View Poll Results: Who do you think would consider buying it?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cedar Point

3 12.50%
  • Geauga Lake

1 4.17%
  • PKI

0 0%
  • Wyandot Lake

2 8.33%
  • Coney Island

1 4.17%
  • Other:

17 70.83%

Thread: The future of Screechin' Eagle

The future of Screechin' Eagle

It doesn't look like Lesourdsville Lake will ever open its doors again. The entire park has been closed since its very abrupt season in 2002. Several of the rides have been put up for auction. That being said, what do you think should happen to the Screechin' Eagle? The Eagle is a punch-packing coaster from beginning to end. Typical of the coasters by John Miller, most of its hills plunge all the way to the ground, and with considerable steepness. I thought I was going to be thrown out of the back seat into the nearby lake. That being said, anyone who has ridden this classic and loved it like me, would hate to see it SBNO. Do you think there is any possibility of it being sold to one of the other parks in Ohio? If not Ohio, is there another park that you think would buy it?
    "Ok, fat ***, we've just traveled 2,460 miles just for a little Roy Wally entertainment. The moose says you're closed. I say you're open!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

At Phoenix Phall Phunfest, Dick Knoebel didn't give any information on any new attractions for next year other than the fact that there will be something new. He only said "looks like we are going to be saving another coaster." I feel Screechin' Eagle would compliment the reputation of powerful, well-known wood coasters Knoebels has in it's arsenal.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Corkscrew Poster
    First of all, cedar Point and Geauga Lake are owned by the same ppl so it wouldn't amtter if cedar point or GL bought it, it would all be the same. As for the Eagle? Awesome, great, fanstastical ride. I hope to God somebody saves it.

I honestly have a flat answer. I really do not know what park, but I do think that CP would be a good place, I guess.
    it's simple
    Favorites: Amusement Park: "too many to mention" | Steel Roller Coaster: Big ones and classic ones

James
    when you say "coney island" you mean that crappy park in ohio right? not the one in NY?

i could see the ride being trashed..
    i dont think CP would get it.. what park has 2 out-n-back wood coasters.. that more or less would be "the same" in the eyes of a GP...
    also GL have an out-n-back... and 2 other wood coasters.. do they really need #4?
    i guess PKI 'could' get it.. they dont have an out-n-back or anything really like SC.. it could be the 'stepping stone' from the kiddie wood coaster to Beast or SOB....

Corkscrew Poster
    Well, Coney Island in Ohio USED to be pretty cool, at least thats what I hear from my parents.

I wouldn't really want to see it at a corporate park, as it would probably be butchered. It would be awesome if Knoebels bought it though.
    Coaster Count: 133
    Favorite Coaster: Coaster @ Playland
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly @ PKD | Steel Roller Coaster: Phantom's Revenge @ Kennywood

I think Knoebel's would take great care of it. They rescued Phoenix and now its a great coaster. Twister is taken care of very well, and so was Whirlwind. This ride deserves the Knoebel's treatment.

I can see it at Knobels. I dont know why. They just have a hunch of saving coasters for demolition. But, I too hope that it gets saved. I mean, more and more classics are being torn down, but Knobels is saving them.

Will he use it for good or.... Ta2KX's Avatar
    I'd greatly appreciate any park to keep that coaster running, I still need a ride. I would really like to see Lesourdsville Lake live on but things don't look so good on that topic. My vote would be Knoebels, if they have the space to move it there, I'm not certain about how much space the park has to use. If Knoebels owned that coaster, it would be given the best care, and would run phenomenal. I've heard from my friend Joe about how Screechin Eagle ran before it received a reprofiling, and it was nothing less than extreme airtime and vicious laterals.
    Thank you for riding Reaper! Drop Ride to Doom, and remember to desecrate a sanctuary today.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, employee mode

Reprofiling? I thought the only major change was the retracking (I think it was done within a few years prior to it's closing), which made the coaster run a LOT faster.
    Coaster Count: 133
    Favorite Coaster: Coaster @ Playland
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly @ PKD | Steel Roller Coaster: Phantom's Revenge @ Kennywood

I think it has a possibility of being saved, but I don't think a corporate park would jump for that kind of ride. I think it would be a lesser known park like the Magic Springs' of the world that would save this coaster. Corporate parks tend to invest in the newest technology, so I can't really see a SF, Paramount, or CF park saving this ride.
    Last edited by Thrill Rider; 11-15-2004 at 10:05 PM.
    Let's play Good Idea/Bad Idea...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure, Dollywood, Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead, Hades, Avalanche, Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Phantom's Revenge, Goliath (SFOG), Kraken

I highly doubt that any of the above parks would buy a used coaster. New coaster come with a "warranty" that if something goes wrong the manufacturere will take care of it. Used coasters come with a box of bolts.
    kermat13
    For President 2016
    I'm kermat13 and I approve this message.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: toss up---Cedar Point or Kings Island. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Will he use it for good or.... Ta2KX's Avatar
    My mistake, it was just a retrack job, I was hoping I'd be corrected if I was wrong, but still I was told the coaster was tamed down a bit after it was retracked, I don't know whether that it is true, doesn't make sense to me if the coaster began to run faster.
    Thank you for riding Reaper! Drop Ride to Doom, and remember to desecrate a sanctuary today.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, employee mode

CONEY ISLAND! That would be a perfect fit!

Quote Originally Posted by kermat13
    I highly doubt that any of the above parks would buy a used coaster. New coaster come with a "warranty" that if something goes wrong the manufacturere will take care of it. Used coasters come with a box of bolts.
    If you are talking about the parks on the poll then maybe yes, but Knoebel's would buy it. They have moved what is now Phoenix without any help and re-built it by themselves. Twister was built in-house, and Whirlwind (which will soon be leaving) , if I'm not mistaken, was bought from Playland Park in New York. Knoebel's didn't buy a single new coaster from a company.

Storm Runner Poster magnumxl2005's Avatar
    There is no way cedar point would buy this, not that its a bad coaster just the fact that it doesn't break any record.
    HAPPY 100 HERSHEY!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I guess Knoebel's is out since they are getting the two new flats in '05. Oh well. Looks like SE will be dormant for another year unless someone wants it.
    "Ok, fat ***, we've just traveled 2,460 miles just for a little Roy Wally entertainment. The moose says you're closed. I say you're open!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

^^Hilarious! All Cedar Point buys or has for that matter, are record breaking coasters!
    "Get ready Screamers! Head back, face forward, and hang on!" *music*
    "Launch in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"-California Screamin @ DCA
    Ride Count on California Screamin-123
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider at Knott's Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X at Six Flags Magic Mountain

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    I think we'll see the Screechin' Eagle at Knoebels in 2006. I originally thought that Knoebel's would buy the Miracle Strip's Starliner, but that doesn't seem like it'll happen. So hopefully we'll see SE in 2006 at Knoebel's.
    Incidently, although I've never ridden SE, a picture taken of it when it was still operating is my second favorite coaster picture. I'd post it but it belongs to another website.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    I honestly don't see Knoebel's buying an airtime machine when they already have one in Phoenix. SE would play second-fiddle to Phoenix. If Knoebel's gets another coaster, I'll guarantee it'll be something unique to the park.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

I hope that my thread will be ruled obsolete this season and the park will open once more.

Now that the announcement is official. I hope SE doesnt fall prey to decay. I would like to see this over at Wyandot Lake now that the Zoo owns it. It wouldnt cost as much to move it and get it running again as opposed to building a new coaster from scratch. If the zoo is looking to add rides to the park, I think this would be a good way of doing it and it would save a great coaster at the same time.

wherever it goes I going to go too! I love that ride.
    http://ultimateparkreview.blogspot.com/
    My park review blog.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage - Holiday world | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Gun Carowinds

Let gravity do the work.
    Where's the poll option for "nobody"?