Thread: Name the Coaster at Visonland

Upsidedown Rider Johnny Upsidedown's Avatar

Name the Coaster at Visonland

Hi everybody. I was looking at Amusement Buisness online. Visionland in Alabama is asking people to enter a contest to name the new coaster.
    [url]http://www.amusementbusiness.com/amusementbusiness/industrynews/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000771506[/url]
    And on Visionlands website at. [url]http://www.visionland.com/index.html[/url]
    Or for info on the contest. Go here.
    [url]http://www.tvstuff.com/VLAND/contest.html[/url]
    J.
    Please dont vote for Boomarang.
    Also noticed it has a little video..
    Johnny Upsidedown's Roller Coaster Website
    www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
    Stop by and take a look at lots of coaster photos, construction and trip reports.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Kentucky Rumbler | Steel Roller Coaster: MF, Montu

James
    lol i just sent in my name for the coaster.. li think they want the name "boomerang" as they show a photo of one....

Out of about 6,500 entries the park picked: Zoomerang. There was a piece on the local news tonight that showed pieces being either being loaded in Australia or unloaded in New Orleans.
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rampage | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman:Ride of Steel (SFA)

They had a name contest and this is what came out of it? Better of saved the energy and not have the contest in the first place. :rolleyes: What an overused name.
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

Wow...they had a contest for a Boomerang! This is crazy. And out of 6,500 entries they picked ZOOMERANG? Come on people, why not just save the energy and name it Boomerang like every other park in America. Would have saved you some money in the long run as well.

Zoomerang. Yee haw :rolleyes:
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

This sounds like an original ride concept. The name is also pretty original.

Also, I've never seen a "name the coaster contest" like this, especially not for [URL=http://www.rcdb.com/ig2498.htm]a ride bound to be 100 times better[/URL].

Go visionland for being creative!!

Who made the coaster? If Vekoma did, Boomerang should have won!

Zoomerang, the new type of boomerang that does nothing different!
    "Get ready Screamers! Head back, face forward, and hang on!" *music*
    "Launch in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"-California Screamin @ DCA
    Ride Count on California Screamin-123
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider at Knott's Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X at Six Flags Magic Mountain

wow what an orignal name [url]http://rcdb.com/quicksearch.htm?quicksearch=zoomerang[/url] man that must have been hard to think of :rolleyes:
    My Coaster Videos
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

How authentic..out of all the rides, this one came up best?
    Nick
    www.midwestcoastermadness.com
    Administrator of Midwest Coaster Madness
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: shockwave, millie

I just noticed, everyone is complaining about the same damn thing. I like the name zoomerange. jk

James
    OH MAN! Zooooomerang is such a badass name.. Wait.. Hmm LakeCompounce?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LC22.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	13532  

[QUOTE=EastCoastn07]And out of 6,500 entries they picked ZOOMERANG?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure more than one person entered that. I was trying to think of a good creative name and ended up with nothing so I was going to put in a name like B/Zoomerang, but never did. Now I know I should of.
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

Now, you can name the Log Flume!

Link: [url=http://www.tvstuff.com/VLAND/]http://www.tvstuff.com/VLAND/[/url]

A new log flume ride is opening this year at Visionland. The previously unannounced log flume is being built on the site of the old log flume. That ride was left inoperable when Southland Entertainment purchased the park out of bankruptcy in 2003. The new log flume promises to be bigger and better than the previous one, Kent Lemasters, President of Southland, said.

Visionland's new Splash-irific log ride needs a name. After the successful naming contest for the new steel coaster, Zoomerang, the park decided to hold another contest with the new flume. The contest is now open and will last until May 18, 2005. The winner will be announced on May 20, 2005 and will receive 4 Platinum season passes.

The first contest recieved over 6500 entries, and the winning name was submitted by Nate Bailey of Florence, Alabama, an 11-year-old boy who dreams of becoming a roller coaster engineer.

Visit [url]www.visionland.com[/url] for more info regarding the park.

This seems to be a trend, Hershey did this with Stormrunner.

Although they picked 3 names, and you picked from those.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Yeah, maybe I will email the park officials and suggest that they select the best 3-5 and post a similar contest to Hersheypark so that we will know it has been narrowed down to those few names. Helps with the agony of waiting. You feel me?

Since they chose "Zoomerang" for the last contest maybe they will chose somthing like "The Log Flume" This time
    http://ultimateparkreview.blogspot.com/
    My park review blog.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage - Holiday world | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Gun Carowinds

Or Flumerang lol ;-P
    I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW Knoebels IB HW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: S:ROS SFNE

you guys aren't right!! They will give it a good name. I trust that they will!!

Wooden Poster
    I think most of you are missing the point, this contest probably wasn't *REALLY* to name the ride, but more as a sort of advertising for the coaster and park. I mean look at us all talking about it, as they say no publicity is bad publicity.

Hopefully I'll be making my first trip to Visionland in a few weeks.. to ride Rampage of course not a ****ty used Boomerang.

Well, I believe that with 6,500 entries for Zoomerang, they definitely marketed the park well for this year. Many people I talk to have made decisions to visit based on what the new management has done to turn things around for the park. And of course for Rampage. Give this park time, they will definitely add more rides that you will like. Hopefully, you will ride Zoomerang at least for the credit.

I stopped at the Alabama welcome center today coming from Tennessee (Mother's Day trip) and picked up some VL brochures. I just noticed they're for 2004! VL should make an effort to get 2005 brochures at all the welcome centers.

The Birmingham City Pass brochure has a VL coupon for $3 off a combo general admission ticket good until Sept. 11, 2005.
    I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW Knoebels IB HW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: S:ROS SFNE

Yeah this is due to the company, that designs them, causing the delays. I noticed they were not available for Sneak-A-Peek Weekend either. I will talk with marketing on the old brochures being out there.

That's good news about the discount coupons. I will definitely pass that information on.

Thanks.