Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Last coaster you rode?

SheiKra front row outside seat at Busch Gardens Tampa. Right before that was the underrated Cheetah Hunt.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    Good to see someone else agrees with me about Cheetah Hunt.

I like the launch into the 3rd section on video. I'm glad Thunderhawk could back that up since he was on it in person. I'm disappointed they didn't engineer the one transition hill to be higher since the current hill caused them to tinker with the sky ride tower height and the cables-weights holding it up. Come on Intamin.

I'm also glad we got a new NITRO fan
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

My last ride has the best coaster name and acronym ever, and I haven't been able to use it since 2008.

The Great American Scream Machine (GASM), tonight, at Six Flags Over Georgia.

I also completed my second superman trio today, the flyers.
    Last edited by Thunderhawk; 06-19-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Georgia Cyclone, this afternoon. I definitely was the recipient of ejector air in the last row.

Talon at Dorney Park today. The best inverter in the northeast, IMO. I had to gain back my own dignity after a ride on Stinger. Dorney was empty today with all rides being a walk on. Wildwater Kingdom was PACKED though because of the heat. Also, nice to see that Steel Forceless is still the WORST hyper out there too.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Intimidator at Carowinds. I probably got 20+ rides today, most of which was during two hours of ERT after the park closed. It was an awesome experience.

I also completed the Vekoma Flyers trio, which was not as awesome.
    Last edited by Thunderhawk; 06-21-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Wacky Worm - Amusements of America at the Meadowlands State Fair in North Jersey in the parking lot of a stadium (In New Jersey!) where Antoine's team that claims to be from New York plays.
    Today was the preview night of the fair with $1 parking, $2 admission, and $1 rides so I rode a Crazy Mouse and a Zyklon as well. I drove by the complex before but never stopped by it until today. The next time I'll probably be there will hopefully be when the Xanadu mall opens up finally with the indoor amusement park addition (Cross my fingers).

I was quick to get in and get out. Within the hour I got the three coasters and left as a very dark cloud came from the west over Met Life Stadium. Twenty minutes later I was driving in the heavy downpour thunderstorm. The Miracle at the Meadowlands was somewhere in that parking lot.
    Last edited by Leo C; 06-22-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

The other Intimidator, Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion. No ERT, but I still managed to get five rides including a front row ride with some rain.

Oh so you rode with glasses. With the string attachment? smh

NITRO gives incredible pain to ride with rain at 80. Intimidator 305 is blindness if you didn't have glasses.
    Last edited by Leo C; 06-25-2012 at 11:38 AM.

I always find it crazy when people wear their eyeglasses on a roller coaster too. I'll wear mine for certain rides, but for the majority they are in my pocket. Eyeglasses are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive to be risking losing on a roller coaster. I have actually had people ask me in line if I am gonna wear my glasses on the roller coaster. I look at them crazy and just say no. A lot of times they end up following suit and putting theirs in a locker or in their pocket too.
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Last coaster I rode was Raptor at Cedar Point this past Saturday. My feet were killing me, and Raptor didn't help, but my back-seat ride was still fantastic! Very forceful!
    ThrillNetwork Database Editor

"I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters" -Unknown
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World / Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I now ride with a cheap-ish pair of sunglasses. I unfortunately got hit in the eye with something at Darien Lake last year on Superman and had to go to the hospital, so I now wear sunglasses to prevent another such incident.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

Ouch. I got hit with an ice ball in the eye when I was a kid so it's understood.

The little coaster that could, Wooden Warrior, at Quassy Amusement Park today. For such a small ride, this thing is actually pretty fun with a number of moments of airtime. Also spent the day at SFNE too. Hadn't been there in about 5 years. Didn't think I would be able to, but was able to ride Intamins top two steel roller coasters in the world in the same season. Final verdict: I still think Expedition GeForce is slightly better than Bizarro. EG wins me over with better restraints to work with for someone of my height. Both are tight fits, but EG is more 'comfortable'.

That makes two TN members that have been on the new Timberliner trains. I rode Wooden Warrior first last year. What a fun ride

Minetrain Poster
    Unlike the um...CHICKENS in my family, rode King's Dominion's TAXI JAM for the last ride of our trip, along with my little guy (7 years old, 46"). And neither one of us held on!

Speaking of sun and eyeglasses, there were at least a dozen in the pool and on the roof of the back building of the Crypt...

My last ride was last night, The Comet at Hersheypark.

I rode Skyrush yesterday for the first time and it has to be the most intense roller coaster I've ever ridden. The restraints are very painful, however, and really detracted from the ride for me. I hope Hershey intends to modify these restraints (further) as they have a potential #1 on their hands.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

^Yeah I agree that they really need to fix the restraints on the ride because it proved to be painful for what otherwise could be a fantastic roller coaster. That really takes away from the experience because you spend a lot of time trying to adjust to the restraints as opposed to enjoying the ride itself.

But my last ride was on Ride of Steel at Darien Lake today. I FINALLY lost my New York roller coaster virginity!

diamondback last row

Leviathan, first row near the end of the night. Great ride.

Also in the Diamondback boat. Need to loose some weight though, drop tower was a very tight fit.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Tatsu at Six Flags Magic Mountain, tonight.

Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland today. It may have a long brake run, but make no mistake about it, this is one really good ride. I think it stomps all over Behemoth and makes it look like the unwanted step-child.

Kingda Ka at SFGADV last Friday night after a tour. I've now hit my two times I ride Kingda Ka a season.

lol Kinda like the day we met there. I rode Superman for the first and last time of the season that day.

Superman Escape from Krypton, at Six Flags Magic Mountain, tonight.

Ghostrider at Knott's, on Monday night. This could be one of the best wooden coasters in the world, but isn't, because apparently maintenance costs too much.

The Beast at Kings Island. Last train to run at night. That ride is absolutely incredible. I only wish those trims were either toned down or off, it's SIN. Although that last big hurrah with the final helix is insanity. Just a long straight drop and THROWN to the right. I was in tears from laughter. Easily one of the best coasters I've experienced; it definitely beat Diamondback in my opinion.

Bizarro #1, Six Flags New England, front row last night.