Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: music downloading software

music downloading software

which software do you use, im trying to find a good software for my new computer im getting, but i dont want alot of pop-ups. I use to have kazaa but it was really slow and gave alot of viruses. any suggestions?

yeah- stop stealing music you filthy crook.
    _____I___N__C__R__E__D__I_____H_U_L_K__7_7___

the best for choice (number of files) is kazza lite - but get the right one!!!! There are loads of fake kazza lites that are full of spyware. You have to be careful to get the genuine program, which is spyware/advert free.

For ease of use, and no worrying about spyware, get winmx [url]www.winmx.com[/url] The choice of files isn't so great but its a good program.

I use winmx, and actually find more files then I ever did with kazaa. . .

I am downloading winmx, i will tell yall what i think about it after i download some songs. Keep on Downloading. ; )

Giga Poster
    I use Napster to download my music but I don't them that much. I'm looking for a better company to use.

Winmx is awesome IMO. It took me just 25 minutes to download a song. That is at a good rate for dial up users. I think I am gonna stick with this one.

Actually, the BEST music software (for Mac and PC) is Limewire. Its ad-free, and allows you to pick a speed to download the music. Such as there will be someone with just a modem connection, or someone with a T3 or higher connection.

I have standard cable and download songs in just 25-30sec. using Limewire. No ads, no pay like Kazaa Lite. And there are loads of users online at all times.

Same with Winmx. They have a row that has the different types of speed. So you can pick the one you have.

I used to donwoad music but stoped because of all of the fines. Do you know if winmix could get you in trouble with the law?

Strata Poster
    Just don't share with anyone else. If all you do is download them you are fine, its the people that upload their songs and sharing them that are getting busted.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Thanks

[QUOTE=Kennywooddude]I used to donwoad music but stoped because of all of the fines. Do you know if winmix could get you in trouble with the law?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry. For a start is person to person with no severs involved in downloading. Make sure (but you should have this anyway) you have a firewall stop anyone taking a look around.

OK, i have one question about winMX. When i have my songs,photos etc in the transfer place, how do i get them to start right away?
    Last edited by sfft_2108; 08-04-2004 at 03:59 PM.

they should start downloading automatically. possibly the other persons connection isn't great. try another - it happens.

How do i pause the download?

Best is Shareaza. Very fast, lots of programs, doens't make computer slow. But if I were you I would stop downloading music. I used but not anymroe, don't want to get caught. Use napster and just buy the songs for 99cents. What can you buy with 99cents anyways a rubberband
    http://www.invisionfree.com/forums/graphixnetworks
    -free graphixs
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knots Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X

P2P sharing is still legal. Just because you download a song doesnt mean you are at risk of being arrested. Why do you think college campuses still allow students to use their network to download music?--because its still legal. Its the copyrighted works that are illegal to download.

As for UT (The University of Tennessee at Knoxville), if you do download an illegal file, they ask you to remove it first, thats it, not slap you with one of those ridiculous fines Kazaa users freaked out over last year.
    Last edited by Andy Hodgson; 08-04-2004 at 05:11 PM.

UT? What's that?
    -free graphixs

University of Tennessee

[QUOTE=Phil]Just don't share with anyone else. If all you do is download them you are fine, its the people that upload their songs and sharing them that are getting busted.[/QUOTE]

If I may add onto this. Don't download massive amounts. The higher authorities still monitor traffic, and if they notice a huge wave going to you, you could potenitally be in a pickle.

Just a note.
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

OK, ive looked over the post, sorry i havent responded i just got off work. Winmx does that have alot of pop ups? and just to add to people saying to stop the downloading there not going to arrest you or fine you, if you dont have massive ammounts the thing i usually do is download them burn onto a cd, delete the songs and then download more. It saves space and less of a risk to get caught.

what I do with winmx to avoid getting sued is only have files in my shared files folder that I know I wont get sued for. . . such as classical music and obscure dance house music. . .. that way it looks like your trading (becuase some people wont let you download from them if you dont have many shared files).

[QUOTE=NYnehalem]what I do with winmx to avoid getting sued is only have files in my shared files folder that I know I wont get sued for. . . such as classical music and obscure dance house music. . .. that way it looks like your trading (becuase some people wont let you download from them if you dont have many shared files).[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought as long as the music you were sharing was copyrighted then its illegal yo share...So you still have that 0.0001% chance of getting sued right?

no, classical music is before copyrights. . . its public domain

Or you could use iTunes and do it all legally.
    "She's waiting for a prince in shining armor, and I don't even know how to put armor on."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Loch Ness Monster

[QUOTE=kjm3388]Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought as long as the music you were sharing was copyrighted then its illegal yo share...So you still have that 0.0001% chance of getting sued right?[/QUOTE]
    Well more like 0.001. More and mroe people are stopping to use it so your chance of getting caught keeps getting higher and higher.
    -free graphixs

How much does itunes cost?

99cents a song. And you can buy the cds as well for good prices. I would use Napster over Itunes because it seems they have more songs.
    -free graphixs

To pause a downlaod, just right click and your'll have some options. But its best to get the track as quickly as possible in case the person dissappears.

Winmix i think does have a feature to download from sveral sources at once, which is useful when you have much more bandwidth than the people you are getting the file from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast