Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Big Question Thread.

So much for NO LIMITS...
    I'm going to try my best to try and light an old flame...

I know, they should have a template resize like in RCT2's editor. It seems like just a matter of a set invisible boundary. Also, I have a question about something:
    Sometimes I build something straight, but then the next vertex I place becomes a really weird and long curve (eg. I build a lifthill midsection, then when I take the vetex add and add it to make the crest, I sometimes have to go to top view to fix a weird curve that I never put there). Is there a reason to this?

If you select something, it "saves" the x, y and z position, and if you place a new vertex or node, it is done at the point in space which has two coordinates of your view, and the third is the "saved" coordinate.

Is this what you mean?
    I'm not active on this forum anymore.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Walibi World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Robin Hood - Walibi World | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath - Walibi World

No, I knew that, that's what makes support node placing easier. It's like I try make the first curve leading into the straight section of the life, I make the straight part, then straighten that. But when I make the curve off the lift, the ties look like they are going towards the screen and then I go to top view to see that they are curving to the right extremely:

It gets annoying when I have to delete it then do the crest over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annoyance.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	15333  
    Last edited by medusa548; 07-25-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Random Poster
    Here's a question...since I don't have No Limits and really want it, should I get it now, or wait until No Limits 2 comes out? If I should wait until 2, when is it gonna be released?

They say in 2010 NL2 will be released. So, you'd be better off getting it now if you're really going to want to make rides.

Random Poster
    I suppose I will get it now then. 2010 is a long time to wait...

No Limits is really tha money worth but don't get mad in the beginning, you'll get pretty good soon...

Ok , so im trying to make a cobra roll in NLE and the banking gets all messed up whenever I make it. Here's a picture of what it looks like.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra roll.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	15360

I am your substitute god willski2002's Avatar
    Don't worry about the banking. When you AHG it, the banking will be correct.

But you might want to make it less V-shaped so the entrance and exit tracks don't collide.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCW Maniac
    What I'm posting is saying how brave I am and that I don't care about rules! If I lose my camera while making a POV, at least I'll lose it for something.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Raven/Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

So are you saying that I should just remove all the banking?

no, he means leave it as it is and just AHG it. (i think thats what he meant...)

Does anyone have a perfect B&M flatspin. I would love one for the invert and normal B&M's!

thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by medusa548
    No, I knew that, that's what makes support node placing easier. It's like I try make the first curve leading into the straight section of the life, I make the straight part, then straighten that. But when I make the curve off the lift, the ties look like they are going towards the screen and then I go to top view to see that they are curving to the right extremely:

All that you have to do is highlight the node that is in the line then add it and it will auto center it to line up
    AFTERBANG!!! just remember to ride away like a G

Yeah, if you select a node, the one you place will be on the same plane as the one selected.

The cobra roll is fine, but as he said make it less V shaped, or the track will collide, either change the radius of the second half or make it wider.
    An eye for an eye, then before you know it, the whole world is blind -Ghandi
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Mindbender

please someone answer my above qeustion...

i don't wnna spam but please anwer my qeustion...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    Does anyone have a perfect B&M flatspin. I would love one for the invert and normal B&M's!

thanx!
    Nobdy does, it depends entirely on the style of entry and stuff. you're on your own there.

Minetrain Poster
    Good lord. Gone from the net for 2 months and there's an update for NoLimits!!

My problem: I have v1.55, yet, as I went to NoLimits website, they released 1.6, and yet.....NO LINK FOR THE UPDATE!

Now I did read that 1.6 is a stand-alone version. So how do I, HAVING A PURCHASED VERSION, go and get that...or do I need to dish-out the 30 bucks again to get it?
    Airtime. It does a body good.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggie View Post
    Good lord. Gone from the net for 2 months and there's an update for NoLimits!!

My problem: I have v1.55, yet, as I went to NoLimits website, they released 1.6, and yet.....NO LINK FOR THE UPDATE!

Now I did read that 1.6 is a stand-alone version. So how do I, HAVING A PURCHASED VERSION, go and get that...or do I need to dish-out the 30 bucks again to get it?
    From what I hear is that it costs money to get, however, the No Limits staff is pretty good about giving you a break here and there. Drop them a e-mail seeing if you can get a coupon or something to get it half off or something, they gave me a Mac discount...
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Quote Originally Posted by medusa548 View Post

OMFG I HATE THAT! You mean like when you're in side view and try to make a piece that's straight, but then you go into top view and it's stretched all the way to the edge of the map or something? WTH is up with that?

^I HATE THAT AS WELL!!!! it gets sooo irritating. can't they realease a small patch for that or something?

Looping Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowserjoe View Post
    OMFG I HATE THAT! You mean like when you're in side view and try to make a piece that's straight, but then you go into top view and it's stretched all the way to the edge of the map or something? WTH is up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    ^I HATE THAT AS WELL!!!! it gets sooo irritating. can't they realease a small patch for that or something?
    No need to burst on your very own failures!

Naturally, within any 2D-view the editor cannot know where the according "depth" (aka the 3rd dimension) would be, to place whatever thingy. Therefor it will default. So this is YOUR JOB telling the editor where to act! You easily can overcome all this by first highlighting an existent node or vertex, which is located in the same "depth plane" as the new one you'd want to place in the given view.

Now stop ranting, and don't blame the knife for cutting your fingers!
    Last edited by redunzelizer; 02-01-2007 at 04:23 AM.
    Limits? NoLimits!

yeah the best way to design in one plane is to have the node previous highlighted. Although its not really said anywhere in any tutorials or help menus, its sort of just something one knows from experience with no limits or other cad/desgin programs. The one thing I wish you could do was, say you want to have yoru next node at a certain angle in the top view from the previous, I wish you could enter like a line at this angle. I know there are built on programs for no limits like the purg or element creator that let you design more mathematically, but it would be nice if it was built directly into the game.

If I made a 3D in Anim8or, then how do I get it into NL?
    What is life but an escape from death?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Never mind. I answered my own question...
    What is life but an escape from death?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: X

I have an AHG question. I'm making a GCII for reference. I have a lot of airtime points that become corkscrews and zero g rolls. I know the color coding and stuff, but when I have to use those, the hill, because it's curved, would then have bad lats. Is there a way to keep lats low while getting negative vertical gs?

Looping Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
    ...the hill, because it's curved, would then have bad lats. Is there a way to keep lats low while getting negative vertical gs?
    Basically there are two approaches.

First Method: "two pass AHG'ing".

With the first pass you set HL-distance to null(!), so the AHG will only bank but not at all dislocate the track path. No color coding as well. Segment distance not alltoo short, along with lowest possible filter setting (6-15).

When you now "heartline" your track in "first pass", all your negative vertical G sections will intentionally flip, but by a distinct 180 degrees of banking. So you then will have to hand edit these parts by adding subtracting +/-180 degrees for each vertex in question.

Then, after that tweaking, you will set the entire track to black color, up the filter settings, usea shorter segments ans "heartline as usual" as second pass.

Second Method: "FVD"
    http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...ad.php?t=41282
    Limits? NoLimits!

But when I do a zero heartline distance, then the actual heartline is moved and bumped around, because the spine now goes along it. IM me on Aim if you have one.

EDIT: I tried it, and I see how that would work on straight hills, but both of mine are twisted. And I don't understand the other thing.
    Last edited by Jerry S; 05-17-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Looping Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
    But when I do a zero heartline distance, then the actual heartline is moved and bumped around, because the spine now goes along it. IM me on Aim if you have one.
    Nope not at all. Remember that the input track for the AHG is taken as the "rider's heart path". So for pass one, you simply bank this "path". Since the "rider's path" is not(!) moved but only twisted (intentionally), the HL displayed with that one is becomming invalid and not of much interest. The "actual heartline" at this stage is still your track spine! This should work with any curved / bent hill just as well as with a straight one.

Only with pass two you will do the final dislocation of the rails in relation to the initial rider's path.

And another no, regardig IM. I do not use any of these since I would not want to take the tedious risk of explaining the same stuff over and over. Forums do the way better job for any such questions IMO. Other may (and should) benefit from the answers as well.
    Last edited by redunzelizer; 05-17-2007 at 04:04 PM.
    Limits? NoLimits!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast