNUM RIDE OPS RULE....HOOOLLLDDD

Thanks for the warm welcome. I rode Magnum 8 times last night to give me a total of 15 for the season. I was offered a challenge to ride the coaster 100 times in a season. I just about doubled my ride count last night (had 7) so that I can get the thrill of marathoning a coaster...more rides tomorrow

And Kelly, only you (and Rusty) would MEOW on the board, lol.

Douger

Quote Originally Posted by TopThrillDouger

And Kelly, only you (and Rusty) would MEOW on the board, lol.

Douger
    Well me and "rusty" wont be becuase he decided that I am not good enough for him...
    I told you my depression would get the best of me
    Well you know where I am...

Editor, Moderator, etc.
    hey I'll probably see you around CP sometime if you're trying for 100 rides for the season, I'm there enough even though I live like 800 miles from there. *cripes*
    Welcome to TN!
    ~me.

Cool Magnum Update & Suggestions

You know, I haven't marathoned ever before and believe me, it is tough on your body. Before 6/26, I had just 7 Rides on the coaster. We had a ride night where I went on the coaster a few times. Then, when the challenge was presented, I began to marathon. The basic challenge was to see if I could get to 100 rides in a season...

Today is 6/29... . Yes, I still have about 2 1/2 months left to ride Maggie but I have 25 rides on her. I had 8 my first marathon and then 10 last night...my body feels a little bit weak from the riding and I know that some of you guys here on TN can ride a coaster 40, 50, 60, 70, and even 80+ times in a day...how do you do it?

Also, how do you suggest I continue to marathon. It seems like that in an hour and a half, I can get about 10 rides in? I don't want to over do it of course, but I want to get a decent amount of rides in and get to the goal as quick as possible.

Finally, how would you suggest I celebrate the 100th ride on a coaster? I have to admit, my first coaster was Thunderbolt at Kennywood and I didn't even know I rode a coaster until after I got off the booger? I have 25 coasters to my credit thus far from 3 parks but hope to do more, lots more in the future...

Please offer your suggestions and support. Feel free to email me or ICQ me if you want.

Douger
    25 Rides of Maggie 6/29

Banned
    ^ You shouldn't have any trouble getting 100 rides on Magnum or anything else. I averaged about 100 Magnum rides per week last year. Just go about any given Sunday and you should be able to get a good 50 rides.

If you want to celebrate, then make a sign announcing your 100th ride, place it on a clipboard (so it will remain flat and also won't fly away), and hold it up for the camera. Then buy the picture.

Have fun!!

Banned
    Welcome to Thrill Network!

Have fun!

Welcome Douger, seems like you already know Kelly, so I guess she'll show you the ropes. Anyway, have fun.

Just so you get to know alittle about me, I am what most on this site call a GP, and I think marathoning on a coaster is a waste of time, but that's just my very own opinion and I don't put down those who do it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leeloo1953
    ...I think marathoning on a coaster is a waste of time...
    Why wouldn't someone want to ride his/her favorite coaster over and over?

Example: Which do you think I'd rather do? Follow the herd to some crap ride and wait for about an hour (and not even get to ride due to weather) or ride my favorite ride about 7 times in that same timeframe? I'd really be surprised, leeloo, if you'd pick wasting an hour not riding anything over riding the Beast several times.

If it's not a favorite (or for a good cause), then I'd agree.

In any case, Doug, I'm sure you'll get your 100th ride in due time. Please keep us updated on your progress.

I have to agree with Magnum Robert and Leeloo on their sides of the issue. Sure, it can be a waste of time to some, but for me, this is the first time I have marathoned. I mean, its like something I haven't experienced before when it comes to a coaster...heck, I have marathoned watching a TV network (GSN--gotta love it ), but this is totally different.

Magnum is a great ride to me. The pretzel, bunny hills (which feels like you're in a kangaroo's pouch when you are in the ejector seat getting bounced around), and first drop is what is appealing to me. Then again, everyone who has a favorite ride I guess like some unique part of it.

However, the marathon continues when I get free time...next time I can ride will be Tuesday which I will have about 4-5 hours of riding...but trust me, when I get to ride 99, I will stop and wait for some friends (and Magnum Robert, please join the fun if you would like to) to have the 100th ride with...something that I never thought I could do on one coaster.

Also, I may want to go to Hershey, Holiday World, or Michigan's Advenutre...and that is where I will have my 25th coaster ...but I will keep you posted on what it is.

Later, Douger.
    Check out my website: http://www.dougerz.com
    A Positive Change For The Future
    Proud 8 - season veteran of Cedar Point ('98-'05)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Actually Robert, I can take riding The Beast about 3 times in a row and that's it. So, yes, I'd rather follow the herd to wait for a different ride. Sorry, it's just how I feel, nothing against you or anybody else who likes to ride the same ride again and again, I just don't! To me, riding the same ride over and over again, even if it were my favorite, would end up being boring. Sorry, but I think what makes a ride really special, and one you really look forward to, is one you don't get to ride all that often. But this is just me, it's not you people who really love to marathon.

It's just me, no reason for any of you marathoners to take my post personal, it's just my opinion. OK??

Robert, no, I would not, could not ride the Beast 7 times in a row, I'd end up getting sick of it!

As I posted, marathoning to me is a waste of time, but I also said, it's my very own opinion. No reason for anybody to take it personally!

Doug, I hope you accomplish your goal. If marathoning is something you like to do, than damn it go for it!

PS...no Robert, I just don't like riding the same ride over and over again. But that is just me, and I have nothing against anybody who enjoyes doing that. I'm not an "enthusiast", I never have been and I never will be! I ride coasters for the fun, and I do not ride them over and over again, I just don't like to do that. And I think I should be allowed to feel that way, even on a rollercoaster site!!
    Last edited by leeloo1953; 07-03-2004 at 03:18 PM.

Wink

Leeloo1953 wrote:
    Doug, I hope you accomplish your goal. If marathoning is something you like to do, than damn it go for it!
    Thanks for the encouragement. I hope to accomplish it in formidable fashion very soon in the future. I am sure that I will do something exciting for ride 100...but not sure what yet.

Besides, I have to admit that its interesting how many people that I know now likes roller coasters compared to the time before I worked at an amusement park. You guys and gals are in a class yourself (i.e. ACE, ;-))...and I hope to be one soon...

We'll see whats cookin' on the stove when that time comes. Until then, stuff beckons my call (school, work, etc).

Douger
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Can't handle the truth Forrest Gump's Avatar
    Hello, and welcome to Thrill Network! Please remain seated at all times.
    Just posted: 156 photos from Busch Gardens Tampa on Flickr
    Facebook - Twitter - Blog - Flickr - YouTube
    Parks: 23 | Wooden Coasters: 41 | Steel Coasters: 99 | Total Count: 140
    Next trip: Canada's Wonderland, May 14 and 15
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SeaWorld Orlando | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by MaGnUmKeLly
    DOUGIE I have one thing to say to you MEOW....
    Nice to see you on the boards.
    You took my line!!

Well, that is true meow...its an old joke from many years ago when I started at Cedar Point here in 1998. Its cool, I will really miss this place if I have to leave for one reason or another. But for now, the game goes on as they say...:_)

Wait Douger actually I thought my ex made that up. Then again I think he used it to much and made it really old.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leeloo1953
    Robert, no, I would not, could not ride the Beast 7 times in a row, I'd end up getting sick of it!

As I posted, marathoning to me is a waste of time, but I also said, it's my very own opinion. No reason for anybody to take it personally!

PS...no Robert, I just don't like riding the same ride over and over again. But that is just me, and I have nothing against anybody who enjoyes doing that. I'm not an "enthusiast", I never have been and I never will be! I ride coasters for the fun, and I do not ride them over and over again, I just don't like to do that. And I think I should be allowed to feel that way, even on a rollercoaster site!!
    All this coming from someone who marathoned Apollo's Chariot.
    Last edited by Magnum Robert; 07-04-2004 at 03:48 PM.

Well, just to give you all an update, I have 35 rides to my credit to Magnum...haven't been able to ride it in a while because of a bunch of stuff going on...hopefully, I will be able to get on it soon.

Douger

Hey TTD! I hope you enjoy your extended stay at the looniest coaster site on the net that isn't my site.
    THIS ISN'T NORMAL. I'VE GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS HORRENDOUS PLACE.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Raging Wolf Bobs | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull