Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Post In a Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Polcyn
    Also, the quote feature is useful when you want to quote multiple people, but it is unnecessary to quote the post directly above you.
    Usually it isn't necessary to do so, but I don't mind if the post above was a long post and the next person is adressing a certain point in that post. I do think it's ridiculous for someone to quote the whole post if it's directly above. Actually I almost always think it's unneceassry to quote thw whole thing unless it was a short post. I just hate it when someone copies the whole post and a part of it isn't even what they're addressing. Just as the person I'm quoting (Andrew) in the first part was addressing something Steven said. I didn't need that part, I deleted it. Learn it, people.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

I also think it's not necessary to quote an entire post. I usually try to just quote the part that I'm responding to. I don't know how to quote mutliple quotes, from what I've heard that takes this thing called cutting and pasting, I don't want to learn that, I'm too old. I don't really care.

And these political posts, some are sooooo long, they are ridiculous. It's not like these posts here on TN are going to change anybody's mind. But it's good that everybody can post their opinions.

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    My general rule is, if its a political debate, and I have to scroll down to finish one post, I skip it.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

That animation is so random! I love it!

"Looks like there's some learning you need to do first! (ya dumbass)."
    Toasters toasters everywhere, but not a drop to drink...but if we were to take a sip it'd taste like indian ink.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Phantasialand | Wooden Roller Coaster: Megaphobia | Steel Roller Coaster: Winjas

^What?? Calvin, I don't understand? I don't understand, I don't understand most of the posts you post. But, that's nothing against you, I'm sure it's just me and my age.
    Last edited by leeloo1953; 12-13-2004 at 01:21 PM.

Strata Poster
    No one understands the stuff Calvin posts, leeloo. Don't get too worried about it.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

This is my favorite thread this year.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Lame. Cant believe this got stickied.

I guess all the cool kids are posting in here, so I thought I would.

I am your substitute god willski2002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Montu Man
    Or when someone spams...
    ROFL-copter! He actually posted that, and then proceed to get banned twice for spam.

Nice animation, but in all seriousness, Steam is not t3h r0x0rz. Half-Life 2 requires an internet connection to play. Valve went a little overboard with the whole licensing thing. meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCW Maniac
    What I'm posting is saying how brave I am and that I don't care about rules! If I lose my camera while making a POV, at least I'll lose it for something.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Raven/Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Nice animation, but in all seriousness, Steam is not t3h r0x0rz. Half-Life 2 requires an internet connection to play. Valve went a little overboard with the whole licensing thing. meh.
    meh? it ruined the game for me. It took me 4 hours before i could play it after i bought it, i was not happy.

Steam is t3h r0x0rz if you have a fast connection though. However I do think its totally stupid that the games that are not online-based still want you to be connected to steam to play them.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    Steam is t3h r0x0rz if you have a fast connection though. However I do think its totally stupid that the games that are not online-based still want you to be connected to steam to play them.
    There is offline mode that you can enable in options for you un-educated, non elite Half Life 2 players.
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Yeah, I know there is, but it's still stupid that you need to enable it in the first place since there is no reason to be online to play Half-Life 2.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

That is pretty damn funny, and random as well. Nice find. Now I know how to post in a forum.
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    But sadly, that covers our rules, our TOS, and our etiquette.
    Yeah, but there are plenty of things against our rules in there...ehh emmm...cursing?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

that was just lame! the video i mean... it wasn't funny although it covers most of the posting rules at TN as well. there's only one thing i still have to get used to at TN and any other 'posting' site... the SEARCH button...
    I'm going to try my best to try and light an old flame...

The loading page looks like the thing from Amityville Horror movie. What's that supposed to be though ?
    " Dan, Is that acceptable amount of water ? " " Splash! "
    March 12th TPR Meet At Robb's.
    West Coast Bash at SFMM I can't wait!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath [SFMM]

Button Pusher & Bacon Reciever miamidolphins's Avatar
    at first it seemed like it was making fun of "the talk"
    he is now expiriencing certain urges...
    Calvin: A smoke grenade, a gas mask, and a helicopter....... that's all I ask
    Garth: Hey Wayne, did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son Of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    The whole purpose behind it is for those teenagers (and even some adults) who have no idea on how to post in a forum, or think they are too smart and know all the rules, when they don't.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Rollercoaster Trip VI Poster! GaleRazorwind's Avatar
    I found the video entertaining and informative!(dumb***) Yes I also dislike it when people don't seem to even TRY to find a thread about their question... but I'm a sucker so if I know the answer to their question I will usually give it.
    ^EL TORO^ RULES!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I loved it. To the point and really funny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12