Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ride/Park Database Changes

Both Dollywood and Dollywood's Splah Country need there Thrillnetwork Database addresses changed. The parks new address is:
    2700 Dollywood Parks Boulevard
    Pigeon Forge, Tennessee 37863

Also SkyZip needs to be added to Dollywood's database list so people can add it to there counts. Adventure Mountain can also be added back on as opening in 2010 as the park has made it official that it will be opening next year.

Pilgrims Plunge at Holiday World is also now open. It's facts on the rides Thrillnetwork page also needs to be changed I do not think the ride goes 80.47 m.p.h.
    2010: Applause Award, 2 Golden Tickets, 4 Brass Rings
    Here is to an award winning 2011 season!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

Parks like Michigan's Adventure and Kings Island need another entry for their waterparks.

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    I'm not sure if this counts, but SFOG's Deja Vu should be listed as In Storage. It is still in the back of the employee parking lot and is clearly visible from the top of Acrophobia; if you know where to look.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

James
    2 months later, still needs to be added.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Zoo de Granby :: ThrillNetwork.com Coaster needs to be opened.. And named (I rode it about 2 hours ago)

Park also has a Monorail and Swinging Ship that needs to be listed as a rides
    Also still needs to be listed - http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...sasquatch.html

^Yeah I wish some more active people were in charge of caring for the database. I don't know how many times I've tried to get some other small parks added that never were.

We don't have a dedicated DB person right now. Marcus left about a month ago. We try when we can. In fact, I'll try to add/edit these rides and parks now.

• Sasquatch
    • Editing Deja Vu gave me an error, so I guess we'll try that later.
    • Dollywood and Dollywood's Splash Country addresses changed.
    • SkyZip
    • Pilgrims Plunge updated
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Another question: before Marcus left, there was a lot of stuff that needed updating that I think was overlooked or forgotten. I had a ton of info on SFOG, and Marcus got half of it done, I think. For instance, when Monster Mansion opened, it was still listed as Under Construction, I posted that it needed to be unlocked, and also put the opening day with it and the ride was unlocked, but the opening day was abandoned. I'm just making sure that this stuff doesn't get overlooked twice, I'm not trying to rush you into updating the DB. If it means a quality DB, take your time.

Also, are water parks a big priority in the DB? I noticed that Six Flags WhiteWater was missing almost every water slide.
    Last edited by Racer; 07-16-2009 at 09:53 PM.
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

I think if we see that the last reply was by a staff member, we leave the thread alone because the issues were most likely handled. You can list your SFOG stuff, and I can try to fix them. As for water parks, I'm not sure yet. I can probably start adding a few, but it might take awhile.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

I'll just copy and paste the SFOG stuff and denote the stuff Marcus had already fixed.

-Mo Mo the Monster- 1974-1995 Originally placed in the USA section. Was moved to the Cotton States Exposition in 1978. Replaced Plying Phlyrpus? Located where Skull Island is now. Fixed by Marcus
    -Phlying Phlyrpus- 1975-1977 Replaced by Mo Mo the Monster. Fixed by Marcus
    -Skyhook- 1969-1977 Located were Freefall used to be. Relocated from SFOT. Relocated to Magic Springs? Fixed by Marcus
    -Wheel Burrow- 1968-1970 Chance Tumbler, replaced by Drunken Barrels. Fixed by Marcus(halfway)
    -Skyway(Skylift)- 1967-1982 Fixed by Marcus
    -Satellites- 1967-1973 Fixed by Marcus
    -Jumpin' Frijoles- 1975-1984 Located in the Spanish section.(spinning ride) Fixed by Marcus(halfway)
    -Flying Bulls(Toro Toro)- 1975-present kiddie ride located in the Spanish section. Previously named Happy Worm Ride(1975-1984) and Henry Hawk Happy Worm(1985-1994). I think this is where Marcus left off.
    -Convoy Grande- 1992-present Previously named Roadrunner's Convoy(1992-1994). Replaced Mini Mine Train.
    -Little Aviator- 1985-present Previously named Flying Tasmanian Devil Planes(1985-1994).
    -Santa Maria- 1985-present Replaced Jumpin' Frijoles. Previously named Yosemite Sam's Buccaneer Boats(1985-1994).
    -Swing Seville- 1985-present Zamperla Kiddie Swings? Previously named Tweety's Swing(1985-1994).
    -Fiesta Wheel- 1985-present Zamperla Mini Ferris Wheel? Previously named Elmer Fudd's Fewwis Wheel(1985-1994).
    -Tweety's Clubhouse- 2001-present Zamperla Jumpin' Star or S&S Frog Hopper.
    -Flying Jenny(Mule-Go-Round)- 1967-19?? Powered by a live mule named Joe.
    -Skull Island- 2005-present Proslide Technology body flume complex.
    -Goldtown Racer- 1999-present J&J amusements Go-Karts.
    -Log Jamboree(current)- 1968-present
    -Log Jamboree(past)- 1967-1990 Replaced by Ragin Rivers.
    -Dodge City Bumper Caers- 1973-present Soli Bumper Cars
    -Wheelie- 1977-present Moved to its current location in 1985.
    -Mini Mine Train- 1969-1988 Replaced by Convoy Grande.
    -Looping Starship- 1985-1985, 1989-2005 Installed in 1985, removed at the end of the season, returned in 1989.
    -Round Up- 1995-1995 Replaced Mo Mo the Monster, only lasted a few months.

-Monster Mansion- Opened 5/16/2009.

The Nick Universe (MOA) rides need their names changed still. This link will give you both the new names, and what they were previously.

Nickelodeon Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

James
    Chip, Zoo Granby coaster still needs to be listed as open
    Also this coaster needs to be added to TNDB... In my quest to piss off one Kyle L I made sure to stop here - Peter Piper Pizza (Las Vegas, Nevada 89107 USA) and ride the coaster (580)

Alvey took the pic on the RCDB - oh man.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

-Anaconda set to operating at Zoo de Granby
    -Added Peter Piper Pizza and it's coaster
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Funtown Splashtown's Mouse is listed as closed but is open...and has been all year.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Lake Compounce, Indiana Beach, Busch Gardens Europe, Kennywood, Canobie Lake | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: SROS (SFNE)

Wild Mouse status changed to operating
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Martin's Fantasy Island's Mega Disk'O needs to be changed to operating.

Waldameer needs two rides added:
    Mega Vortex, a Mega Disk'O, and
    X Scream, a drop tower.

I posted this before as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by cplover34 View Post
    The Nick Universe (MOA) rides need their names changed still. This link will give you both the new names, and what they were previously.

Nickelodeon Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MFI's Mego Disk'O is unlocked.

I added the two rides at Waldameer

Rides at Nick Universe names now match the Nickelodeon theme.

Shelby Township eh? My family's residence is right across from Lakeside Mall. You wouldn't happen to remember a waterpark named 4 bears? And the poorly designed waterslide in which you had to wear a helmet?

I added that Darien Lake's Rodeo Round-Up opened in 1983 and it's now known as Corn Popper

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    We have a freeze on DB changes until we can get our new site up. In the meantime, if you see a change, please keep noting it.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

I added some information about Darien Lake's Brain Teaser and here's what i've added

The ride opened in 1981
    The minimum height requirement is 36 inches
    The Maximum height requirement is 54 inches

On the Dollywood page:
    Dollywood does not feature the worlds largest interactive tree house anymore
    Timber Tower is not operating any more(or at least for the season)
    Barnstormer is not listed as one of the rides

Thanks for the update. As soon as we are able to update the datasbase we will change those. It should be ready to be edited this weekend.
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapower View Post
    I added that Darien Lake's Rodeo Round-Up opened in 1983 and it's now known as Corn Popper
    Sorry you had to with three months for your change to be made but I took care of it.
    Corn Popper :: ThrillNetwork.com

I added some information about Darien Lake's Brain Teaser and here's what i've added

The ride opened in 1981
    The minimum height requirement is 36 inches
    The Maximum height requirement is 54 inches
    Thanks!
    Brain Teaser :: ThrillNetwork.com

Quote Originally Posted by SCDollywoodfan View Post
    On the Dollywood page:
    Dollywood does not feature the worlds largest interactive tree house anymore
    Timber Tower is not operating any more(or at least for the season)
    Barnstormer is not listed as one of the rides
    Thanks!
    Dollywood :: ThrillNetwork.com
    Timber Tower :: ThrillNetwork.com
    Barnstormer :: ThrillNetwork.com
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Here are some info about Darien Lake's rides

Weather Balloons was known as "Seaport Weather Balloons" from 1999-2006

The minimum height requirement for UFO is 60"

Poland Spring Plunger opened in 1981 as "Thunder Rapids" from 1981-1998 and 2007 onwards and the minimum height requirement is 48"

Grizzly Run opened in 1989 and the minimum height requirement is 42"

Scrambler opened in 1999 and the minimum height requirement is 42"

Giant Wheel opened in 1983 and the minimum height requirement is 42"

Silver Bullet opened in 1980 and the minimum height requirement is 48" and the max is 77"

Haymaker opened in 1979 and the minimum height requirement is 42"

Ranger opened in 1982 and the minimum height requirement is 54"

The Ride of Steel's height requirement is 54" (min) 76" (max)

Grand Carousel's height requirement is 36" (min)

Twister's height requirement is 55" (min) 77" (max)

Sleighride's Maximum height requirement is 77" and was known as "Petersburg" from 1981-1999 the ride opened in 1981

Corn Popper was known as "Rodeo Round-Up" from 1999-2009 and it used the current name from 1983-1998

Raging Seas opened in 1981 and was know as from 1981-1999 as "Sea Storm"

Excuse me for making this post rather long, but I just want to make some changes to Darien Lake on the database.
    Last edited by Pikapower; 05-15-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: too long

Excuse me for making this post rather long, but I just want to make some changes to Darien Lake on the database.
    No Problem!

I made a bunch of changes to Darien Lake (both the ones you mentioned and a few others). Let us know if there is anything else!
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

^I'll start on this list this comming week.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

I think this is the right thread to add this, but I'm having trouble adding the url to Dollywood's youtube and twitter pages. I'd say some other park pages are experiencing this as well.
    -Termination complete-

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood

Hi Shawn,

This is a known problem, all the fields between Facebook URL and Blog RSS URL are not functioning right now.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Alrighty, just letting you know just in case.

These will be working again in the next update (probably this weekend).
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast