Thread: Full House - The Complete First Season (1987)

Full House - The Complete First Season (1987)

Full House season one is out. w00t w00t. I use to love this show. Yah I know it is so corny, but Its what I watched. It supposely came out the 8th of February. So I am just now finding out. Its 20 bucks. Not bad.

Title: Full House: The Complete First Season
    Type: Season Set
    Release Date: February 8, 2005
    Studio: Warner Brothers
    Number of DVDs: 4
    Number of Episodes: 22
    Running Time: 547 minutes

Description:

Take three little girls, their recently widowed father, and two of dad's best buddies, put them in the same household, and stand back for a Full House of laughs, love and warmth.

Enjoy all 22 Season One episodes (plus wonderful extras!) of the smash-hit series that ran from 1987 to 1995. Bob Saget plays Danny Tanner, the girls' doting dad. John Stamos is their rock-'n'-rollin' Uncle Jesse. Dave Coulier is Joey, a wannabe comic whose best audience is right at home. And the three Tanner youngers are played by Candance Cameron, Jodie Sweetin and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who share the role of nine-month-old scene stealer Michelle. Their house is your house.

(Summary from back of DVD case)

If your a fan of the show, don't buy the first season. It sucked the most. It got down-rated so much. So they had to change it...

But I'm not buying it. I don't really like this show. I would have to be really bored or have nothing on TV to watch this.
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

You're a brave man sfft_2108 for admittig publicly that you liked this show enough to buy it. I'm surprised that you know this show since it actually debuted before you were even born.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

I used to watch this show quite a bit on NickatNite (because Cosby came afterwards), and its one of the least funniest commedies I've seen. Whats the dad's name? The guy that used to host Americas Funniest home videos, he couldn't make me laugh unless his life depended on it (in which case he might have a joke or two).
    "She's waiting for a prince in shining armor, and I don't even know how to put armor on."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Loch Ness Monster

Strata Poster
    To quote the late, great Kraken:

"Full House is clearly the most contrived pile of filth to ever grace the airwaves."

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

^I thought that was Family Matters.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great America | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage (Holiday World) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba (BGT)

Quote Originally Posted by ErioL
    I used to watch this show quite a bit on NickatNite (because Cosby came afterwards), and its one of the least funniest commedies I've seen. Whats the dad's name? The guy that used to host Americas Funniest home videos, he couldn't make me laugh unless his life depended on it (in which case he might have a joke or two).
    "....did ya ever suck **** for marijauna?"

If you say that he couldn't make you laugh no matter what, then you haven't seen "Half-baked".
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Full House was good and here's my reason. The Olsen Twins were not yet old enough to be money grubbing brats...and they even looked healthy, unlike now.

I'm thinking about picking it up. I have the first 2 season of Boy Meets World, plus seasons 1-4 of Saved by the Bell. As I've told a lot of people, my saving grace is that I also have the Simpson's series.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Quote Originally Posted by coasterlove
    You're a brave man sfft_2108 for admittig publicly that you liked this show enough to buy it. I'm surprised that you know this show since it actually debuted before you were even born.
    I didn't say I was gonna buy it. I am just letting other people know that it came out. Its been like 17 years since the show just started. There is bound to be people who want to buy it.

I just might stick to buying the Simpsons. I have season 1,2,3. Boy Meets World would be a nice collection to start.

Nick at Nite and ABC Family also run this all the time and I'm about sick of it.

I watched the show regularly when it was originally on.

My DVD set I'm waiting on is Cosby Show!!! Why is it taking them so long!!!

grrrr. Night Court Season 1 just came out, I'm going ot have to pick that one up. I loved that show.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Polcyn
    Full House was good and here's my reason. The Olsen Twins were not yet old enough to be money grubbing brats...and they even looked healthy, unlike now.

I'm thinking about picking it up. I have the first 2 season of Boy Meets World, plus seasons 1-4 of Saved by the Bell. As I've told a lot of people, my saving grace is that I also have the Simpson's series.
    Boy meets world is freakin awesome and as long as its not the middle school years of Saved by the Bell (which I don't even think they realesed), then thats fine too.

All these shows make me miss my childhood.
    "foolish earthlings, cower before the awesome techno onslaught of nine-hundred-and-nine robots dancing in unison"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Does anyone remember this show that took place in the 80's that was kind of like Saved by the Bell, but it took place in the classroom and they never seemed to leave there.

It's not Kids in the Hall I know. Does anyone remember that one? (not kith the other)

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Ahead of the class? I have no idea. I was born in 89 so I didn't see any shows in the 80's.

Wes, that show is Head of the Class. The first teacher was on WKRP in Cincinatti I think and the second teacher had a small part in Indecent Proposal and also more recently in The Last Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by sfft_2108
    I didn't say I was gonna buy it. I am just letting other people know that it came out. Its been like 17 years since the show just started. There is bound to be people who want to buy it.
    I'm just messing with ya. You know you my boy.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

Head of the class!!!

I can't believe I forgot the title. I'd like to see that one again, it's been so long ago.

I always liked it more than Saved by the Bell for some reason.

SBTB was so corny to me.

Ain't followin' Whitey's rules Diesel's Avatar
    Head of the Class was a decent show. It had a summer-long stint on Nick-at-nite in 2003, as did Perfect Strangers.

Liking Full House is something I would not admit in public, if I did. Whereas The Cosby Show focused on blacking America when the ratings began to slide, Full House began a course of feminizing America when it began it's decline.
    "It's just gonna be goin' on...like Donkey Kong...144,000 strong."
    I still BRAKE for Kraken.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Magic Kingdom | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Liking Full House is something I would not admit in public, if I did.
    It sounds like someone is in denial. I would've read through your post and thought nothing of it but you added "....if I did." You had to make sure that nobody would think you were a fan of the show.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

Whatever happened to predictability?

Mean Streak fan #337 DemonHunter4337's Avatar
    At least the original SBTB wasn't too bad ever see SBTB: The College Years? Now that show sucked.
    ThrillNetwork Honorary Staff Member
    Daniel T. Miller: 1981-2007
    Peace,Love,Life!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Big Dipper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor