Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Today is a huge milestone for ThrillNetwork

Today is a huge milestone for ThrillNetwork

Today, possibly tomorrow ThrillNetwork will hit 500,000 posts, that's a half a million posts over the last 3 years. It's been lots of fun posting, chatting and arguing with so many coaster fans during that time. Thanks to all the mods and also to my fellow TN members for making it so interesting. Keep it up!
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Corkscrew Poster
    Pop open the bubbly.

And how many of those posts are from CPDude: AKA Sir Spam Alot ;) lol

w00t! ;party;

What do we get if we post the 500,000th post? Free trip to Pedroland?
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Banned
    Yay!

w00t w00t! ;party;

500,000....thats pretty impressive.

Wow 500,000. That really is a lot of posts. Hopefully it will happen today so the threads title will hold true.

James
    yay over 5,000 the of posts are mine :D
    could someone find out who made the 500,00th post when it happens?
    Last edited by sfne stinks; 11-16-2004 at 04:24 PM.

Strata Poster
    I'm sure Steven or Graham will tell who makes the 500,000th post and when, so don't worry about missing it. I don't think it will happen until late tomorrow or Thursday.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

I'm pretty sure it will happen today, tomorrow at the latest. We're only a little over 200 posts away right now. Plus, many of the people who post most often are teenagers and many are still in school right or just getting home depending on what time zone they're in. I think we'll hit it today. I'd do my share of posting today but I'm about to head to work. I feel positive when I get home later, we'll be at 500,000 or very close....close enough for me to push it over the edge. ;) .....no spamming of course.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    wow! i too hope it hits today so the title holds true.. thats pretty cool.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

Banned
    [QUOTE=bgwfreak]And how many of those posts are from CPDude: AKA Sir Spam Alot ;) lol[/QUOTE]

Oh, I seen the mistake. You forgot to put lol j/k like you always do. Haha that tricked me at first. 500,000 posts, wow, I can bearly count to seven.......

That would be awesome to make the 500,000th post!

does anybody know what it is at now?
    1997 - 2007

Banned
    [QUOTE=coasterdude28]does anybody know what it is at now?[/QUOTE]

Only 116 more posts to go!
    Last edited by CPdude05; 11-16-2004 at 06:35 PM.

No it's 116.

499,818 Is that the number now? So we have around 182 to go.

where can you find the total number of posts?
    1997 - 2007

Banned
    [QUOTE=coasterdude28]where can you find the total number of posts?[/QUOTE]
    It is at the bottom of the main forum page, under birthdays and stuff.

k thanks. still 168 to go.
    1997 - 2007

Try 164.

Hooray! This whole thread is a SPAM bonanza!

Anyways, Steve-in-London was the guy to make the 100,000th post and was awarded a special avatar for it. That was long, long ago. (Like 2 or 3 whole years!)
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express

Strata Poster
    There is going to be a sudden drop in the number of posts once a mod sees this thread. You guys could at least attempt to make a serious post.

I didn't realize how many posts are being made, so there is an outside chance that it could be tonight still.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

It's amazing how just a few years ago we celebrated 100,000----what a major step for a forum!
    kermat13
    For President 2016
    I'm kermat13 and I approve this message.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: toss up---Cedar Point or Kings Island. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Stop spamming guys. I've deleted a few of the spamming posts.

Stop counting down. You can see the total number of posts at the bottom of the forums. When we get to 500,000, you'll know. We may even tell you who got it.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

[QUOTE=Drew S]Hooray! This whole thread is a SPAM bonanza!

Anyways, Steve-in-London was the guy to make the 100,000th post and was awarded a special avatar for it. That was long, long ago. (Like 2 or 3 whole years!)[/QUOTE]

Heh...years later I'm just now finding out what that avatar was for...go me! I always wondered what it meant. Figured he won some contest. I doubt we'll hit 500,000 tonight, but I guess it's definately not impossible.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator
    Houston Thrills Central | Freude Am Leben
    Marvel McFey is dead.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Undecided | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    We are aware of the milestone, and we do have something planned (only bigger than an avatar).

So you know, If the 500,000th post was made in this thread, message board games, ends up being deleted by a staff member for TOS violations, or is posted by a staff member, we will go to the 500,001st post, and so on.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Heh, only thing is that the count is already past 500,000 really. Look over the 'quote' box and see what it says...521,xxx. That means the mods have deleted/moved 21,000 posts. Thanks to the mods for keeping this place clean!
    Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.

No clue who the guy pictured in my avatar is, but its a great picture nonetheless!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Colossos | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba

James
    [QUOTE=antfarm007]Look over the 'quote' box and see what it says...521,xxx.[/QUOTE]
    What are you talking about? when i go down to the end of the page where it says 499,XXX it doesnt show a big number? where are you looking?

He's talking about the actual number of the post. Look at the post number in the URL (address bar), SFNE stinks. Your post says 521115. Actually, it says [url]http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?p=521115#post521115[/url]

That last part is the post number. I suppose it changes for deleted posts and stuff.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

I am such a loser. I actually clicked on the link. lol.

It does seem like just yesterday the 100,000th post was the big milestone...Ok maybe not yesterday, maybe a couple years ago but it's still fresh in my mind. Anywho we'll probably make it late tonight, with less than 50 posts to go as I type.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast