Thread: New York City to SFGAdv

New York City to SFGAdv

I assume the best way to get to SFGADV from New York would be the NJ Transit bus. It costs $47 as a package, including transport & park entry.

Would a weekday in late April be a good choice? What rides should be done early in the morning? Any other tips appreciated!

That's a good price for the package. Knock CHILLER off as soon as possible. The other coasters have good capacity.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Do you have any idea why the park is open daily for the last week of April, but then closed again for the following week?

I presumed it was spring break for the local schools, but I reseached it and the spring break isn't on these dates...

Jackson school district has off that week for spring break. (I know im in that school.)
    SFGADV goes along with the Jackson school district. When they have a scheduled day off, then the park is open. So, say we had off this following monday for a holiday, then SFGADV would be open.

Just to let you know, KK IS suspose to open that week.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka/Top Thrill Dragster

Looping Poster
    How long does it take to get from NYC to Great Adventure? Next time I fly to New York (when I get a job and some money), I'm gonna try and get to GAdv.

Bus leaves New York at 9:30, arrives at 11:00.

Jackson school district has off that week for spring break. (I know im in that school.)
    SFGADV goes along with the Jackson school district. When they have a scheduled day off, then the park is open. So, say we had off this following monday for a holiday, then SFGADV would be open.

Just to let you know, KK IS suspose to open that week.

If it will be busy for Spring Break and that new coaster, I probably won't go.

No, ONLY Jackson is out that week. All other schools are in.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka/Top Thrill Dragster

So last year, the spring break week wasn't crowded at the park? I guess in that case, I just have to worry about Kingda Ka's opening.

I hope it's still closed cause I don't want it to be busy, and I wouldn't have the guts to ride that thing anyway.

Thanks medieval!

Quote Originally Posted by medieval
    No, ONLY Jackson is out that week. All other schools are in.
    The last week of April (Saturday, April 23rd - Sunday May 2nd) is Passover week. Practically ALL schools are closed that week. This year, Easter and Passover did not fall anywhere near each other like they usually do.

So, there is a VERY good chance the park will be extremely crowded. I am sure that all colleges will be closed that week as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    How long does it take to get from NYC to Great Adventure? Next time I fly to New York (when I get a job and some money), I'm gonna try and get to GAdv.
    Depending on where you leave from in New York City, the average travel time is around an hour and a half to two hours, depending on traffic.
    Last edited by joedonuts1011; 04-02-2005 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joedonuts1011
    The last week of April (Saturday, April 23rd - Sunday May 2nd) is Passover week. Practically ALL schools are closed that week. This year, Easter and Passover did not fall anywhere near each other like they usually do.
    All the other schools had spring break. So if their closed, then that shot over my head.

I recamend leaving around 8-8:30. Little after rush hour. Also rides knocking off first would be Chiller and also I would say Superman. Also knock Nitro off when ever the line is under hour and a half lines for that can get massive.
    Yes yes yes, I am bringing Sexy Back

Minetrain Poster
    IIRC, there are multiple buses that leave regularly throughout the morning. Every half hour I think. So it's not like 9:30 is the only time.

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    I know South Jersey already had it's spring break and does not get off for Passover. If KK is open, that is what you want to get to first. Then hit Chiller, Batman, Nitro. Then go for anything else on that side of the park that you would like to. After go over to Medusa, RT, Superman, and GASM. Add in all flats and other rides as you pass them. If you have time at the end, Try to get back in line for KK and wait until the end. They will probably close KK's line around 9:00 but let it run until it's empty.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

KK's line will close with the park like every other line.

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure that TTD and sometimes MF would close their lines off 30 mins. to an hour before the park closed. That way they wouldn't be running it until 1 in the morning.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

Well, if the hourly capicaty is what they said it is, then they wont need to close it off.