Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ride/Park Database Changes

Yeah you didn't hear? They stole the one from Jubilee Odyssey. It's not attached to the rest of the track or anything, just there for viewing purposes.

Fixt.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

James
    Jubilee Odyssey = Do Want....

Galaxi (Funtown/Splashtown U.S.A.) :: ThrillNetwork.com this has been removed from the park

As has this Slingshot (Trimper's Rides) :: ThrillNetwork.com

James
    Lisebergs page needs work.

This is an SDC ride.. and its now removed.
    Tornado (Liseberg) :: ThrillNetwork.com

Removed
    Topspin (Liseberg) :: ThrillNetwork.com

Removed
    Rainbow (Liseberg) :: ThrillNetwork.com

This was an Intamin made LOOPING STAR SHIP.. but in its later year no longer looped (but still had OTSRs) and its now also removed.
    Kulingen (Liseberg) :: ThrillNetwork.com

And this has also been removed.
    Cirkusexpressen (Liseberg) :: ThrillNetwork.com

Ultra Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Jubilee Odyssey = Do Want....

Galaxi (Funtown/Splashtown U.S.A.) :: ThrillNetwork.com this has been removed from the park

As has this Slingshot (Trimper's Rides) :: ThrillNetwork.com
    These two are taken care of. I though funtown had been updated.
    Michael C
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Canobie Lake Park Salom NH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankie Canonball Canobie lake park Salom NH | Steel Roller Coaster: Ming Bender SFOG

Liseberg's page has been updated with a more current list of past rides. I also added the upcoming 2009 attractions: Rebalder and Hanghai.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

James
    Adventure Landing :: ThrillNetwork.com
    Still needs its Coaster added, park also has an S&S froghopper.

Adventure Landing updated. And I hope you didn't drive to that park just credit hore that Frog Hopper, even if the coaster was closed because of rain.

James
    I stopped on my way home from Orlando (I drove from Boston!).. So it really wasn't out of the way. I would have been in JAX via 95 anyways. REST STOP
    Last edited by James; 01-05-2009 at 08:24 PM.

James
    This - Montaña Rusa (Tibidabo) :: ThrillNetwork.com - has been removed. And the parks new (unlisted on TN) Vekoma has opened.. After 2 years of construction.

Montana Rusa moved to past rides and Muntanya Russa added.

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    I have pieced together some more information on SFOG. Since I was not around for most of these rides, most of this is based on research and logic (such as if this ride replaced this one, it couldn't have been installed whatever year). Some rides need to be added, some updated.

-Mo Mo the Monster- 1974-1995 Originally placed in the USA section. Was moved to the Cotton States Exposition in 1978. Replaced Plying Phlyrpus? Located where Skull Island is now.
    -Phlying Phlyrpus- 1975-1977 Replaced by Mo Mo the Monster.
    -Skyhook- 1969-1977 Located were Freefall used to be. Relocated from SFOT. Relocated to Magic Springs?
    -Wheel Burrow- 1968-1970 Chance Tumbler, replaced by Drunken Barrels.
    -Skyway(Skylift)- 1967-1982
    -Satellites- 1967-1973
    -Jumpin' Frijoles- 1975-1984 Located in the Spanish section.
    -Flying Bulls- 1975-present kiddie ride located in the Spanish section. Previously named Happy Worm Ride(1975-1984) and Henry Hawk Happy Worm(1985-1994).
    -Convoy Grande- 1992-present Previously named Roadrunner's Convoy(1992-1994). Replaced Mini Mine Train.
    -Little Aviator- 1985-present Previously named Flying Tasmanian Devil Planes(1985-1994).
    -Santa Maria- 1985-present Replaced Jumpin' Frijoles. Previously named Yosemite Sam's Buccaneer Boats(1985-1994).
    -Swing Seville- 1985-present Zamperla Kiddie Swings? Previously named Tweety's Swing(1985-1994).
    -Fiesta Wheel- 1985-present Zamperla Mini Ferris Wheel? Previously named Elmer Fudd's Fewwis Wheel(1985-1994).
    -Tweety's Clubhouse- 2001-present Zamperla Jumpin' Star or S&S Frog Hopper.
    -Flying Jenny(Mule-Go-Round)- 1967-19?? Powered by a live mule named Joe.
    -Skull Island- 2005-present Proslide Technology body flume complex.
    -Goldtown Racer- 1999-present J&J amusements Go-Karts.
    -Log Jamboree(current)- 1968-present
    -Log Jamboree(past)- 1967-1990 Replaced by Ragin Rivers.
    -Dodge City Bumper Caers- 1973-present Soli Bumper Cars
    -Wheelie- 1977-present Moved to its current location in 1985.
    -Mini Mine Train- 1969-1988 Replaced by Convoy Grande.
    -Looping Starship- 1985-1985, 1989-2005 Installed in 1985, removed at the end of the season, returned in 1989.
    -Round Up- 1995-1995 Replaced Mo Mo the Monster, only lasted a few months.
    Last edited by Racer; 03-15-2009 at 09:43 PM.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

Rawrrrrr that's a lot of info. I'll work on this little by little and edit this post as I go through each section. I double check all your stats so this could take a while.

-MoMo the Monster~ dates updated and all known relocations added to ride's history
    -Phlying Phlyprus~ Momo was relocated to the old Skyhook location in 1978, so it cannot be accurately assumed that PP closed in 77, when Momo was not again relocated to the old location of PP until the early 1980's. The closing date remains unknown (with a range of 75-82) unless more evidence comes forth.
    -Sky Hook~ ride added and dates verified, relocated to Dollywood (not Magic Springs)
    -Wheel Burrow~ dates were added and verified
    -Skyway~ From what I dug up this ride, it's official name was Astrolift or Skylift. However people often called it the Skyway. This is all not to be confused with the current SkyBuckets. The most common one I saw was Skylift so I changed it the database. I also updated the history of the ride.
    -Satellites~ Dates added and verified
    -Jumpin' Frijoles~ I've found no info on this ride so I assume it was some sort of kiddie frog hopper. Added.
    -Flying Bulls~ I don't see this on the SFOG website. Is this possibly Toro, Toro?
    Last edited by Marcus; 03-24-2009 at 09:20 PM.

Skyhook went to Dollywood? That's interesting.
    Sorry for some of the inaccuracies and thanks for clearing them up.
    I do know that MoMo the Monster was taken out at least after 1976 because it appears on the 1976 map. I can try to find more to narrow the date down.
    Last edited by Racer; 03-17-2009 at 09:05 AM.
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

James

Quote Originally Posted by Racer View Post
    Skyhook went to Dollywood? That's interesting.
    Sorry for some of the inaccuracies and thanks for clearing them up.
    I do know that MoMo the Monster was taken out at least after 1976 because it appears on the 1976 map. I can try to find more to narrow the date down.
    I'm actually trying to figure out Phlying Phlyprus closing date. We know it opened in 1975. I also know that it could not have been operating in 1983, because Mo-mo was relocated (because they installed Freefall), to Phlying Phlyprus's location. So I'm trying to narrow the 1975-1983 of approximately when Phlying Phlyprus closed. You could narrow it by a year if you could tell me if Phlying Phlyrpus is on your 1976 map, however I would expect it to be unless the ride was only in operation for one year.

Also Tasmanian Tiger was unlocked and opening date was added.

James
    What the hell is going on with this?
    Space Blast Tower (Magical Midway) :: ThrillNetwork.com

Space Blast Tower is an S&S first-gen tower (moved from Mexico) and it predates the standard S&S Spaceshot. This and the one that used to run in the Dells were the only 2 of this style. I don't know why TNDB thinks its the Slingshot (thats 300+ feet tall)

Space Blast on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And MMs Tornado was only half there on my 08 trip... In 09 it had been fully removed.

Space Blast Tower has had it's builder updated and Tornado has been moved to past rides.

I found it interesting that this isn't in the database. Myrtle Beach Pavilion Nostalgia Park @ Broadway At The Beach- relocated Myrtle Beach Pavilion's relocated rides.

Pavilion Nostalgia Park in Myrtle Beach SC

Unless another staff member recently added it, I have a Pavilion Nostalgia Park, as it is offically named on the park's website, already listed in the database. It also already has 3 members visited and a news article linked, so I'm assuming it wasn't added recently. I'll check to see if there's anything I can update on it though.

James
    Jokers Wildcard at SFNE can be moved back from past rides to current. Its now outdoors and in Nightwings former spot. The ride still has a no-singles rule.. And a new 6 foot maximum height limit.

Blitz, the parks new (used) Portable Sling Shot is also open (both as of 4/10/09). Its 25$ a rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    -Flying Bulls~ I don't see this on the SFOG website. Is this possibly Toro, Toro?
    Yep. I think the name keeps getting changed. The last time I was at SFOG, it was called Flying Bulls. And Jumpin' Frijoles was a spinning ride of some type, but I don't know what kind.
    Last edited by Racer; 04-20-2009 at 08:36 AM.

James
    Pharoah's Fury (Old Town) :: ThrillNetwork.com

"pharoahs" is spelled wrong.

Changed. And there is an apostrophe in the name.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

James
    Pirate's Flight (Six Flags America) :: ThrillNetwork.com
    Thats not a Zamp. Its an Intamin "Flying Dutchman"

And this
    High Seas (Six Flags America) :: ThrillNetwork.com
    is also an Intamin

While making my own flatride list I've come across a lot of miss-info on TNDB

Edit.. This name is way off http://database.thrillnetwork.com/ri...am_weaver.html

Its just Wave Swinger....

Edit AGAIN
    This - http://database.thrillnetwork.com/ri...ris_wheel.html - is clearly NOT a Chance wheel. I guess it to be a Vekoma of the same style of SFNEs former wheel. Although I cant find anything to back it up yet. Its definitely NOT a Chance ride.
    Last edited by James; 05-09-2009 at 02:54 AM.

Prowler (Worlds of Fun) :: ThrillNetwork.com
    Prowler is now open. Also, it is not a steel coaster, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by steel View Post
    Prowler (Worlds of Fun) :: ThrillNetwork.com
    Prowler is now open. Also, it is not a steel coaster, lol.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Pirate's Flight (Six Flags America) :: ThrillNetwork.com
    Thats not a Zamp. Its an Intamin "Flying Dutchman"
    Fixed.

Fixed.

Edit.. This name is way off Wave Swinger (Kings Dominion) :: ThrillNetwork.com

Its just Wave Swinger....
    Fixed.

Monster Mansion (Six Flags Over Georgia) :: ThrillNetwork.com Mansion opened this past Saturday (5-16).

James
    http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...sasquatch.html

Needs to be added and listed as open.

James
    Zoo de Granby :: ThrillNetwork.com Coaster needs to be opened.. And named (I rode it about 2 hours ago)

Park also has a Monorail and Swinging Ship that needs to be listed as a rides

This is from the Six Flags.com Website

All Rides: Six Flags Great America

Revolution at SFGAM is Operating!!!!
    Triple Play at SFGAM is Operating!!!
    When are you guys going to add Buccaneer Battle

A New Park: Knuckleheads in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin

Knucklehead's Bowling & Indoor Amusement Park - Wisconsin Dells, WI

Magic Waters Waterpark

Magic Waters - Home page

That Fun Place

That Fun Place - Central Indiana Family Entertainment.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast