Thread: Expedition geforce being shifted 12 meters!!

Storm Runner Poster magnumxl2005's Avatar

Expedition geforce being shifted 12 meters!!

Yes its true Expedition geforce is being shifted 12 meters to make it in the center of the park because of a chinese man and this is not a joke!
    Go to [url]www.rcdb.com[/url] and see in headlines. This is crazy!!
    HAPPY 100 HERSHEY!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

James
    this gets the BIG "WTF"

[url]http://www.rcdb.com/document169.htm[/url]

From what timezone is Duane? If he's out of the US, he may be posting on April Fools Day already. This sounds really wacky.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Thats exactly what I was thinking. This is just a really wierd article???
    "foolish earthlings, cower before the awesome techno onslaught of nine-hundred-and-nine robots dancing in unison"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

James
    the parks website also has the story... and photos too! lol (but i also think its a fools jokes..)

It's definelty a April Fools joke...Move a coaster 12 meters! Get outta here. That would be stupid and insane. This is just one big sick joke if you ask me.

Yeah, it is. There is no way that they would do that! Especially in 15 days. All new footers, take down the track, move the supports, and then put them in place and then the track. Then all the tecnical work, there is no way! I know portable coasters can be put up fast, but this isn't portable!

Plus, the grandstand thing is just so cheesy. They would have to close the paths under it also.
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

Yeah...early April fools joke haha

funny though

Storm Runner Poster magnumxl2005's Avatar
    But do they celebrate it in germany?
    HAPPY 100 HERSHEY!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

seems like proof how US culture has progressed in our world.

See how Cid has presented us with a reminder of the TN April Fools joke pulled about 2 years ago. That avatar. Kudos to those TNers that have stuck it through long enough to remember that.
    Last edited by Leo C; 03-31-2005 at 11:11 PM.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Strata Poster
    Pretty nice job with the joke by having it on the park's site as well as RCDB.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Corkscrew Poster
    On the parks website, well, at least the website that is in German, they are having an offer for anyone who goes to the park on April 1st. Any men, over 12 years old, dressed as a monk gets in free. While the rest of the thing seems to be a nice little April Fools joke, this seems ligit. So if you're in the area, and you can dress like a monk, get to the park and get in free!
    If you can't stand the heights, get out of the line.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Paramount's Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Reminds me of the crazy, but logical joke of Magnum at Cedar Point sinking into Lake Erie. I am going to be honest, I thought about it b/c you know how the land can slide and shift things but I'm sure that the structures were built deep enough that this wouldn't happen unless of course, you have a tsunami.

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    thats really weird. it has to be a joke. They must have planned this for a while with RCDB and the park. Pretty funny.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

April Fool's, no question about it. Why would anyone possibly spend all that money just to shift a coaster 36 feet to one side? Pretty funny though, I congratulate them on thinking up something clever.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

[QUOTE=CHILLERLC1]From what timezone is Duane?[/QUOTE] Central like me, but this is defenitly an april fools joke, a pretty good one too.
    My Coaster Videos
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Looping Poster
    April fools is huge in Germany. When I lived there, everyone did it, young and old! This is a great April fools joke.

It reminds me about the one Alton Towers did a few years ago when they stated they would be building a rollercoaster which splashed through pools filled with great white sharks! It was amazing how many people fell for that.

Let gravity do the work.
    Haha. I almost believed it. Until I realized - "oh, those silly Germans."

Looping Poster
    I think it's a great idea letting everyone dressed as a monk in free today (surely this gave away that the whole thing was April Fools). I wish more parks did promotions like that. Hopefully they'll be loads of pictures of everyone dressed as monks.

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    This Aporil fools joke was acually pretty good. I almost believed it. Almost.

For those who are unsure if its a joke, I think that this quote gives us a definate answer:

"A 500-seat grandstand has been built to offer spectators a view of the coaster."

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    Yea that does kind of give it away. But that would be really cool to watch them move a coaster.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

Is it just me or has April Fools Day been played out an awful lot this year? The only thread that got me was that STeel Eel derailment, cause I hadnt seen any of the other coaster sites yet. After reading that first post there, I became wary.

Anyway, clever. But yeah...I think the grand stand and the fact that 12 monks from China are coming to the event kinda give it away. I dunno..
    New address, new forums, better ePirate -- Gopirate.net.

I love Sidecar on Mainstreet!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Not a single thread got me this year. I was scarred by TN when they did their big hoax a few years ago.

Well, the English version of the Holiday Park site tells it as news, but the German one looks like it says it was an April Fools Joke. So that settles it.

Why did it come out on the 31st, 1 day before april fools day?
    [b]Subtitle[/b]: 17 truck-mounted cranes, 12 monks, 3 million euros and a roller coaster in the wrong spot -- Holiday Park Director Wolfgang Schneider: "Shifting the coaster is necessary according to the teachings of Feng Shui"

[b]Date[/b]: 3/31/2005
    Xbox 360 gamertag: JLF181

Hi! I am a forum signature virus. Please copy/paste me to your signature to help me spread!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventures | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lighting Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Stop ruining the fun!

Yeah, I noticed quite a few April Fools jokes all over coaster sites. One that really scared me was coasters2k. I thought my computer was busted.

Ok. I feel like a total friggin idiot. lol! I totally fell for this!! I thought it was insane, but I was totally believing it. LOL!! I have been looking for pics of it forever!! Gosh I'm dumb. LOL!!
    I like the Zingo a lot.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum (with no trims), and Phantom's Revenge

The Electronics Guru
    This wasn't even a good joke...

I think it's time to put the padlock on this thread.