Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Big Question Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M
    Real found a nice link of heartlining in real life, so I added it to the pictures list
    Real MADE the link and made the picture I took that RPOV
    #1 Ride - Voyage @ night
    #2 Ride - Voyage @ day
    #3 Ride - Voyage anytime.
    High Quality Coaster Gallery http://www.real-coasters.com/
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cornball Express / Raven | Steel Roller Coaster: Storm Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Another question about supports, can you make them different colors (I mean different colors on different parts of the supports, ie. not all supports the same color)?? If so, How???
    i don't think so. i just looked in the construction kit and couldn't find anything. someone correct me if i'm wrong. your best option would be to make 3ds supports, though that may not be easy or plausible if you don't have modeling experience.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a tutorial on how to build custom stations? I did a search but couldnt find anything.
    Im the stupidest genius alive!!!

Im better at something then everyone.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper (SFGAm) | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

rawr!
    There is a tutorial over on www.coastersims.com in the NoRestraint section

Q
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: I have yet to ride a decent woodie :( | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons: Ice

Minetrain Poster
    Guys, you're missing one of the big questions: how can I turn .gmax into .3ds?

Of course, I don't know the answer...

... does anyone else?

"It's sort of like a Celine Dion concert, only this is intentionally funny" -Weird Al Yankovic
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dreamworld, Gold Coast AUS | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Bush Beast - Wonderland, Sydney AUS (Now Sadly Dismantled) | Steel Roller Coaster: Air - Alton Towers, Staffordshire UK

Thats not a big question.

Anyway, read the help file to see how. I doubt anyone here has that gmax creator.
    Forste Runner is up for Downloading
    Check out The Great Escape , a new No Limits track by me
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PKD | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Volcano

Banned
    PrepareforAir, I have no clue how to honestly. Do what Jumpboy said. If that doesn't help, tell me.

Banned
    This is for a person who was wondering what pumping and heartlining is. I posted it here b/c I couldn't figure out how to attach it in private messages.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The Maxamillious X-ffect Maxamillious's Avatar
    This sounds really simple, I will have to give it a shot sometime. I think now would be good. I need a perfect heart-line for my newest cration "Twisted". Its gonna be one hell of a ride lol.

Heres some real heartlining guides in the zipfile attached:
    #1 Ride - Voyage @ night
    #2 Ride - Voyage @ day
    #3 Ride - Voyage anytime.
    High Quality Coaster Gallery http://www.real-coasters.com/
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cornball Express / Raven | Steel Roller Coaster: Storm Runner

Hey i have a big qustions.

What The . . . . Are the default seting for:
    Grid-H-Spacing:
    Grid-V-Spacing:
    Picking Area:
    Move-Snap:

I changed mine and i dont know what the defaults are. So my big qustion. What Are They!?
    - Operation Boom 2 :: Back From The Dead -
    - The Next Defying Creation :: Eight Lanes One Thrilling Coster -
    - Goliaths Revenge :: Let The War Begin -

Roller Coaster Pro - Home To The Best RCT3 Productions!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Steel Roller Coaster: Oblivion - Alton Towers

Banned
    1. Go to Options, and then Preferences
    2. Set it to Metric
    3. Do the above, but then enter these values:

Grid-H Spacing - 1m
    Grid-V Spacing 1m
    Picking Area: 10 Pixels
    Move Snap: .1m

Numbers make sense in metric don't they?

Banned
    With elementary, you can make smooth elements so its useful. But how do you do the formulas? Its like computer code and I haven't learned the language yet. Is there a tutorial anywhere? Or can someone put one on here?

Qustion.
    I am making, well i made a heatline role. The first half of the heartline is all good. But then i want to slope the second half down. So its like going from 0degrees to -50degrees or something. Anyway i think i fiugered out how to do it but before i go and do all the math can someone please tell me if my way will work?

For the second half of the heartline i recorded all the Y-Axis Control Points 1 & 2, and the Position as well, all from the Vertex Panel. So if i get all the measurments for the Control Points and the Position on the Y-Axis and then i find the average rate of change in the Position and the Control Points. And then i subtract the avarage of the position from each position and eatch control point avarage from the avarage of the different control points.

So i fiugered out that the constant rate of negtave change would give me a netive slope (going down towards earth), with out messing with the banking i should still be able to maintain a constant heartline role. I made the heartline with the elemtentary so its about as good as its going to get. So can anyone tell me weather or not this will work. I have recorded most of the mesurments all ready but i messed a few so the out come was sorta weard the first time i tryed it. So i dident want to waist more time knowing it might not work. Anyway thanks for the help.

- Max

*Update*
    Please look at the attached file, it has all the math problems for the second half of the heartline. Hopefully it will help you understand. But ya you just apply all the new numbers back into the vertix panel.

- Max

*Edit*
    Please disregard. I tryed out my idea and it dident work at all. So i just made my inline by hand, it worked but its pumpy.
    Last edited by Maxamillious; 06-16-2005 at 05:58 PM.
    - Operation Boom 2 :: Back From The Dead -
    - The Next Defying Creation :: Eight Lanes One Thrilling Coster -
    - Goliaths Revenge :: Let The War Begin -

Roller Coaster Pro - Home To The Best RCT3 Productions!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Steel Roller Coaster: Oblivion - Alton Towers

I need some advise on heartlining, Im currently making an overbanked turn on my invert that ends with an inversion (on the second half the the turn), I try to use agh on it but it gets rid of the inversion and just makes it into an overbanked turn. I was playing the the precision and filter trying to get it to work but couldnt get it to work. Any tips and trick to get it to keep the inversion would be greatly appricated.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper (SFGAm) | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    I downloaded Elementary, but have no clue how to use it. Is there a tutorial on it?
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

Banned
    1. You open it
    2. File>New Element Wizard
    3. Double click the wizard
    4. Punch in a bunch of numbers
    5. Hope it came out right

Banned
    Anybody know of any tutorials on elementary formulas?

Looping Poster
    The only documentation for Elementary i know of is the one in the included help pages.

However, you can always open & view any wizard's formula. (Menu: "Advanced / Formula Input...") just peek around and see how people have written these...

redunzelizer

Whats is the heartline # for an Gerstlauer-Eurofighter coaster?

1.1 meters
    NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS 2005 5-4 (2-4)
    last: NU 15 Kansas 40 next: Kansas State
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

The long answer: Place some straight, flat track in the editor at 1 meter. Turn on the heartline display. See where it is. The difference in height between the heartline line and the track is the heartline value for the AHG.

frex - 2.1 - 1 = 1.1.

What is the max vertical angle a drop with a turn can have berfore the AHG messes it up. My drop is -89.3 deg. and goes all wonky. I would like to know before I re-do the drop and it messes up again.

Banned
    I have no idea what angle is since I don't use those tools, sorry.

Oh well, trial and error I guess

Sorry for the double post, but does anybody know how to make smooth pullin's and out' for drops. Do you use the H-SAK? I've tried using a large radius for a small amount of deg. change, but it still has a "pump" in it. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Banned
    Yea, as far as I know, its impossible to make a pumpless valley and top or top hat by hand. What you can do though is make a helix in the Elemtary and then rotate it in the Purg.

Banned
    I make them by hand all the time.

Banned
    Are they completely pumpless?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast