Thread: Post threads with leeched images here

Post threads with leeched images here

About this thread:

Post URLs to threads with the page number and the name of the offending member here.

We have multiple definitions of leeched image...

A leeched image is an image imbedded in the forums with the [img] code. A leeched image is taking bandwidth from another website and it may also be showing a copyrighted image (some people get upset about that). To tell, you can right-click on an image in the forums and view the URL in properties (in IE) and if it does not begin with "http://www.thrillnetwork.com," then it is not one of ours, and it is being leeched. This may be hard to find, but if it doesn't say "(member name) has attached this image:", then it is being leeched.

Images are also considered leeched if there is a clear copyright that belongs to another copyright holder, even if it is attached to the post. The copyright is usually seen as a watermark in a corner of the photo. We will not host these photos unless it is the owner him/her self that posts it, or we have received written permission from the copyright holder.

A recent way of circumventing the leeching rule is if you attach an image here on TN, then use the image utility, that is grounds for it to be considered leeching (bandwidth and server process).

Exceptions: Some images may be linked to member's own web pages or an account with an image hosting site and that's generally okay. Try to see for yourself if it's their website. If it's questionable, don't hesitate to post it here and we will look into it.

Common Image hosting sites include, but are not limited to...
    - Photobucket
    - Imagestash
    - Webshots

Also, this thread can be used to report images that are more than 600 pixels wide.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

Picked it up, thank you.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Fixed and locked.
    RCFreak
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disneyland Resort | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Space Mountain (New Disneyland version)

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

The Electronics Guru
    That is the hottest toliet I've seen, and fixed.

I see nothing wrong with linking to the exact spot. Unless someone got to this before I did.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

James
    http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...209#post571209

That topic still has photos that are from CoasterImage on it. Also ones from site less people (but were posted on RCDB)

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    All images were removed.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Polcyn
    I see nothing wrong with linking to the exact spot. Unless someone got to this before I did.
    Huh...I gave a link to the thread...what else are you supposed to do?

I guess I saw a different version of the page than other staff did. never mind.

I think I know what was wrong now, bk2004, I had an option turned off, but now I turned it back on, so I can "see" where I was wrong.

Fixed it ramblin...thanks.

Fixing What You Broke Kyle Rehm's Avatar
    That is posted from Imageshack, and Imageshack allows leeching.
    Kyle Rehm
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper (SFGAm) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Yep, and edited.

James
    http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...347#post593347
    A new member made a "guess the coaster" game... So I dont know if its "wrong" or not. Its leeched images... But he didnt say they were his.

They were indeed leeched.

Thanks
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Teh Band

Fixed and comment added.

Avalanche of adventure poster
    Not really leached images, but images taken while on the ride in violation of the TOS.
    http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...7&postcount=27