Thread: ipod question

ipod question

Ok I just got an ipod today and I was at my moms house and i put songs onto it and then I went to my dads house and when I tried to do it I got this message:

The ipod "Brian Rose's iPod" is linked to another iTunes music library. Do you want to change the link to this itunes music library and replace all existing songs and playlists on this iPod with those from this library?

So I click no and it doesnt work. Is there a way to do it though?
    http://www.invisionfree.com/forums/graphixnetworks
    -free graphixs
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knots Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks
    Ok I just got an ipod today and I was at my moms house and i put songs onto it and then I went to my dads house and when I tried to do it I got this message:

The ipod "Brian Rose's iPod" is linked to another iTunes music library. Do you want to change the link to this itunes music library and replace all existing songs and playlists on this iPod with those from this library?

So I click no and it doesnt work. Is there a way to do it though?
    I believe you can only sync iPod with only one computer. Thats the way it's been, and all my friends complaing about that too.
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

You'll have to burn whatever is on iTunes at your dad's and import on your iTunes at mom's. iTunes does have a system where you can 'share' your music store downloads with up to like 4 other people. Something like that.

Oh yea, to burn your iTunes at your dad's, press Crtl+A while looking at your library and drag it to an empty playlist, then burn the playlist. iTunes is smart enough to realize if more CDs are needed, and will automatically split it up for you. (Just remember to burn as data, or you will waste ALOT of cds)

why do they do this? i was going to say that itunes just had a stupid system but thinking about it every other company has probably copied this already.

I bet if you look around on the internet someone has found a way round this...........

Maybe, when you have an iPod though, it configures itself to a certain system and a certain iTunes. So I guess they would have to make it so you could configure your iPod multiple ways.

well yeah the problem is the software checks.

Maybe its possible someone will figure out how to move songs onto the ipod without itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skye
    well yeah the problem is the software checks.

Maybe its possible someone will figure out how to move songs onto the ipod without itunes.
    Yea, that has been done somewhere at www.ipodlounge.com.

Pretty much they figured out that when connected to your computer it becomes a hardware drive, and you open it and by naming/placing files in the right spots, you can put music on your computer album by album. Mainly this was for the reverse though, crashed harddrives/lost music and needing to put it straight from the iPod to the iTunes.

I have a mini, and you can only sync your iPod onto one Itunes program. IF you have XP, you can also only keep your library on one username. I don't know why they do this, but w/e.

You can also use realplayer to upload songs I have heard.

I figured it out you just have to right click on the ipod, click options, and make it so u manually make the songs, go. It works. I have another quewtion about it though, is there and way that yo can downlaod a cd from the music store and get the cd in the mail instead?
    http://www.invisionfree.com/forums/graphixnetworks
    -free graphixs
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knots Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X

I don' think you can do that. I wish you could though.

Yeah, you have to manually update your songs or it won't work...I had the same problem, but fixed it when I changed it. I hate how you can't upload songs from your iPod onto another computer though...It sucks.

Minetrain Poster
    EastCoastn07: you can donwload it from the iPod . . . you just have to download a program to do that. Check around iPodLounge. One program, for Mac OS is this: http://www.ipodlounge.com/downloads_...=1862_0_13_0_C I'm sure they also have a Windows program.
    Last edited by BlueSkies78; 12-30-2004 at 11:18 PM.

Its been a while but I didn't burn CD's or anything. All the music is in a hidden folder on the iPods harddrive. So for me I just made sure the iPod was enabled as a hard drive and went to My Computer and open it up. Just make sure you have hidden folders viewable (tolls - folder options - view ) And it should be in some folder. Now one of these links might have some better way to get around 2 computers with 1 iPod but I'm to lazy to clock them.
    Forste Runner is up for Downloading
    Check out The Great Escape , a new No Limits track by me
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PKD | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Volcano

rawr!
    I don't own an iPod but I have thought of purchasing one someday.
    Few questions though pop into my mind;
    Does iTunes or whatever force you to use an original cd? Or can you transfer music onto the iPod from your computer?
    Can you transfer music onto the iPod from more than one computer?

Q
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: I have yet to ride a decent woodie :( | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons: Ice