Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Web browser do you use?

What Web browser do you use?

At first i used IE, then i switched to Firefox about 3 weeks ago. Firefoxs worked really good and was really fast, but i couldn't see the glow on my music site and i had to download a lot of plugins. Now I am back to IE.

Which one do you use?
    Last edited by Chip; 09-12-2004 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Post your answer in your first post.

Strata Poster
    I use plain old Internet Explorer because my dad doesn't allow anything to be downloaded on this computer. Othewise I would probably be using Mozilla or something like it.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

I use Internet Explorer with custom skins and slimmed down options. (Basically the bare necessities in IE). I don't find Mozilla all that special. It's just a 3rd party web browser. Wow, I am impressed.....
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L
    I use Internet Explorer with custom skins and slimmed down options. (Basically the bare necessities in IE).
    How do you get custom skins?

I use Avant. It's good because you can have several pages open at once and it will only take up one space on the toolbar. Also, you can make a special arrangement for pages. And, if you exit out of it, it saves the pages and reopens them. It proved to be most convienient.

Quote Originally Posted by sfft_2108
    At first i used IE, then i switched to Firefox about 3 weeks ago. Firefoxs worked really good and was really fast, but i couldn't see the glow on my music site and i had to download a lot of plugins. Now I am back to IE.

Which one do you use?
    Firefox is slower for broadband users than IE.

I too use Advant. It's basically IE with a bunch of added features, including one that I find particuarly useful, the URL Alias feature. If I want to visit TN, for example, instead of typing "thrillnetwork.com" into the address bar, or selecting it from my favorites, all I need to do is type "tn" into the address bar and it automatically takes me to the front page. Pretty handy.
    I also have Firefox as a backup browser.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Quote Originally Posted by sfft_2108
    How do you get custom skins?
    Certain windows skins can be applied to Internet Explorer. You gotta get the right program for it.
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I use Internet Explorer most of the time. Although I do use Netscape sometimes (not very often though)

Also incase anyone is interested Internet Explorer makes up about 85.1% of the wed browsers used on ThrillNetwork. Netscape is second with about 8.1%. Those stats are from August 1st to August 8th 2004.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Banned
    Mozilla Firefox, it's so much better than IE.

Giga Poster
    I use Fire Fox and I like it better than Internet Explorer because it doesn't have a lot of spam.

IE but i want to replace it.

I'm on a Mac, so I use Safari.
    "She's waiting for a prince in shining armor, and I don't even know how to put armor on."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Loch Ness Monster

On my Mac I use Safari and on my PC I use Opera.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Tennessee Tornado

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    Opera. Same basic browser as Firefox (they're both Mozilla based), but it has a lot of other features in it, including a very nice email program built in (I absolutely refuse to use Outlook in any form, and remove it from my computers first thing when I buy them)

Rarely there is a site that won't cooperate with Opera, usually one where they don't recognize it's "security" as I'm trying to do some transactions, so I'll use IE then, but much prefer to use Opera.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

Quote Originally Posted by SFFT_Freak
    Firefox is slower for broadband users than IE.
    I know that cause, Spakrs told me already. He said it is slower. I am saying it is just faster for us dial up users.

EDIT- I just downloaded Avant. I like it a whole lot. It is almost like IE. I think I am going to keep this one. Their is a lot more features i guess. Aaron how do you set up the "URL Alias feature"? I have been looking for it, but can't find it.

EDIT Again- I just found it. It is under tools and then under avant web broswer options, for anyone wanting to know.
    Last edited by sfft_2108; 09-13-2004 at 06:11 PM.

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    mozilla firefox baby!
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Ie is a good browser for broadband connections. It is fast anjd still has some pretty good features.

I use Internet Explorer with my Comcast Cable Internet connection. It works great and is very very fast!
    Owner/webmaster:
    http://www.xtremecoastin.com
    "Step into the world of Xtreme!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Roar - SFMW | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Internet Explorer with Brighthouse Networks Cable.
    Chris
    "If you'd have a mind at peace, a heart that cannot harden, go find a door that opens wide, upon a beautiful garden. Welcome to Cypress Gardens!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster

Netscape. IE has too many security holes.
    My Coaster Videos
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Willow

Rarely there is a site that won't cooperate with Opera, usually one where they don't recognize it's "security" as I'm trying to do some transactions, so I'll use IE then, but much prefer to use Opera.
    Yeah, I run into that problem sometimes, as well. It's just something I put up with because I love Opera to death.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Tennessee Tornado

I've used IE, Avant, Firefox, Netscape, Safari.
    I like IE, Avant, and Safari
    My favorite IE
    firefox i dont like it doesnt work with some tihngs, I just dont really like netscape.
    Avanat is cool, but I end up using IE more, just because im used to it.
    Sometimes I use Safarai as well, thats cool
    http://www.invisionfree.com/forums/graphixnetworks
    -free graphixs
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knots Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X

I used to use Netscrape, but that was back in the days of Netscape 3 and Gold. I'm more of an IE guy.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

NATURE'S MOST POWERFUL STORM! Jimmy B's Avatar
    I just use IE.
    (Originally known as Hurricane) -- and the newest iCarly fan.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six-Flags over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan

Mozilla. I used to use IE, but too many viruses from that. But from time to time, I will switch over if it can't recognize a website.
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

I use IE, it works just fine for me.

You guys, you don't get the viruses from using IE, you get them by being stupid and downloading the wrong stuff.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Suspended Poster
    Currently using IE.

Another firefox user here, it gets the job done, and I haven't used any other except IE, so I'll just stick with what works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast