Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Big Question Thread.

Banned
    Sry for the double post...

Is there a big difference in support spacing between normal wood supports and hybrid supports? In NL the spacing is 10*10*10 but IDK if thats a true measurement or if it just looked right to Ole...

rockin roller coast poster annoyed's Avatar
    Uh...not sure what this is but, If this is about any old questions, mine is: Does TN ever have an RCT2 track contest?
    "Everybody claims I'm crazy and go over the edge. But the view is so much better from the edge."
    - Stan Checketts
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: does hades count | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

rawr!

Q
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: I have yet to ride a decent woodie :( | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons: Ice

rockin roller coast poster annoyed's Avatar
    ok thank you
    "Everybody claims I'm crazy and go over the edge. But the view is so much better from the edge."
    - Stan Checketts
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: does hades count | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

How do you make dive loops in elementary?

Looping Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy_1234567
    How do you make dive loops in elementary?
    At time of this writing i can't see an easy way to do so with the Elementary alone.

Basicaly any dive Loop or Immelmann is made up of two loop halves, where one loop half is quite "ordinary" while the second is yet another loop shape, but very "twisted" in a particular way.

For now you would have to create these two half loop shapes in the "E" and then manipulate these in the Purgatorium in a complicated way. Problem is: you will not only want to have defined entry & exits but also matching radii and torsion at the apex. This requiring some tricky calculations on how & what to mangle.

In other words: to get such shapes, you must first distort the basic loop. To get the correct final radii, you'll have to create two loop shapes that show the correct radii *after* distortion, so these have to be pre-distorted exactly in reverse at creation.

I am working on Elementary Wizards for just that, the formulas have already prooven to work perfectly, but there was no time yet to mold these equations into a usable eformula. (Excel still involved, spreadsheet parts have yet to be transfered into Elementary)

You'll have to be (very) patient, but you'll get it when it's done.

redunzelizer
    Limits? NoLimits!

Thanks, I guess I'll just stay away from dive loops for a while

How do you guys make your support connectors, is there an easy way to do them?

Has anyone else expierenced difficulty downloading the game? I can't get the page to load after you click download. I contacted tech support, but do any of you have any solutions?

Minetrain Poster
    I know this has nothing to do whith the previous stuff that has been said but I might get nolimits tonight and is there any tips at all that could be usefull? becuase when i got the editor for the demo nolimits i found it hard to make loops any ideas ?

Banned
    As far as the loop thing goes. Click File/insert element( and find a loop. Eventually youll learn the elementary and purg but not in the beginning.

Minetrain Poster
    Ok thanks for the advice

Minetrain Poster
    I just got Nolimits for my PC. I'm just wondering how do you download other tracks from this site and if I should download any other stuff that would be worth while having ? like the tunnel maker. Also could anyone tell me how you do the terraformer ? I have no idea.

Just save the file in the No Limits Tracks, that should work fine.

Minetrain Poster
    Thanks for you're help but I have no No Limits track file. I dont no whether to save it under NoLimits Editor, NoLimits Simulator or NoLimits Terraform

First.
    Terraformer goes as follows. The little pyramids you can see, are clickable, yo ucan select where you want the terrain raised or lowered. That doesn't have to be a rectrangle, you can select any set of pyramids. They will turn red and adjacent pyramids turn yellow. Press Ctrl or Shift, and pres the lift mouse button (if I remember correctly) and drag the mouse up or down. Using Ctrl or Shift you can choose if you want the terrain to raise/lower fast or slow. There's a button on which stands a red pyramid, arrow, blue pyramid. This deselects all selected pyramids.
    I believe there's a tutorial with the Terraformer.

Second.
    In the main NoLimits folder, there is a folder Tracks. There you should put all tracks in, whether you made them yourself of they are downloaded. You can use subfolders.

Third
    The picture tells you how I make a loop.

And I have a question too. How do I heartline cobra rolls and corkscrews?

EDIT: First post on the page again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nl loop uitleg.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	14336  
    Last edited by Erik Leppen; 08-24-2005 at 01:49 PM.
    I'm not active on this forum anymore.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Walibi World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Robin Hood - Walibi World | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath - Walibi World

Minetrain Poster
    Thanks Eric. You have actually helped me alot there . I am still troubling with the download file. I have gone as far as saving it uder tracks but when i start the simulator its already disappeared. I have no clue how that happened and even if I go on to editor it the track has gone. Have i done anything wrong? and with you're question I have no i dea seems as i just downloaded it this afternoon. Thanks for the help again.

Minetrain Poster
    And also if I open it with the editor it says " track cannot load "

Minetrain Poster
    And ( this is my last AND here everybody ) I not sure about this but to heartline dont you double click on the Vortex and where it says rolls put in you're desired angle. Im not sure though.

rawr!
    And I have a question too. How do I heartline cobra rolls and corkscrews?

Easiest way is to use the AHG.

Q
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: I have yet to ride a decent woodie :( | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons: Ice

Are you extracting the file first? If you are not, you should. It should then work.

Minetrain Poster
    ^ No im not. I dont know how to extract a file sorry. Culd anyone explain to me how to extract a file please

rawr!
    Some people 'package' their track, instead of making you manually install every file to be used for their tracks.
    If you see/download a .nlpack file, you will need the track packager to extract the track and files.
    It can be downloaded here; http://gravimetricstudios.com/softwa...ager/index.cfm

Just download that, install it, then go back to those .nlpack files and double click on them. It will then ask you if you want to intall the track and all files required to ride it and then will ask if you want to ride it.

Q

Minetrain Poster
    ^ thanks. I have downloaded the track packager and saved it. But when I downloaded a file from speed zone and saved it under tracks and then opened it up with track packager it said " file is not valid ". does this happen with ome of you or do I do something wrong ? thanks everyone for your help.

rawr!
    I take it you havn't unzipped the file? If you are on WinXP right click on the file you downloaded and find 'Extract here', click it. Then you can double click on the extracted file and the track packager will install the files.
    If you aren't on WinXP (assuming you arn't on a Mac as well, as I have no clue what you need to do then), then go here and download Win Zip; http://winzip.com/ And then install it. Then go back and do what I said above.

Also, be sure that you actually downloaded a NoLimits track from the track exchange. There are also people uploading RCT, RCT2, RCT3 and other coaster sim files.

Q

Banned
    I'm having trouble rotating elements. What I'm looking for is a 42 meter heartlined roll for an impulse coaster at a 45 degree angle. I input the length in Elementary and get the element. I save it, and open it in the Purg. I rotate it 45 degrees and insert it into my track. All the angling is right but its screwed up. The track rotates around itself and is all jumbled steel. Is there an imput somewhere that I have to say "its an invert" or what am I doing wrong?

Banned
    You're going to have to handbuild it because the Elementary's rolls are only for falt ones, not slanted like the ones you're describing.

How do you make coasters with all those millions of vertices and how on earth do you get it so smooth! Exampe - http://www.thrillnetwork.com/speedzo...php?file=1920#

(btw, My favourite coaster i have in my database. Great coaster pipesdrums!)

Everyone tells me to use AHG, but i don't know where to get it...
    I'm going to try my best to try and light an old flame...

Banned
    http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/toolbox

You have to put a good track into the AHG to get a good track out of it. Put in crap, you'll get crap. Remember this.

OMG Thanx!
    I'm going to try my best to try and light an old flame...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast