Thread: Hershey Park weight restrictions

Hershey Park weight restrictions

I am going with my boyfriend and some friends to Hershey Park on Saturday, private rental for my friends company. I know there are certain weight restrictions especially on the Storm Runner.

I went to Cedar Point with my boyfriend on Sept 3rd and rode all the rides there. Milennium force I had a little trouble but I got the 1 inch slack and on TTD I had more than enough slack.

I dont hear anything about HP being very restictive about the weight but I just want to be prepared. I think I am ok since I got on the CP rides but just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with HP and their weight restrictions...any input would be appreciated!!

And Im not just one of those fat people complaining about the rides being the way they are...Ive lost 65 pounds since last year and I work out at the gym so its a progression...and I DO understand why they have restrictions...on Milennium Force you feel like you will fly out of your seat so Im glad the crew is there to make sure you are IN that seat. lol.

You didn't mention if when you were at Cedar Point, you went on Wicked Twister. I'm not sure if you know, but Storm Runner has restraints that go over your shoulders similar in the way that Wicked Twister does. I haven't been on Storm Runner but know that it's a newer type of restraint. I would imagine that size wise though, the restraints are similar. So if you could fit on Wicked Twister, that I would say that I think you would fit on Storm Runner.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

[QUOTE=coasterlove]You didn't mention if when you were at Cedar Point, you went on Wicked Twister. I'm not sure if you know, but Storm Runner has restraints that go over your shoulders similar in the way that Wicked Twister does. I haven't been on Storm Runner but know that it's a newer type of restraint. I would imagine that size wise though, the restraints are similar. So if you could fit on Wicked Twister, that I would say that I think you would fit on Storm Runner.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the info. We didnt go on Wicket Twister but we did go on Raptor, and a few other rides with the over the shoulder restraints and I had no problem. Except for the fact that Raptor gave me some nasty whiplash!

Will Storm Runner bang my head around? Im going to ride no matter what just cause I love coasters...but I had been in a car accident like a week before CP and had a little whiplash and strained back muscle, which raptor irritated so I spent the day in pain and couldnt move my neck.

Still had the best time of my life though...lol.

My friend who can't fit on Wicked Twister fit perfectly on Storm Runner.

[QUOTE=gbgirl79]Thanks for the info. We didnt go on Wicket Twister but we did go on Raptor, and a few other rides with the over the shoulder restraints and I had no problem. Except for the fact that Raptor gave me some nasty whiplash!

Will Storm Runner bang my head around? Im going to ride no matter what just cause I love coasters...but I had been in a car accident like a week before CP and had a little whiplash and strained back muscle, which raptor irritated so I spent the day in pain and couldnt move my neck.

Still had the best time of my life though...lol.[/QUOTE]If you Position your head correctly it wont hurt at all because where it would hurt the most if u don't position yourself correctly it will hurt on the launch bu its pretty smooth from there on out.
    I am a proud employee at Hersheypark it is a great place to work.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six flags over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: Phantoms Revenge

I haven't been on Storm Runner to help out with the head banging question, but I do know about the restraint system. The over the shoulder restraints are attached to a bar that pretty much wraps around your waist area. As long as you can get that bar resting on your thighs and you have at least 1" slack, you'll be good to go.

Wooden Poster
    Storm Runner is [b]VERY SMOOTH! [/b]The Best part is the top hat at 150ft than the drop that truns from 150ft to 170ft. Awsome ride. The restraints are very differnt. THE over the shoudler restaints are thick on the bottom near the waist, but verrry thin on top near the shoulders. Left some "line" marks on my shoulders for 2 days but maby its cauz i am 6' 4". :p
    For Over 20 Years, Vekoma has proven it knows what it takes to degisn Roller Coasters That Thrill Guests Year After Year...

-Vekoma is ready to evolve beyond your imagination-

Favorites: Amusement Park: Hershey Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One @ SFA | Steel Roller Coaster: Storm Runner @ Hershey Park /Deja Vu @ SFGA

Banned
    ^Better change your name to IntaminFan!!! Or has that already been taken.... What is the weight limit for B&M's over the shoulder restraints?

^The name Intamin fan was taken already on another site who's very name TN won't allow on the boards.