Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Last coaster you rode?

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    The Raven, this afternoon.

It took 3 years and ten months since the first time I'd been to Holiday World, but I finally got my first ride on The Legend.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Off season. Boo.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

I had no intentions of going back to this park while here, but a last minute visit to Mannheim to see some friends just made it inevitable to stop at Holiday Park and ride my favorite coaster in Germany, Expedition GeForceeeeeeeeeeee! Still an awesome ride and I am happy to say that they finally got the second train back too.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Tonight, Millennium Force in the front row. I got eleven rides on MF today. I think the $45 I spent on fast lane was the best money I ever spent in Ohio.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

Wicked Twister, last train of the night---Friday.
    Xtreme Coaster Enthusiast
    Finding my way in the world, and riding some awesome coasters while I'm at it!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Waldameer, Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead, Ravine Flyer II, Colossus, Raging Wolf Bobs | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback, Maverick, Magnum

Shambhala at PortAventura. This is one awesome roller coaster and now my number 2 B&M hyper. The figure 8 is a very good element to add to a ride and the best part is when you are coming out of it. There are only two minor gigs on this coaster though. One is there is magnetic brakes at the bottom of the figure 8 which kinda rob an awesome element. Two is that this is an European specs roller coaster. The go/no go point on this ride is a LOT tighter than its' American counterpart. If you barely make the 'go' for an American B&M hyper, you will DEFINITELY be a 'no go' for Shambhala. I'm not a big guy, but the attendant had to lock me in by pushing on the restraint for the 'go'. Unusual to see this on Shambhala, because its' little brother, Silver Star, has American specs on it. But this brings to a close my European roller coaster riding. Moving back to the United States in a week. It was a great adventure (no pun intended) while it lasted though.
    Last edited by Antoine; 05-28-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

^Glad you will be back home soon!

2 Rides on Hydra the Revenge on Saturday night, amazing ride. Unexpected trip to visit my sister, led to getting my cedar fair pass and going to Dorney by myself for 1/2 the day. Unfortunately, I had to wait out a thunderstorm for a couple hours, but I managed to get all the coasters in. First time to the park, mostly walk on rides after the storm.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood, last Monday 5/21.

Skyrush not Saturday morning but Friday night at Hersheypark.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Minetrain Poster
    Woodstock Express (Cedar Point), Monday afternoon.

My Intamin followup has the maximum airtime and more comforable lapbars. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure OLE!!!
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Voyage for very epic ERT conditions. Amazing with all our fellow staffers.
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Green Lantern at Six Flags Great Adventure. An afternoon shower began as Thunderhawk and I rode. He had a front row seat. i was in the 5th row.

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    6-7 straight front seat rerides on Legend last night
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

240th ride on Intimidator.

Recap of the day:

Intimidator #239
    Flyers (Hi Kings Island fanboys)
    Thunder Road (new sections are very smooth)
    Carolina Goldrusher (Thanks Ron! Can I have another!?)
    Carolina Cyclone
    Hurler (the great bore since they trimmed it). Pointless ride now.
    Vortex (my 1 ride for the year is taken care of now).
    Intimidator #240
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Ultra Poster
    Last coaster was Goliath at SFNE, media day

before that Untamed at Canobie Lake Park
    Michael C
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Canobie Lake Park Salom NH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankie Canonball Canobie lake park Salom NH | Steel Roller Coaster: Ming Bender SFOG

Antoine, Thunderhawk, and I last rode El Toro today at Six Flags Great Adventure. OLE!!!!

^My 51st lap on El Toro. Did you notice Nitro had resumed testing right as we got into our cars?

I did leave driving by the Employee-Admin entrance thus closer to NITRO. I expected to see the train parked at the bottom of the hill but from far away I was not able to see it there. It probably was testing like you said.

lol you said it would be running too. I couldn't tell from where I was parked at. But El Toro is still a great way to end the day too. Ole!

Wild Mouse of Reithoffer shows. Before that I had Orient Express and the Coney Island Cyclone.

Jett Star of Central Park Funland in Fredericksburg, VA. Before that Was Apollo's Chariot at BGW.

Skyrush at Hersheypark. Intamin stole the restraint system idea from Mack and clearly missed a step somewhere in making them. I didn't like hitting my head on the metal bar of the restraint to my left when riding the outer right side seat. My second ride was better and it is a great ride, but the restraints need help. In the battle of the two hyper coasters built this year, Shambhala is clearly better than Skyrush, IMO.

Wild Eagle. On the far right wing I am still surprised I didn't get hit in the face a few times by trees.

What did you think of it?

Last coaster I rode was Voyage last Sunday. Still cannot accurately express how much I love that coaster.
    ThrillNetwork Database Editor

"I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters" -Unknown
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World / Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Back to respectability for the last coaster: my second cycle on Talon at Dorney Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    In the battle of the two hyper coasters built this year, Shambhala is clearly better than Skyrush, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    What did you think of it?
    It was very very smooth. It was a cool experience being off the track. I definitely preferred the outer seat. I had two rides near the front that were good and one near the back at 10:15 pm that rocked my world. Was it the dark or being near the back? I am not sure. I am at Dollywood again tomorrow so I will probably figure it out then.

Invertigo at Kings Island. This is the only coaster that has continued to actually scare me, and it was a different kind of scare last night, going backwards first didn't agree with my shaking body.

Before that was Diamondback, which will remain number one in my book.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

My final conclusion is I like riding Wild Eagle near the back of the train in one of the outer seats. I would say it is a good, smooth ride but not an amazing ride.

Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure today. Was able to get my brother in law on the ride too. He loves coasters but is deadly afraid of Nitro because of the restraints. Figures that one restraint just isn't enough, but I assured him otherwise. We now have a brand new Nitro lover!